PDA

View Full Version : Lpg fitter and plumber required

Londoner
19-Jan-09, 19:56
Hi all need a Lpg fitter and plumber to do new install of central heating system boiler, hot water storage and all control's, any one recommend someone whom they have used,

work can fit around them as i am in all hour's

Cheers orger's

Londoner

catran
19-Jan-09, 20:29
James Mc Cauchey, Heat Centre, Wick excellent service and they know their stuff. Look up Heat Centre in phone book. very obliging and reasonably priced for an excellent job.

roadrunner8519
19-Jan-09, 22:38
simpson & oag by far would be your better option

couldnt come more highly recomended

they do this kind of work regulary and experanced enuff to know what they are doing

igglepiggle
19-Jan-09, 23:21
i would stay clear from simpson and oag, we have had nothing but problems with ours

Billy Boy
19-Jan-09, 23:26
If i was you i wouldnt get simpson & oag, they twice failed to turn up to service my lpg boiler,And what made it worse i took 2 days of my work just to sit in the house waiting for them not to turn up :mad:
Not even a phone call to explain,nothing, when i phoned to complain i got nothing but empty excuses. SO BE WARNED!!

ABC
19-Jan-09, 23:30
Wuld have to disagree with the above We have always used simpson & oag and had a perfect service from them.

Billy Boy
19-Jan-09, 23:38
Wuld have to disagree with the above We have always used simpson & oag and had a perfect service from them.

So if you disagree with what i say,how do you explain what happend to me? Was i just unlucky they didnt bother to turn up:confused A one off or in my case a 2 off.
Or were you just lucky, you got them on a good day?

roadrunner8519
20-Jan-09, 00:51
for what i know of simpson & oag the work all over the highlands in caithness and sutherland and if they say there gonna be in a place at a time most of the time they are there, if not theres a good reason for it like if they get a number of emergency call outs in a short space of time. i would think it would be imposable to keep a "appointment" if this was happening

the only kind of people who complain about not turning up at a set time are... you know :lol: and dont understand a business like simpson oag are on high demand and cant be everywhere at once
same as any other trade

ive had simpson & oag in my house repairing problems and servicing the boiler many times and cant fault them at all

100% reliable and professional

as for a heating system not being 100% any1 with a bit of since would know that some heating systems take time to iron out any problems and fault
you cant really blame a plumber for bad work if the boiler is a heap of...

Billy Boy
20-Jan-09, 15:41
for what i know of simpson & oag the work all over the highlands in caithness and sutherland and if they say there gonna be in a place at a time most of the time they are there, if not theres a good reason for it like if they get a number of emergency call outs in a short space of time. i would think it would be imposable to keep a "appointment" if this was happening

the only kind of people who complain about not turning up at a set time are... you know :lol: and dont understand a business like simpson oag are on high demand and cant be everywhere at once
same as any other trade

ive had simpson & oag in my house repairing problems and servicing the boiler many times and cant fault them at all

100% reliable and professional

as for a heating system not being 100% any1 with a bit of since would know that some heating systems take time to iron out any problems and fault
you cant really blame a plumber for bad work if the boiler is a heap of...

Surely even if there is an emergency call it wouldnt be to difficult to call the person you are letting down to let them know, so that they arent hanging about waiting all day for someone who knows they arent going to turn up, Surley it would be better for business than ignoring them.
Or this the best excuse you can come up with for poor business practise from simpson & oag for having me wait in for 2 days with no contact from them what so ever, or do you just want to by pass that bit, maybe its just that you have strong connections with simpson & oag as your post is all about making excuss's for them.
If they cant guarentee to supply a service, they shouldnt make firm appointments

If the shoe was on the other foot and you took 2 days off work only to be messed about i'm sure you would be more than happy to still make their excusses for them.;)

as for your last statement I can see no relivence between it and the point of the thread.

