PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Darlings

The Oracle
18-Jan-09, 17:12
I'm trying to find out the details of the title music of this film. Can anyone help please?

joxville
18-Jan-09, 17:17
Is this the one you mean:

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0039824/fullcredits#cast

Music by Clifton Parker:

http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0662155/

Hope this helps.

floyed
18-Jan-09, 19:46
Thought this was about The Silver Darlings in Wick:lol:

dirdyweeker
18-Jan-09, 19:50
So did I!:lol:

The Oracle
18-Jan-09, 21:23

Yes that's the one. But the film database does not list the title music, artist, etc.

I'm trying find out if the music is suitable for a small project, on this subject, I'm working on.

Amy-Winehouse
18-Jan-09, 23:56
Any idea where I could see that film, I ken that the Wick society used to play it during the gala week but I could never make the assembly rooms for one reason or another... Any Ideas?

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Jan-09, 02:13
Saw this on the cinema screen last year. Delightful wee film. The brief footage of the turnpike and St. Peter's Kirk are a sight to behold.

Kirdon
19-Jan-09, 14:56
Any idea where I could see that film, I ken that the Wick society used to play it during the gala week but I could never make the assembly rooms for one reason or another... Any Ideas?

Try contacting the Wick society as they are very helpful and some members even go around schools, groups etc showing films and photo's.

bothyman
19-Jan-09, 16:10
Don't know about that one but found this.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VEEdahzh9xA

Tighsonas4
19-Jan-09, 22:41
i wonder does anyone know the year that the first filming of the silver darlings was donne in wick, think the original was many years ago tony

bothyman
19-Jan-09, 23:14
i wonder does anyone know the year that the first filming of the silver darlings was donne in wick, think the original was many years ago tony

Don't know if is the right info but I found this

>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039824/

south view 7
19-Jan-09, 23:38
Hello Tony i thought i saw you in that film,"runnin thru eay hethur efter eay younge ean" if iss is rong mibby trix"l corectaed.

Fly
20-Jan-09, 00:36

"The Silver Darlings" was shown in the Pavilion in Wick in the late 40's, sorry I am not sure of the exact year.

Venture
20-Jan-09, 01:22
It was made in 1947.

iain
20-Jan-09, 01:28
Its on Amazon on dvd.

Tighsonas4
20-Jan-09, 11:53
thought so now does anyone know if locals were used to make up the cast.only used to make up a crowd
seem to mind they went to the station to see if they could get in on it lol[stars for a day ] tony ps station hotel

Tighsonas4
20-Jan-09, 13:54
Hello Tony i thought i saw you in that film,"runnin thru eay hethur efter eay younge ean" if iss is rong mibby trix"l corectaed.
thats my kiddie to correct it lol know it had a showing in e pavilion but dont think i was at it[canna mind] but seem to recollect a lot of fowlk taken at a braehead somewhere stars for a day [lol] they maybe got paid for it tony

south view 7
20-Jan-09, 21:53
thats my kiddie to correct it lol know it had a showing in e pavilion but dont think i was at it[canna mind] but seem to recollect a lot of fowlk taken at a braehead somewhere stars for a day [lol] they maybe got paid for it tony
I Tony do ye no mind coomee in it playing the pipes,ive got a copy of it ,i will take it over to you and you and OH can have a night at the pictures,but you will have to supply your own butterkist & ice cream.

Tighsonas4
20-Jan-09, 22:40
yes south view 7 funnily enough i was going to ask if anyone minds cummie playing the pipes but couldna mind was it at e pictures or was he in the cast lol tony [lol]

The Oracle
24-Jan-09, 23:36
I'm trying to find out the details of the title music of this film. Can anyone help please?

I got a loan of the film last night and was quite impressed. It was well worth watching. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Tighsonas4
25-Jan-09, 20:03
I Tony do ye no mind coomee in it playing the pipes,ive got a copy of it ,i will take it over to you and you and OH can have a night at the pictures,but you will have to supply your own butterkist & ice cream.
the icecream is meltan and no sign of fit ev got is it the original or later copies have pmd you on the subject lol tony[lol]