PDA

View Full Version : Wii fit

percy toboggan
18-Jan-09, 15:39
I ha dme first encounter with this device today.
It had the cheek to gauge my 'age' as a whole decade more advanced than it actually is...in the world of wii I'm 68 ! I'm also depicted as a mini-me which looks quite comical.
My centre of gravity is completely oot of kilter - not surprisingly I seem to lurch to the right !

The machine actually asked me 'do you trip up a lot?' I was hurt.

However my BMI (British Midland ?? ) is 'ideal'.

I had a go at a game of heading footballs. First try I was bobbins....worse than my daughter and she's never been a striker. I have and so felt the machine was cheating when it regarded me as next to useless!

Persevering I did much better second tie around, although amongst the footballs hurtling towards me were several flying football boots which I failed to avoid - the sickening thwack as they smashed into my virtual face was really quite amusing.

Having been left cold by this technical advance I have to say they are pretty good and if I can use the 'Carl Lewis' treadmill (£120 in October and hardly used yet) every day for a month I will then consider indulging in the purchase of a wii fit.

Or perhaps even go for a brisk walk every other day - the jury is out.

zappster
18-Jan-09, 15:41
Wii fit is absolutely brilliant...
though it sorta defeated the purpose at new year 3 am in the morning ski jumping with a tin o fosters!!haha

Iffy
18-Jan-09, 15:44
Hi Percy

I've never tried a Wii, ever, and don't have any intention of, at least not in the near future !!!

But your Wii escapades are absolutely hilarious !!!! Good for you - trying out new technology, just keep avoiding those flying football boots and you'll do fine !!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Kirdon
18-Jan-09, 16:06
Wait till you try the hula hoop after a few!

Whitewater
18-Jan-09, 18:06
I havn't tried 'wii fit' as yet, but I am going to give it a go, I'll let you know how I get on. We bought one for one or our grandsons at Christmas and it seems to have been one of the best things we have ever given, the whole family has been having a go, having a great laugh and getting fitter. Must be good.

ShelleyCowie
18-Jan-09, 18:09
I have not tried it yet! I play wii sports and it tells me im like 78! Im 20 years old for goodness sake and am no that unfit!! So i dinna want to step on a board that records my weight or anything infront o other folk!

hotrod4
18-Jan-09, 18:10
I sold my wii fit as I got fed up of it giving me cheek!!!![lol]

it was a good machine but I am afriad lack of time put an end to me using it, was a good laugh at the time(bar the aching limbs!):lol:

ShelleyCowie
18-Jan-09, 18:12
[quote=hotrod4;485823]I sold my wii fit as I got fed up of it giving me cheek!!!![lol]quote]

Thats our job eh!!! [lol]

Fluff
18-Jan-09, 19:03
I am tempted to get it, but at £70 it is alittle pricey. I have a feeling I would loose interest after a few days

catnip
18-Jan-09, 19:11
Myself and snarfer have the Wii Fit and we also got family trainer which seems to be more energetic than the Wii fit, the skips(jump rope) is so funny there are a lot of good things on it and it does not take weight etc like the wii fit does.
Go and get one!
It great for the kids!