roadrunner8519
20-Jan-09, 19:06
servicing a boiler isnt a high prioraty of job, its no exactly gonna break done then next day if its no done. as for no turning up after 2 days im guessing you were calling them complaining that no1 turned up? :roll:

i have very little connection to simpson & oag but your bad mouthing a business that you know nothin about so... and im not making any exusses for simpson and oag just pointing out the facts how it works. which you clearly know nothin about

if they didnt turn up at my house after 2 days id get on to them and ask when can they do it, reminding them im waiting instead of comming on caithness.org bad mouthing them cause they didnt turn up to do service a boiler like wee....childish

the point of the thread is for some1 to be lookin for a plumber which ive recomended 1 and youve bad mouthed ever since from a bad experance with them probably on a busy week

i know from experance for this size of job and work involved simpson & oag is more than experanced, capable and experance enuff to do this work. im sure theres 100s of people that would agree :Razz

Billy Boy
20-Jan-09, 19:37
If i was you i wouldnt get simpson & oag, they twice failed to turn up to service my lpg boiler,And what made it worse i took 2 days of my work just to sit in the house waiting for them not to turn up :mad:
Not even a phone call to explain,nothing, when i phoned to complain i got nothing but empty excuses. SO BE WARNED!!

i have very little connection to simpson & oag but your bad mouthing a business that you know nothin about so... and im not making any exusses for simpson and oag just pointing out the facts how it works. which you clearly know nothin about

How exactly do you call that bad mouthing? Lol it's called telling the "truth" Which clearly you know nothing about :Razz
Londoner started this thread for someone to recommend a plumber, all i did was tell them of my experence.
Clearly you do have a connection or you wouldnt be so single minded in makeing excuses for them. the fact of the matter is they delivered a poor service and there for brought it on thereselves

roadrunner8519
20-Jan-09, 22:17
your a joke billy boy, you have 1 experience of them and thats it.
as ive already said ive used the services of simpson & oag many times and never let me down which makes you a unreliable source in the subject

and the truth is your on here bad mouthing businesses that you clearly know nothing about.
do you even know how to run a business?
by the sound of it no :Razz

and if you wanted to be contacted to let you know that they couldnt make you should of told them to let you know if the couldnt and they would... your mistake

Billy Boy
20-Jan-09, 23:11
your a joke billy boy, you have 1 experience of them and thats it.
as ive already said ive used the services of simpson & oag many times and never let me down which makes you a unreliable source in the subject

and the truth is your on here bad mouthing businesses that you clearly know nothing about.
do you even know how to run a business?
by the sound of it no

and if you wanted to be contacted to let you know that they couldnt make you should of told them to let you know if the couldnt and they would... your mistake

theres only one joker here "YOU" lol[lol]

So if you book a company to come out and service your boiler,you have to tell them to get in touch with you if they cant make it? if you dont,they take it for granted you will know this :eek: get a grip lol

And i know by that remark you have no clue how to run a business yourself and i bet if you do run one, your the type that will just not bother turning up either[evil]

newmonic
20-Jan-09, 23:33
I would recommend the heat centre in wick. Good service allround.

roadrunner8519
20-Jan-09, 23:55
bla bla bla

you bore me now lol

if you dont give people instructions in what you want it wont get done
if you dont give instruction that you would want to know this no1 will you, then you have to find out yourself...

BTW i do run my own business and costumers are told of plans made for around the work thats need to be done and told of any changes ( i usually know a day or 2 before hand, but its completely different with every business)

i know 1 thing if i didnt turn up for a job for 1 reason or another and the costumer calls up complaining, unreasonable and imposable, i just would do the job cause there obviously gonna be a nightmare to work for all was complaining ect then asking for money off or not paying at all... i have the experience to know this and by what youv said i can presume your 1 of the snobs that would complain and be unreasonable like you are now :Razz

have a bit of common courtesy and Patience for business providing services cause they work hard and have a heavy work load

Billy Boy
21-Jan-09, 00:13
So i'm a snob because i took 2 days off work for a company that couldnt be bothered to turn up or even notify me that they werent coming to do the job they said they would do :lol:

