PDA

View Full Version : lost looking grey kitten

princess1&2
18-Jan-09, 18:43
Hi Everyone, just hoping someone owns or knows anyone that owns a grey kitten around Argyle square/DEmpster street, have seen him for the past week miaowing his poor little heart every night at 7 as we walk the dog, he always tries to follow us home which breaks my daughters heart as she thinks he's all alone.So i promised her i'd post a msg here to ask if anyone knows of him. Thanks x

binbob
18-Jan-09, 18:53
poor wee mite..can u take him in or let cats protection know,he might be starving...please let us know.:(

princess1&2
18-Jan-09, 19:04
hi binbob, yup we have taken him some chicken and ham just to
distract him from following us and getting lost :~( ,unfortunately there's no way i could take him in but if he's there tonight i'll phone cat protection in the morning, just worried he's someone's pet who doesn't enjoy going out for his bed-time stroll .

binbob
18-Jan-09, 23:57
hi binbob, yup we have taken him some chicken and ham just to
distract him from following us and getting lost :~( ,unfortunately there's no way i could take him in but if he's there tonight i'll phone cat protection in the morning, just worried he's someone's pet who doesn't enjoy going out for his bed-time stroll .

that was kind of u...i hope his owner does take him in..i am sure cat protection would help him.well done.hope ur daughter is happier..i was the same as a child and just get worse!!:D

teenybash
19-Jan-09, 00:28
How kind of you to feed the little kitty.... hopefully someone will give him a little bit of shelter, even in a garden shed till he finds his owner or better still a new one....he sounds very lost and alone....poor little soul.:~(

princess1&2
19-Jan-09, 10:42
Hi can anyone give me the number for cat protection? Poor puss was there again last night :~(. He is always around the same place which makes me think he does live near there but i don't really know anything about cats! Gorgeous little thing.Thanks

binbob
19-Jan-09, 10:51
hi..no.is 0845 371 4317 please let us know what happens...and thank u for taking time to do this.;)

AfternoonDelight
21-Jan-09, 12:07
Ok update on the little cat... I went up a couple of nights to see if I could see it but it wasn't around. Then last night I got a phonecall from hibeechick to say it was there and they were keeping an eye on it until I got there so I turned off the oven and dashed across town...

The little puss was indeed there and seemed very timid but it was taking titbits of food. It refused to come any closer though so I couldn't get a proper look at it.

Firstly though - I don't think it is a young kitten, it's more likely it's a small cat. It doesn't seem starved, it's not scraggy and it wasn't gulping down the food, although it did eat a little.

I made a couple of door to door enquiries and nobody seemed to know who it belonged to, although one of the neighbours seemed to think it was a wild cat living in one of the derelict buildings round the back of the church.

There's not really much more we can do... It's not been reported as missing and it does look quite healthy....

Thanks everyone for their concern - I have the neighbours keeping an eye on it and I will go up myself at nights to see it. If the situation develops or I am able to catch it I will let you know! :)

Oh - then I remembered I had left the bath running! And the house was empty - oops! :roll:

binbob
21-Jan-09, 14:08
thank u for doing that...would really like to know what happens...well done .;)

teenybash
21-Jan-09, 14:15
Nice to hear the little pussycat is doing okay and not a starving little soul.....would be nice if he/she found a proper cosy home.............:)

AfternoonDelight
21-Jan-09, 14:37
I know, it's a shame, but if the wee cat has been fending for itself for a while it probably won't settle in a house now.... :(

Hibeechick
21-Jan-09, 14:42
I wish I was able to take it in. Dont think the budgie or the hamster would be too impressed though! Would be fun trying to catch it..it could fairly scamper! ( ooh that could be its new name! )

It went of hiding last night, so it must have somewhere to shelter if not id imagine it would be in a bad state.

Poor wee thing :(

Jinty
21-Jan-09, 19:07
I now have the kitten in my back garden. He was sitting on my window when I got home tonight. Ring me on 609006 if hes yours. Thanks

Jinty
26-Jan-09, 13:15
Im delighted to say that the kitten has now found a new home and is with people who will look after him.

teenybash
26-Jan-09, 13:43
So glad for the little grey kitten....he will be warm and cosy now....nice there are kind people in this world giving a nice happy ending to this tale.:)

binbob
26-Jan-09, 15:37
Im delighted to say that the kitten has now found a new home and is with people who will look after him.

oh..that is super...........thank u for doing that.well done..;)

balto
26-Jan-09, 16:15
delighted that the kitten/small cat has got a loving new home, it was a bit upsetting to think of this poor little thing living on its own.

Liz
26-Jan-09, 19:24
Aaaww that is brilliant news!:lol:

Well done to all of you who cared enough to help this wee soul.

purplelady
27-Jan-09, 00:36
aw am so pleased for the little mite xxxxxxxxx

Happy Rascal
27-Jan-09, 15:44
That is good news about the little kitten finding a loving home its good to know there are so many people who care.

princess1&2
27-Jan-09, 16:10
Hi absolutely delighted he's now got a new home, felt so bad for the little guy out there in the cold !well done for re-homing him so quickly! My little girl is delighted too although i think she hoped i would keep him for her!lol :Razz