PDA

View Full Version : A County Flag?

MrsK
19-Jan-09, 14:33
Why hasn't Caithness got it's own County flag?

Many other areas of the British Isles are helping to promote themselves by creating their own identity, so has anyone in Caithness ever tried a promotion to come up with our own flag?

Any suggestions?

And please, no rantings about Independence or the Union. It's about a County flag. Not British politics.

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Jan-09, 14:47
What would you put on it - a windmill?

MadPict
19-Jan-09, 14:48
Suggestions when this question has been asked before can be found -
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=11037
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=50045

:)

ter21wat
19-Jan-09, 15:00
I think Caithness should have its own flag, as you say many other counties do. Im originally from shetland and we have our own flag which is usually flown at the town hall, the sports centre and some of the hotels. It is also used for sporting events such as the Inter County against Orkney and the Island Games where it is usually incorporated in the team kit ie, on t-shirts and jumpers etc.

A9RUNNER
19-Jan-09, 15:24
What a fantastic idea! If someone were to design a flag how do such things become official or registered. As to what could be put on it how about a part of the artwork carved on the ulbster stone. One of the pictish animals for instance.

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Jan-09, 15:26
If a Johnston's pie doesn't adorn it, then it's not worth doing.

youoldduffer
19-Jan-09, 17:29
Bet there will be a herring in flag design

anneoctober
19-Jan-09, 17:40
Bet there will be a herring in flag design
Not a red one I hope.........[lol]

Amy-Winehouse
19-Jan-09, 18:34
How about a black & white flag with a hint of red in it? You could have a windmill on one side & e dounreay dome on the other- then we could make the flag illuminous:Razz

Bad Manners
19-Jan-09, 18:38
I think a County flag would be a good idea if enough people express an interest then maybe someone could find out how this is achived

Kevin Milkins
19-Jan-09, 18:52
I thought Caithness had a flag once and it blew away.;)

Kenn
19-Jan-09, 20:10
He he Kevin!.......................................

Bazeye
19-Jan-09, 20:34
A Caithness flag? How appropriate for the Caithness flagstone industry.