If you read back to your own posts lol, you are the one who says that they wont turn up for a small job even if they have previously arranged to, if a big job or an emergency turns up & they shouldnt have to let you know, That to me is very poor business, fair enough if an emergency turns up for them, but common courtesy costs nothing.
As for me supposedly bad mouthing them i have no need to you are doing a very good job of that yourself :roll:

Lets hope i never have to come into contact with you to do any business as going by the way you conduct yourself in this thread customer relations is not your strong point. :roll:

roadrunner8519
21-Jan-09, 01:16
(edited because of language)

so you took 2 days off your work, its no the end of the world [lol]

i would think simpson & oag have plenty to do without calling round there next customers telling there held up on a job without asking them to tell you

as for me im 100% professional and honest with ever customer and potential customer and every business has awkward customers from the beginning right up to trying to find faults and reasons not to pay wasting everybodys time

enuff said on the matter i think!
think billy boy is making a big deal out of nothin and spamming this thread not being any help at all
if your no happy with them go somewhere else and stop living in the past :lol:
BTW who did you get to service your beloved boiler?
maybe some help in helping londener finding some1!
[lol]

Billy Boy
21-Jan-09, 16:11
[quote=roadrunner8519;487136]
i would think simpson & oag have plenty to do without calling round there next customers telling there held up on a job without asking them to tell you

That comment says it all, Its their customers who keep them in business or have you not worked that one out yet

As i said all you are doing is making excuses for them and pretty poor ones at that lol:roll: Taking 2 days off work isnt the end of the world but why should i waste my time on a company that think so little of there customers [disgust] i certainly wouldnt recommend them to anyone

roadrunner8519
21-Jan-09, 17:15
jesus

you clearly dont understand how many customers they have with what 4 plumbers working?
theyd have to employ some1 to tell every customer every update on the plumber there waiting on which is stupid, theyd be there when there there its not there fault if theres hold ups :roll:

i dont know any1 that would do that

snobby customers need to learn if theres hold up on a job ect like say on a money and they dont get through there days work mean there working a day behind theyr planned week, the same thing could happen the next day and make them 2 days behind ect ect ect then hope to hell they have it all done by friday night

the best thing to do is you either leave it with them to do when they can or get somewhere else to do it
who did you get to service your beloved boiler again? lol

customers are everything to every business but cant keep ever snob happy [lol]

(edited for namecalling)

Murdina Bug
21-Jan-09, 17:49
I'm trying to bite my toungue - no, it's no use - I have to jump in....

Billy Boy - I'm with you. I would be hacked off taking 2 days precious leave off only for no-one to turn up without an explanation. Quite why anyone else would think that wasn't a justifiable complaint is beyond me.

Billy Boy
21-Jan-09, 18:09
I'm trying to bite my toungue - no, it's no use - I have to jump in....

Billy Boy - I'm with you. I would be hacked off taking 2 days precious leave off only for no-one to turn up without an explanation. Quite why anyone else would think that wasn't a justifiable complaint is beyond me.

I would imagine most folk would be hacked off wasting their time waiting for folk who have no intention of turning up, I didnt complain i just called & asked when they would be as i was having to take time of work when they didnt show the 2nd day i took my business elsewhere, i have no intention of chasing companies to give them my money i would rather give it to the company that does what they say they will do & that is turn up on the day expected.
The only person who would or could try to justify a complaint would be an employee of the company or the owner themself[disgust]

highlander
21-Jan-09, 18:25
Roadrunner you say you are a person who runs thier own buisness, well i think you best think before you type, as you sent me a slanderous private message. A person on another thread asked to recommened a builder, i pmed you the name of john munro joinery buisness by mistake. Your reply i got back from you was "John Munro is a crook wouldnt go near him, been told many story about his methods of getting work and is trying to buy or put every trade out of buisness in Thurso", im not going to get into a slanging match with you but i think its bad news for one to own a buisness and to spread slanderous lies about a man who is employing many men in caithness, maybe its soor grapes that they are getting plenty of work as they have a different approach to thier customers.

