PDA

View Full Version : party problems for childen need help!

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 17:43
hi i am going to be having a tea party my little girl and about seven of her friends she going to be one, does anybody know how i should go abut it, u know food and things - where should i start?[para]

angela5
05-Feb-06, 17:51
hi i am going to be having a tea party my little girl and about seven of her friends she going to be one, does anybody know how i should go abut it, u know food and things - where should i start?[para]

Little sausages, sausage rolls, iced cakes, crisps, sandwiches, chocolate krispies, sweets.
I had a small party for my daughter she invited 6 friends we played some games and things, pass the parcel..the food looks great on paper plates you get some really nice decorated ones on www.partypieces.com (http://www.partypieces.com) ..
Have fun it's so easy to organize..and don't forget balloons kids love them.

valentine
05-Feb-06, 17:53
First of all please do not take offence about what I am about to say here, but did I read your post correctly - you want to do a tea party for your daughters first birthday? If this was right you must first bear in mind that the party will be of no interest to anyone of the children only the parents. So bearing this is mind the best thing to do would be to get a whole load of wine in for the adults a load of snacky things too is also good, and for the kids a great big blanket on the floor with a load of toys and biscuits and wahat do you know everyone is happy especially the mums!:evil

angela5
05-Feb-06, 17:55
First of all please do not take offence about what I am about to say here, but did I read your post correctly - you want to do a tea party for your daughters first birthday? If this was right you must first bear in mind that the party will be of no interest to anyone of the children only the parents. So bearing this is mind the best thing to do would be to get a whole load of wine in for the adults a load of snacky things too is also good, and for the kids a great big blanket on the floor with a load of toys and biscuits and wahat do you know everyone is happy especially the mums!:evil

I read that wrong then i thought she said 7 year old..a 1 year old then thats different you don't want to be going to lots of expense..some crisps and juice should do and i agree with Valentine plenty wine for the mums:o)

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 17:56
ok thanx that was a big help. theres gunna be small children there two any ideas

angela5
05-Feb-06, 17:59
ok thanx that was a big help. theres gunna be small children there two any ideas

If there all as small as 1 year old then as valentine said put a blanket down and a few toys..not much else their interested in.

valentine
05-Feb-06, 18:01
well the first thing that comes to mind is ear plugs and dummies but failing that stick em all infront of the telly! sorry its been a long week and my humour is very off beat!

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 18:02
ok thanx that was a big help. theres gunna be small children there two any ideasDo you mean smaller than a one year old?
:confused:

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 18:07
Yeah theres gunna be maybe two thats under one but they will be easily amused its the older ones that will be 5 and over no idea how to include them all so that they will have a good day. It seems that i am gunna have my hands full i know but i hope that it will be a good day

cuddlepop
05-Feb-06, 18:25
You could try pass the parcel,you no how kids love to rip things.I would put a sweet between wrappers,please dont go all pc on me but healthy eating is taken to extremes!
Hide the treasure is another one that will get the adults involved,you no wee easy clues or hot and cold,
If your happy and relaxed so will they be:)

badger
05-Feb-06, 20:16
If you want to stay sane I'd go easy on the sweets and junk food - instant hyperactivity and you'll have your hands full enough without them going crazy. Big cardboard boxes with holes cut out big enough to crawl in are great for little ones. Think you're very brave taking on that mix of ages - good luck and save a bottle of wine for yourself when it's all over :) , you'll need it.

brandy
05-Feb-06, 20:18
well ive two little boys 2 and one and have always given them parties *Grins*
i have a cake made for them.. whoever they are facinated by at the moment.. and buy a few gifts..
balloons are always well loved!
toddler friendly snacks a must!
plus finger foods and juice and wine..make sure to have non alc. drinks for the adults driving!
i always buy a small gift for all the chiildren that is going to be there... make up a little treat bag for them..
and if they have a sibling buy them a present and wrap it up .. so they do not feel left out.. nothing big just something they can unwrap.. *G*
for teh over 5's maybe pin the tail on the donkey... and pass the parcel.. ect.. just have toys out for the little ones..
hope that helps
oh and make sure camera is ready!
and loads of kitchen towels and wipes!

Alice in Blunderland
05-Feb-06, 22:07
Fill the room with balloons and let the kids go riot.My youngest two can be amused for hours playing with balloons,cheap and simple, okay when they go pop you have a few tears but not for long as there are so many of them.Another idea would be a ball pit loads of fun but if you dont have one an expense that you could maybe do without unless you can borrow one.

the original ducky
05-Feb-06, 22:37
Thanks everyone, its a big help. im gunna have my hands full, have added ballons and wine to the list thanks every much. wont need the gym that day ha ha.:o

cezzy1234
06-Feb-06, 16:54
hi i had mine in the drill hall in Castletown i think all the halls rent out and i also got a phone no off someone in thurso for a disco man he was verry good all you have do do is supply food and decorations and plates that would make them happy