PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland France

Dorrie
20-Jan-09, 15:36
Hi, I am thinking of taking my grandchildren to Disney land in France.

Has anyone been? What did they think of it?

Any information would be appreciated.

Alice in Blunderland
20-Jan-09, 15:56
My kids loved it.:D

We went for five days to Davey Crocket ranch and it was excellent. We will definately go back. It was all in all very reasonable in price in fact cheaper than Alton Towers.

We flew Glasgow to France hired a car and drove. :lol: Husband wasnt that good at the driving bitty but we didnt get too lost.

We also timed it so that the other schools were not on holiday so the queues werent an issue :D

young_fishin_neep
20-Jan-09, 19:33
i went a few years back now, i loved it, my grandparents took me, they still have a video of me there, i would defo recomend taking the grandchildren they will lvoe it

xxx

wifie
20-Jan-09, 23:01
We went six years ago in November and it was super. I am not a fan of such parks and even I enjoyed it. We stayed at the Newport Bay Club and it was lovely. The park food was rubbish but the hotel food was great. Breakfast was a buffet and the eveing meals were of a high standard with lovely french wine and of course children were extremely welcome and well catered for. Everything was very Disney - clean and shiny! My children were 2 and 4 at the time and they had a ball!

We flew to Paris and got the shuttle bus to the hotel which was very handy as we only stayed 3 nights.

balto
20-Jan-09, 23:03
would love to take my kids there, before the oldest one gets much bigger, just the price issue at the moment.

flyfifer
20-Jan-09, 23:50
Kids under 12 go free at the moment!!

purplelady
21-Jan-09, 00:08
I was there with my son about 7 yrs ago and it was great hoping to go back this yr we went eurostar which was great too as it stopped at the park i would highly recomend it x

Dorrie
21-Jan-09, 14:03
Thanks for all the answers, we may well go in light of all the replies. My next question is:

Is 12 years old - too old for a boy?

Alice in Blunderland
21-Jan-09, 15:30
No way is twelve too old for a boy. :)

There is so much for them to do if some of the things aimed at the younger kids dont suit then he will just stick to the big boy stuff. My forty year old boy :eek: loved his week there and so did the kids. :lol:

Dorrie
21-Jan-09, 15:42
No way is twelve too old for a boy. :)

There is so much for them to do if some of the things aimed at the younger kids dont suit then he will just stick to the big boy stuff. My forty year old boy :eek: loved his week there and so did the kids. :lol:

lol

My OH is dreading it. He doesn't like theme parks or fairs or anything like that - all for too commercial for him.

I may bite the bullet and take them on my own.

wifie
21-Jan-09, 17:48
Dorrie tell him to give it a go! I don't like things like that but honestly it was fine!

Calvin And Hobbes
21-Jan-09, 18:45
Hello

Myself, OH and our two girls were there in 2007 and we all absolutely loved it!!!!!:lol:

So much so - we have just picked up some brochures for going away again this year.

My husband had loads of fun on all of the "bigger" rides - me and the girls spent 5 days spining around in Alice in Wonderlands teacups!!!!!:lol:

purplelady
22-Jan-09, 00:43
well my son will be 13 this year and am thinking of taking him again xxxxxx