PDA

View Full Version : 7 - 8 Billion Pond Losses for RBS

Kodiak
19-Jan-09, 14:35
Shhesh, it is getting worse. The RBS is now 70% owend by the Government as they are dailing them out again as they have announced losses of 7 to 8 Billion Pounds.

I am at a Loss to see where they keep on getting all this money from.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7836782.stm

garrioch
19-Jan-09, 14:38
nice to see the bbc writing look at the poor old scots bank story, they are forgetting if was founded by an english queen as direct competion to the bank of scotland, technically making it an english bank lol

Gizmo
19-Jan-09, 14:46
Shhesh, it is getting worse. The RBS is now 70% owend by the Government as they are dailing them out again as they have announced losses of 7 to 8 Billion Pounds.

I am at a Loss to see where they keep on getting all this money from.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7836782.stm

Shhesh exactly, that's a lot of ponds lost, do you know how many fish were lost with them:lol: :p

Kodiak
19-Jan-09, 14:52
Shhesh exactly, that's a lot of ponds lost, do you know how many fish were lost with them:lol: :p

OK OK I missed the "U" out, with bad typing this is not unusual :D

sandyr
19-Jan-09, 16:03
I was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida last year and saw numerous RBS signs on the tall skyscrapers. When I returned to Canada I made some enquiries and found that the RBS was buying quite a number of Banks and Brokerage houses in The States.
Was there a method in the United States selling their not so profitable Units to whomever would buy.....as they knew this downturn was on it's way????? But now you say that the UK Gov't owns a big chunk!
Kinda makes one wonder!!! Perhaps spreading the potential collapse around.

Kenn
19-Jan-09, 16:21
Kodiak , where the money is coming from is an easy question to answer, the government is borrowing against future revenues which means that even my great grandchildren will be shouldering the debt.
What infuriates me about the whole matter is that the writing has been on the wall for many years and if the powers to be had reigned in the banks when they should have, most
of the current financial crisis could have been avoided.
If a private business had conducted itself in the same manner as the banks they would have been out of business and out of their jobs with no bonuses or payoffs.

Mizpah
19-Jan-09, 16:26
Kodiak , where the money is coming from is an easy question to answer, the government is borrowing against future revenues which means that even my great grandchildren will be shouldering the debt.
What infuriates me about the whole matter is that the writing has been on the wall for many years and if the powers to be had reigned in the banks when they should have, most
of the current financial crisis could have been avoided.
If a private business had conducted itself in the same manner as the banks they would have been out of business and out of their jobs with no bonuses or payoffs.

I think you forgot to add on Gordon Brown and Co. too as I think they are more at fault than anyone.