PDA

View Full Version : Colorado - Blast from the Past

Para-Diddler
20-Jan-09, 20:34
For those that will remember the old Colorado or more recently Geordie Jack and the Jacks 'jackstheband' is worth a look on YouTube.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_vQpzmLce1w&feature=related

Certainly brings back some memories.:D

arana negra
20-Jan-09, 22:31
OMG I remember them I do miss live music here.

poppett
20-Jan-09, 23:52
Thank you so much for posting the link. I had a wonderful trip down memory lane......... was at Wembley in 88.

Anne x
21-Jan-09, 02:24
Who could forget them Davy Duff on steel guitar (what a loss ) Geordie Jack, Dado Duncan ,Gordon Davidson and Sandy Bottly Mackay on Drums
great times they were ,many a great night well spent

Oddquine
21-Jan-09, 13:09
Who could forget them Davy Duff on steel guitar (what a loss ) Geordie Jack, Dado Duncan ,Gordon Davidson and Sandy Bottly Mackay on Drums
great times they were ,many a great night well spent

I didn't get into them until the late Willie Anderson was the drummer and Davy Duff had left, so I enjoyed the videos of the old setup.

highlander
21-Jan-09, 16:37
That was greattttttttt listening to them again, so i ended up clicking on somemore songs, ended up with boxcar willie singing "Saddest song in the world" omg what is it about country music that makes you end up greetin, lol so off i went and had a cuddle with hector the cat.

stewart4364
21-Jan-09, 17:39
Geordie Jack has a DVD out called Looking Back which covers from the early days up to the more recent events. I bought it last year at the Country Music Festival in Halkirk -- It is very good and all proceeds are being donated to the "Davy Duff Tapes for the Blind". It is produced in a limited edition by Ross Productions. You can possibly buy a DVD if you contact Geordie Jack, I think he lives down around the Golspie area.
It is worth buying and is guaranteed to bring back a lot of memories

Anne x
21-Jan-09, 17:44
Geordie Jack has a DVD out called Looking Back which covers from the early days up to the more recent events. I bought it last year at the Country Music Festival in Halkirk -- It is very good and all proceeds are being donated to the "Davy Duff Tapes for the Blind". It is produced in a limited edition by Ross Productions. You can possibly buy a DVD if you contact Geordie Jack, I think he lives down around the Golspie area.
It is worth buying and is guaranteed to bring back a lot of memories

it is excellent they have a page on Bebo called The Jacks all there material is on there to purchase

Para-Diddler
21-Jan-09, 19:47
Glad to hear you all enjoyed the trip down memory lane - I'm sure there are a few of you that also remember that old bit of road at Dunbeath during the video clip of 'Driving my Life Away'.

All the best:D

dan67
21-Jan-09, 20:18
remember the dances at canisbay hall with colorado

Chobbersjnr
21-Jan-09, 21:17
haha good to watch them back in the day, didn't realise the steel chappy sang the lead as well though.......

good to see Geordie & Dado in a younger form, Geordie just needs some more filler these days.

I played with them for a while & the craic was good aye albeit not really my scene, line dancing & people dressed as cowboys & indians:roll: double take at 1st I'm afraid. Good fun though

some of the other videos are pretty cools as well.

Deemac
21-Jan-09, 22:13
Chobbers, I've seen you dressed as a cowboy many a time, with all your boots and hats!! Anyway isn't the hobbits dance just like linedancing? ;-)))

Mystical Potato Head
21-Jan-09, 22:22
I was invited to play at a private party with Geordie's sons, Kevin and Trevor, just before Christmas. Not the kind of stuff I play everyday, but it was a good laugh, and I heard some interesting stories from the past.

Lyle

hotrod4
24-Jan-09, 09:38
Chobbers, I've seen you dressed as a cowboy many a time, with all your boots and hats!! Anyway isn't the hobbits dance just like linedancing? ;-)))
I hope you are not going to mention his secret webpage are you?
www.chobbersdoesparisinthelighthouse.com :eek:
I would never post that link[lol]