PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hart Dies at Age 83

Kodiak
18-Jan-09, 14:51
How many of you remember Tony Hart from Television Programmes such as "Take Hart" and "Vision On" It has been reported that he has Died at the age of 83.

I remember him very well and I thought he was a Great Artist. My Sons when they were younger loved to watch him on TV and they also loved his paintings and his tips for art.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7836112.stm

Venture
18-Jan-09, 14:54
That's sad news.:( I used to watch all his programmes in my younger days. A great artist. Not forgetting Morph too.

Kodiak
18-Jan-09, 14:57
As you say not forgetting "Morph", also did you know he designed the First "Blue Peter" Ship?

brokencross
18-Jan-09, 14:59
used to watch him all the time. A gentle spoken man, very clever and imaginative with his art.

joxville
18-Jan-09, 15:03
He always speeded his work up. I suppose it won't be long until he's 'morphed' into a skeleton. :)

zappster
18-Jan-09, 15:44
RIP Tony a legend...off to the great gallery in the sky!

Bazeye
18-Jan-09, 16:18
And remember, if you want to send any 'In Deepest Sympathy" cards we cant send them back.;)

joxville
18-Jan-09, 16:21
And remember, if you want to send any 'In Deepest Sympathy" cards we cant send them back.;)

Lol. So I'm not the only sick one! :D

mccaugm
18-Jan-09, 16:30
He was a part of my childhood, a brilliant artist who had a very calming voice. Loved Morph who was the other character that always gave Morph a hard time?

Bazeye
18-Jan-09, 16:49

Or the only one old enough to remember.:lol:

marlyn
18-Jan-09, 16:52
He was a part of my childhood, a brilliant artist who had a very calming voice. Loved Morph who was the other character that always gave Morph a hard time?

Chaz!

my young kids love watching Morph on DVD.

Bobinovich
18-Jan-09, 17:42
The man was an inspiration to generations of young artists, myself included. RIP Tony :(

Whitewater
18-Jan-09, 17:49
My children loved him, very sad but we all go sooner or later. I met an old friend in Tescos the other day and had remarked that I had seen him at a recent funeral but had not had the opportunity to talk to him and added that we seemed to be attending far too many funerals now. 'Yes' he said, 'at this rate there will be nobody left to come to ours' I nearly doubled up laughing.

Amy-Winehouse
18-Jan-09, 23:59

Nope, did he draw his last breath or did he have an art attack??

RIP Tony

Kevin Milkins
19-Jan-09, 01:30
Nope, did he draw his last breath or did he have an art attack??

RIP Tony

No, I think it was a photo finish.

Thats two good uns gone this week with old Rumpole of the Bailey going as well.:(

Julia
19-Jan-09, 10:07
As you say not forgetting "Morph", also did you know he designed the First "Blue Peter" Ship?

Morph designed the first blue peter ship?

Bobinovich
19-Jan-09, 12:00
Thats two good uns gone this week with old Rumpole of the Bailey going as well.:(

Not to mention David Vine last week - the voice of snooker & Ski Sunday amongst others when I was growing up.

I actually heard the latter programme coming on yesterday and thought as I heard the music "I wonder if David Vine is still presenting" and the first thing they said was that he'd died. Was watching the snooker later on and they did a wee Obituary on him there too. RIP Viney

Anne x
19-Jan-09, 12:15
Have to agree both men will be sadly missed both were part of my childhood I used to love watching Tony Hart drawing and then when he created Morph was sad to here that friends had put him up for a honour many times but had never received any recognintion for his work in Childrens TV when you think of some of the people that get those awards you have to wonder why
I watched the Masters Snooker last night and the tribute they paid David Vine was lovely

Kodiak
19-Jan-09, 12:45
Morph designed the first blue peter ship?

:confused Tony Hart designed the First Blue Peter Ship.

MadPict
19-Jan-09, 14:54
Very talented guy - probably inspired lots of kids to get involved with art.

Elenna
19-Jan-09, 16:34
I also have many memories of Tony Harts programmes, and trying out some of the projects and techniques he demonstrated...both on my own, and with my children. (with vary-ing degrees of success! :lol:) Hart Beat was one show that my gang always looked forward to watching!

I was quite touched to hear about his work on behalf of the Ghurka Welfare Trust, however. It's not something I had ever heard crowed about in the media, so much respect to Tony Hart for that. He was a wonderful artist, and a kindly man, who will be fondly remembered.