roadrunner8519
21-Jan-09, 18:35
ive never lied yet

hahahahahaha

btw id agree with you if you were waiting a week for them to turn up but 2 days no way [lol]
thats nothin to go to extent that you have in writting them like that

highlander i take it you work for mr munro and not 1 of the many business affected by him taking over the county in such a small space of time? [lol]

highlander
21-Jan-09, 18:39
No i dont work for mr Munro but one thing i will say you are doing simpson and oag no favours with your ranting, keep digging, your making that hole bigger and bigger for yourself. lol

poppett
21-Jan-09, 19:12
Have had experience of a plumbing job which was to take five days........ ok we are in Caithness, on a different timescale to the rest of the world, but it stretched on for five weeks! Luckily someone was at home all the time but if I had to take annual leave and got left in the lurch I would be annoyed too. Politeness costs nothing, so a call to explain the delay should be the norm I think.

Billy Boy
21-Jan-09, 19:38
Roadrunner you say you are a person who runs thier own buisness, well i think you best think before you type, as you sent me a slanderous private message. A person on another thread asked to recommened a builder, i pmed you the name of john munro joinery buisness by mistake. Your reply i got back from you was "John Munro is a crook wouldnt go near him, been told many story about his methods of getting work and is trying to buy or put every trade out of buisness in Thurso", im not going to get into a slanging match with you but i think its bad news for one to own a buisness and to spread slanderous lies about a man who is employing many men in caithness, maybe its soor grapes that they are getting plenty of work as they have a different approach to thier customers.

So much for telling others not to bad mouth business's, double standards me thinks.........Looks like a case of Pot, Kettle, Black dont you think Highlander.
I think your right to lol that with each post that hole is getting bigger & bigger:roll:

catran
22-Jan-09, 01:07
Well i have heard it all now...........I cannot let this pass without comment........I would really be so annoyed if I had to take two days of my precious holidays for a firm not to turn up when they said they would. Nothing snobbish about that but if one does not get a lot of holidays, well what can one say????

I did recommend the Heat Centre as they installed a new central heating system for us and they came on time and carried on until the job e=was completed. No mess, no fuss and very very professional. They know their job and technically away ahead of other companies. Not forgetting to mention the fACT their invoice was as stated on the quotation before they started the job.

We hadctrical company in for a rewiring jobbie and hado to wait for almost nine months for the invoice and it was a lot more than the estimate therefore I would suggest that one has to really shop around these days tl rewir

22-Jan-09, 03:11
Please refrain from swearing and turning this thread into a personal slagging match.

scorpion
26-Jan-09, 22:54
Hi Roadrunner ,that statement made by you in your private message to Highlander appears to be libellous ,so unless there is proof to back it up ,i think a public apology to Mr Munro would be in order !

simple338
27-Jan-09, 13:21
Have you tried Highland Plumbing? tel: 01955 602746

sam
27-Jan-09, 17:16
Hi Roadrunner ,that statement made by you in your private message to Highlander appears to be libellous ,so unless there is proof to back it up ,i think a public apology to Mr Munro would be in order !

I agree with you on that one Scorpion and he didnt exactly do Simpson and Oag any favours either :mad:

morvenhighlands
27-Jan-09, 19:49

Roadrunner's conduct is truly disgraceful. In times unfortunately long gone, a man with the diligent work ethic and initiative required to build a business to the extent of employing 36 people, would be considered a pillar of the community and respected accordingly. The all too common modern day attitude is clearly evident in Roadrunner; a bitter and warped jealousy that has spurred him to make pathetic and outlandish, not to mention cowardly, claims about a man he has most likely never met.
To Roadrunner I say, Mr Munro lives at Quarryedge, Weydale, Thurso and is contactable on 07785726506. It's highly unlikely you have the strength of character to make your moronic statements directly to Mr Munro in which case I forcefully suggest you check your clearly libellous antics.

Billy Boy
05-Feb-09, 21:16
ive never lied yet

hahahahahaha

btw id agree with you if you were waiting a week for them to turn up but 2 days no way [lol]
thats nothin to go to extent that you have in writting them like that

highlander i take it you work for mr munro and not 1 of the many business affected by him taking over the county in such a small space of time? [lol]

Cat got your tongue lol :confused