PDA

View Full Version : What is it called?

catnip
19-Jan-09, 16:41
Hi, does anybody know what the name of the place is beside the SECC is it a Holiday Express, Inn or Travel Lodge and the name of the street it is on? I am not meaning the City Inn (it too dear)

Many thanks!

dragonfly
19-Jan-09, 16:47
not sure about travel inn etc but we have used the Campenile before, just beside SECC and we got triple room for April this year for £49 - food expensive tho!

ter21wat
19-Jan-09, 16:48
Hi there,

I think you mean the Crowne Plaza, Its actually connected to the SECC via a walkway.

Hope that helps :)

SunsetSong
19-Jan-09, 17:55
It is the Crowne Plaza....very convenient if you are going to something at the SECC but as per the previous recommendation...for a short walk across the car park from the SECC would recommend the Campernile...very reasonably priced and if you are only going for a night or two then its grand. Have stayed there a few times when going to concerts...not huge rooms but fine just as a base for the night...breakfast isn't too bad either and I know alot of other people from the North that have used it. In fact last time we stayed there of the 4 tables in use in the dining room for breakfast 3 were being used by people from Caithness!! And we met another couple in the lobby!!

catnip
19-Jan-09, 21:12
Thanks all,but I am sure there is a travel holiday inn or express up the road near the big white flats that have balconies. Just needing somewhere cheap and cheerful.

purplelady
19-Jan-09, 22:06
there is a holiday inn but if you google hotels near secc glasgow you will get a lot up hope this helpsx

joxville
19-Jan-09, 23:23
There is a Travelodge about 5 mins walk, on Paisley Rd. West on the south side of the river, close to the Kingston Bridge. There's also a Harry Ramsden's close by if your hungry. Diagonally opposite on the north side of the bridge there is a Hilton Express/Inn. There is a few small independant hotels/guest houses close to the SECC but suppose a web search on Glasgow area may help more.