PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Seed Dynsaty

ShelleyCowie
19-Jan-09, 11:24
Hi all,

Not sure if this is in the right bit but mods just tell me if it is wrong ;)

Was wondering if there are any Gundam fans on here? I have only ever met a few people who have heard of "Gundam"

For those of you who dont know it is a Japaneses cartoon. But it has to be the best cartoon i have ever seen! Not exactly like Tom and Jerry, its probably aimed more to teens - adults because of the way you need to understand it.

When i heard about it i was not keen on watching, but when i did watch it i wanted to see more!! There was 50 episodes made of the Gundam Seed Dynasty. It was so touching, dramatic. Actually made me cry! Its about best friends who have to choose to come together in a war or kill each other. (Obviously ALOT more to it)
Dont want to say spoilers incase anybody wants to watch it for themselves.

There are some movies made from Gundam but i still far prefer the Dynasty episodes.

I actually loved Gundam so much i named my son after a character there. The character in the cartoon was called Athrun Zala. So my son is called Athrun George Cowie.

I have attached a link to show you what a gundam is. (also known as a mobile suit) and i have several of these in my house, these are ones you can buy and build! (im waiting on another one) These mobile suits are what the characters fly and fight with.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GUNDAM-FIX-FIGURATION-METALCOMPOSITE-LIMITED-Zplus-BLUE_W0QQitemZ230319563779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_To ysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item23 0319563779&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Gizmo
19-Jan-09, 13:33
Ahh...i thought you were typing in a slurred drunken Caithnesian accent and saying you were 'going down the street this Saturday' :lol:

I used to be really into Jap Anime in the early 90's, had a whole bunch of videos, i really liked the 'Urotsukidoji (ur-oh-sook-eh-doh-jo) series of movies, very very adult orientated...and like most Jap Anime...completely bonkers :D

*Martin*
19-Jan-09, 13:44
No offence, but don't you worry that your son might get some stick when he's older because you chose to name him after a cartoon character? Do you call him Athryn or George?

Never really been impressed with anime in all honesty.

ShelleyCowie
19-Jan-09, 13:52
No offence, but don't you worry that your son might get some stick when he's older because you chose to name him after a cartoon character? Do you call him Athryn or George?

Never really been impressed with anime in all honesty.

No not worried at all! as i said its not just any normal cartoon!! And Athrun means Hero...thats what he is do me!! Does anybody pick on somebody if they are called Tom...or Jerry!! Nope!

Also Athrun is not the mobile suit, he is the character that flys the suit. His main one is called the Aegis.

We call him Athrun, not going to call him George if thats only his middle name!

Im not usually fussed on much anime myself but Gundam really grasped me!

garrioch
19-Jan-09, 14:18
Yeah i've seen a few gundams, my bro has got them all think ther about 8 or 9 diffrent series backically the msame story in a dirffrent way, if you like gundam then outlaw star might be something you would enjoy bit more mystical rather than politcal but got the same emotional and bonds of freindship thing going though that is pretty big in any anime, not so much in the hentia there gizmo lol, I still keep up with anime currently into bleach and naruto

ShelleyCowie
21-Jan-09, 23:18
Here is a picture of my Gundam which i just built yesterday! It is quite a basic one. its called The Aegis (A-Ye-Gis) This is called a standard grade, meaning its pretty easy to put together. I had to build the inside aswell as the outer armour! :D My next one is going to be a master grade which takes quite a bit more building, then a perfect grade which can take months to do!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2600/dsc00600ut8.jpg

Gizmo
21-Jan-09, 23:52
Here is a picture of my Gundam which i just built yesterday! It is quite a basic one. its called The Aegis (A-Ye-Gis) This is called a standard grade, meaning its pretty easy to put together. I had to build the inside aswell as the outer armour! :D My next one is going to be a master grade which takes quite a bit more building, then a perfect grade which can take months to do!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2600/dsc00600ut8.jpg

Shelley, have you ever been refered to as a Tom-boy before?..:lol:

Vistravi
22-Jan-09, 00:20
Never heard of Gundam before. Mite look on youtube to see what it's about;)

I love anime esp japanese anime:D absloultly loved Sailor moon as a child and still do. I've got all the five series and movies on dvd.

ShelleyCowie
22-Jan-09, 00:25
Shelley, have you ever been refered to as a Tom-boy before?..:lol:

Im a complete tomboy and such a geek its unreal! Lol! I blame ma OH tho cos i wasna a geek before! I have always been a tomboy tho! I HATE dresses! Wud rather wear my levellers t-shirt, baggy jeans and my Muse hoodie on my wedding day instead o a dress!!! :confused And its sad....but im serious!!!

Im just looking on ebay for another Gundam to do! but the one i want is £130! lol

But i would rather spend my money on models instead o anything bad!! :Razz And it keeps my mind busy! (when i shud be doing houseword) LOL!

ShelleyCowie
22-Jan-09, 00:34
Never heard of Gundam before. Mite look on youtube to see what it's about;)

I love anime esp japanese anime:D absloultly loved Sailor moon as a child and still do. I've got all the five series and movies on dvd.

Well if u are into Japanese Anime then Gundam may be for u! Lol! give it a bash...whats the worst that can happen eh?

garrioch
22-Jan-09, 14:26
you all might be intrested in a web site called curnchy roll completely legal even has the anime studios approval, basically watch any anime series you want unless it has a tv or dvd liceince outside of japan, so im afraid the huge ones from your past won't be there, but you can see what all the cool people in japan are watching right now, the free service is low quality but completly watch able and the pay service is high quality and has live streaming so you can watch some shows the same time they air live in japan.