PDA

View Full Version : The Waterfront

lildj
18-Jan-09, 21:27
I was tolled it is closed for refurbishment, and then I was tolled that It was closed down. What’s true? :confused

not been on a good night out in wick for a while :(

And if u think there is no point to this thread then don’t bother commenting on it ant they know who they are.[mad]

telfordstar
19-Jan-09, 00:18
Think it's just a refurb it's getting and a damn good clean to I hope.

celtic 302
19-Jan-09, 00:20
I read in the John O'Groat journal something about a problem with the lease. Can't remember the details.

telfordstar
19-Jan-09, 00:30
I read in the John O'Groat journal something about a problem with the lease. Can't remember the details.

That's the yard next door to waterfront.

lildj
19-Jan-09, 00:39
Think it's just a refurb it's getting and a damn good clean to I hope.

bowt time they did that with skinandis to!

celtic 302
19-Jan-09, 00:39
Righto. Didn't read it that closely... probably shows!

Julia
19-Jan-09, 00:53
I heard it's a refurb too, it's well overdue!

Only been in once or twice since smoking ban and gee what a stink, hope they put flooring down that can be washed, carpet isn't a good idea when folk who don't care have a drink

Venture
19-Jan-09, 00:59
I was tolled it is closed for refurbishment, and then I was tolled that It was closed down. What’s true?

not been on a good night out in wick for a while :(

And if u think there is no point to this thread then don’t bother commenting on it ant they know who they are.[mad]

Maybe you should try phoning up Jocky and asking him. You're bound to get the real story from him. ;)

lildj
19-Jan-09, 01:11
Maybe you should try phoning up Jocky and asking him. You're bound to get the real story from him. ;)

whos Jocky?

Kevin Milkins
19-Jan-09, 01:25
whos Jocky?

Lester Piggots big brother.;)

2little2late
19-Jan-09, 01:27
The Waterfront has closed down. One of the sons has moved back to Oz, and the other one has got a job offshore (allegedly). From a reliable source too. Think the refurb story was just a smoke screen.

ShelleyCowie
19-Jan-09, 01:34
I have never actually been in the Waterfront in Wick. So am not going to judge it.

But i am sure that we will all find out soon enough if it is actually closed or just being refurbished! :D

hotrod4
19-Jan-09, 06:56
The "official" line is its closed for 3 months for a refurb, BUt this being Caithness you know how stories will start!!!!;)
By the end of the week jocky will have been Kidnapped by Aliens and it will be turned into a "Matalan", "marks and Spencers" or something similar!!![lol]

Amy-Winehouse
19-Jan-09, 15:02
whos Jocky?

Jocky Sutherland is the gentleman that owns the Waterfront Nightclub - not
Lester Piggots brother. Lester Piggot is a retired former Horse Racing champion jockey - no relation or anything to do with Mr Sutherland.

Gizmo
19-Jan-09, 15:09
Jocky Sutherland is the gentleman that owns the Waterfront Nightclub - not
Lester Piggots brother. Lester Piggot is a retired former Horse Racing champion jockey - no relation or anything to do with Mr Sutherland.

:lol: I think that mut be the first time that Jocky Sutherland and Gentleman have been used in the same sentence :p

MrsK
19-Jan-09, 15:09
The Waterfront has closed down. One of the sons has moved back to Oz, and the other one has got a job offshore (allegedly). From a reliable source too. Think the refurb story was just a smoke screen.

Which is completely different to the 'reliable source' that told me they were closing for January because the trade was hardly worth opening for and Jocky wants all hands to the pumps at the new slaughterhouse in Keiss......

Ah, the Caithness rumour mill...don't you just love it.

AfternoonDelight
19-Jan-09, 15:16
Yes - I was thinking the same myself... :roll:

Kirdon
19-Jan-09, 15:23

And I believe neither of this 2 sons was the one that ran the Waterfront. But that could also be a smoke screen (I believe Jocky has at least 3 sons).

AfternoonDelight
19-Jan-09, 15:29
Four..........Three of them still in Wick.... :confused

AfternoonDelight
19-Jan-09, 15:31
Anyway - what the hell does it matter? If the official line is that it is closed for refurbishment then that is what is happening...

If it is going to close then there will be another official line soon enough...

Rumour...
Scandal...
Gossip...

Jeez. :roll:

2little2late
19-Jan-09, 16:05
By the end of the week jocky will have been Kidnapped by Aliens [lol]

Many a true word spoken in jest.

AfternoonDelight
19-Jan-09, 16:10
[lol]

Well I heard............ wait, no, I didn't..............

youoldduffer
19-Jan-09, 17:11
Four..........Three of them still in Wick.... :confused

And one has summit to do with the new slaughterhouse as he along with the manager were taking the interviews.

AfternoonDelight
19-Jan-09, 17:56
Correct.......

Amy-Winehouse
19-Jan-09, 18:37
Never mind all that rumour nonsense....... WHERE are the revellers going to go at 1am on a Sunday morning????????? Thats chucking out time for those who dont know(or care) We cana all fit in the Camps , so where? Thurso, mmmmmm:D

Gizmo
19-Jan-09, 18:40
Never mind all that rumour nonsense....... WHERE are the revellers going to go at 1am on a Sunday morning????????? Thats chucking out time for those who dont know(or care) We cana all fit in the Camps , so where? Thurso, mmmmmm:D

Back to yur hoose for a paaaaaartaaaaay!! :p

Amy-Winehouse
20-Jan-09, 00:22
Ha!! My house isnt that big Gizmo but I like where your coming from- bring a case or 2 of Bud & I might re-consider but dont take weazel as he`d break something

bettedaviseyes
20-Jan-09, 15:13
new owners have the waterfront now all the old staff were sacked my sisters friends mum works in there so she was telling us all about it

MrsK
20-Jan-09, 16:24
Well, I've just phoned Silver Darlings on 605472 (which is the office number for JW Sutherland). It sounded like Jocky himself on the phone, and, I quote:

" The Waterfont is closed for re-furbishment as it hasn't been done out in 16 years. We're hoping to re-open about March."

Now, wasn't that difficult to find out.[disgust]
Wouldn't it be better to deal in fact as opposed to brainless gossip?:roll:

Gizmo
20-Jan-09, 17:38
Wouldn't it be better to deal in fact as opposed to brainless gossip?:roll:

No no no..without brainless gossip we'd have nothing much to talk about :p