PDA

View Full Version : Scotland!!!!!

~~Tides~~
05-Feb-06, 18:07
Scotland 20 France 16

How good was that??!!! What a energetic and passionate game from a team that wanted to win! And what a start to the six nations, lets just hope they can keep up the momentium!

(And get up the french!!!)

scotsboy
05-Feb-06, 18:16
Unbelievable, according to the press we were wooden spooners before todays match. The French were the Championship favourites.

Doolally
05-Feb-06, 18:22
Makes a very pleasant, refreshing change. WAHHEYY.... bring on the English!!

Geo
05-Feb-06, 18:40
It was a fantastic game and what a result!

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 18:47
Better than a Jambo win that was!!!! Was rivetted to the tele (while trying to post on the org!) Well done lads - what a result - now - pack the stadium when we bring on the auld enemy!

rich62_uk
05-Feb-06, 18:50
Hypothetical Q

We move to Scotland from England and one of my sons is good enough in a few years time to play for his Country, as far as he is concerned he is Scottish, would he be playing for Scotland or England ? ....Trish

scotsboy
05-Feb-06, 18:56
Tricky question if he is English, Australian, South African, Kiwi and not good enough to play for any of those teams he would play for Scotland. Does that help?

garycs
05-Feb-06, 18:58
Hypothetical Q

We move to Scotland from England and one of my sons is good enough in a few years time to play for his Country, as far as he is concerned he is Scottish, would he be playing for Scotland or England ? ....Trish

Hi could play for either country, England by birth, Scotland by residency.

Brilliant performance, makes the £5 I put on Scotland for the Grand Slam look a bit less like 2 pints down the drain! Best try I've seen from a driven maul in many a year.

wickerinca
05-Feb-06, 19:15
Didn't see the game but thanks for the result!! Must have been great to watch!!:lol: :lol:

rich62_uk
05-Feb-06, 19:16
Thanks garycs :D

cuddlepop
05-Feb-06, 19:27
My sons father is from Australia,his gran is English,I.m Scottish so he has a choice of three,
Didnt want to watch it as we always lose when we watch.
Hopefully catch the highlights:D

~~Tides~~
05-Feb-06, 20:43
What were the bookies odds before/after?? Looks like a wee bet on Scotland wouldnt have been such a bad investment.

garycs
05-Feb-06, 21:22
willhill.com were offering 5.5/1 before kick-off, I know 'cos I got it! Had an inkling about Scotland since the All Blacks game back in Autumn, they started showing belief and confidence in themselves. Still lacking a bit of fluency in the back line, but Paterson is one of the best broken play runners in the game, with a bit more support they could make the breaks count more often. The forwards were awesome, England will be taking them very seriously; France didn't play badly they just battered into submission for the first 60 minutes.

The odds on the Grand Slam were 200/1 this morning, now only 25/1.

Whitewater
06-Feb-06, 10:59
It was great to see them play with confidence and pride again, that second try was something else, I can't recall in all the years I've followed rugby or in my young playing days ever seeing a ruck from the 22 that resulted in a try.

They will improve every game now and hopefully do well. Next week will be tough, Wales at home are a tough team no matter what England done to them at Twickers, and we underestimate the auld enemy at our peril, they are a mighty team with strength in depth. However, having said that I always remember the Grand Slam (I think it was about 1990) when David Sole was captain and Findlay Calder flanker, nobody, not even the very biased commentators expected us to win (I don't think Bill MacLaren was on that day). I always remember the comment "here comes Rory Underwood, the fastest winger in the world" and Colin Stanger went past him like a streak of light to collect the high ball and score the try for Scotland. The other memory I have from that game was the look of shock and disblief on Brian Moores face at the end of the match, I'm sure he still has not recovered from that game, he is always very bitter when asked about it.

Ahh, great stuff. Can we do it again ????

Whitewater
06-Feb-06, 11:22
Tut Tut !! I said ruck from the 22. The purists will soon pick me up on that, got carried away with the excitement !!! great push.

squidge
06-Feb-06, 11:31
i watched both the England and the scotland matches this weekend but the Scotland match was by far the most exciting - i LOVED it. It had me hold my breath at times

FANTASTIC