PDA

View Full Version : Missing Westie reminder

Yvonne
05-Feb-06, 16:39
Could I remind you all to keep your eyes and ears open regarding our missing Westie, Creagan. Thanks!

Details can be viewed on www.midclyth.supanet.com/creagan.htm (http://www.midclyth.supanet.com/creagan.htm)

unicorn
05-Feb-06, 16:42
What an excellent idea to do a website.... Best of luck to you!!

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 16:44
Aw Yvonne, he's lovely..I hope you get him back:cry:

landmarker
05-Feb-06, 16:57
Good luck, I hope you find your dog.

Dr. t.c
05-Feb-06, 17:04
hello have seen your post saying you have a missing westie and notice that on your website you say that the dog was "lifted" are you sure that the poor dog hasnt wandered off? My father in law had a dog that never ever strayed but one day it went missing he eventurally found the dog stuck in a rabbit hole a good mile or so from home, so have you checked and double checked with neighbours and nearby farms etc, is the area where you live known for rabbits, badgers,and foxes
I hope you find your dog .

spiggie
05-Feb-06, 17:20
try www.missingpets.com

genisis
05-Feb-06, 20:09
Sorry you have lost your dog but one thing bothers me in your website you state your dog was stolen but was it stolen from your garden or was it running around loose? and how long had it been missing before you realised? and are you sure the dog was stolen and that it hadnt wandered off somewhere and gotten lost as the Dr previously posted have you checked with neighbours and checked that it hasn't got stuck anywhere?

Yvonne
05-Feb-06, 21:55
Thanks Connie, Unicorn, Landmarker and Spiggie for your kind and uplifting comments.

We now have a facility on the website for printing off a poster about Creagan, should anyone want to help publicise his details in their area. (It would be very much appreciated.)

www.midclyth.supanet.com/creagan.htm (http://www.midclyth.supanet.com/creagan.htm)

Thanks again.

wickerinca
05-Feb-06, 23:02
Hope that you find Creagan soon....breaks your heart:cry: :cry:

luskentyre
06-Feb-06, 00:52
I'm so sorry that Creagan is still missing. If you like, I could put the details on the Dounreay electronic bulletin boards? It's a good way of reaching a lot of people.

Yvonne
06-Feb-06, 00:57
Thank you so much Luskentyre :o)

luskentyre
06-Feb-06, 01:04
Will do it first thing tomorrow morning :-)

BRIE
06-Feb-06, 17:06
my friends dog dissappeared last year too. are you sure the dog catcher didnt pick him up? why would someone steal him?

krieve
06-Feb-06, 19:29
Hope you find him very soon

spiggie
06-Feb-06, 20:47
sorry i just discovered that the website link i prevously gave is an american one, here is a uk one hope this helps

www.missingpetsbureau.com

Dr. t.c
06-Feb-06, 21:39
Yvonne, you still havent answered the questions I asked on this post. I find this quite rude if you want help to pointedly ignore well meant queries.:confused:

Yvonne
06-Feb-06, 23:11
Thanks Krieve and Spiggie, we put his little bed down for him every night in anticipation!

BRIE
07-Feb-06, 10:26
help!! being new to this site im a little confused. Did i ask a question that is unappropriate?? or is it just being ignored??.
do dogs get stolen from this area often? was the dog tagged?

Doleve
07-Feb-06, 14:44
to dr tc and brie. I think this person has not told everything about the missing dog.They keep insisting that the dog has been stolen rather than just wandering off.How are they so sure about this.On a previous thread about this missing dog they admited they have big problems with neighbours, so MAYBE they are emplying some form of foul play, not just some form of accident etc.I wonder what the neighbours view is on this subject as they may well be innocent.

BRIE
08-Feb-06, 00:06
maybe thats why we arent getting any answers. maybe they feel they cant approach their neighbours to ask if the dog has got locked in or stuck somewhere. i wouldnt appreciate my neighbours having 8 dogs but thats just me!

Yvonne
08-Feb-06, 16:46
Hi. Just a quick update to let everyone know that we have had a very favourable response to my plea regarding Creagan.

Thanks to all who have phoned and printed out posters, etc., please keep up the good work.

Someone must know something. A little Westie just does not disappear.

Many thanks,

Yvonne,
Mid Clyth.

tip top
08-Feb-06, 19:54
seems to be some selective reading going on here!

Dr. t.c
08-Feb-06, 20:11
All i can say is that i hope you responded to your dogs needs better than you respond to people hoping to help you. Im sorry if this offends you but I find it rude and very ignorant to pointedly ignore genuine questions. :cry: [evil]

BRIE
08-Feb-06, 21:17
Maybe the dog ran off cos it was ignored too.lol

jjc
08-Feb-06, 21:21
All i can say is that i hope you responded to your dogs needs better than you respond to people hoping to help you. That was uncalled for. As has already been suggested here, there may be more to this story than you are aware of and perhaps there is a very good reason why Yvonne might not want to (or cannot) give you the answer to your question.

Dr. t.c
08-Feb-06, 22:16
jjc as i said my post was not to offend or upset but if Yvonne cannot answer even basic questions like are there rabbits or badgers around or has she checked with neighbours I find this extremely worrying as surely these are the most cursory examinations to be checked out if your pet has gone missing! So even basic replies would have been polite. I was going to suggest that I am coming to that area in a weeks time that I would go out with this family to help look for the dog but to be quite honest if these people cannot even reply to my basic questions I so not feel they deserve my help![mad]

Yvonne
09-Feb-06, 00:01
That was uncalled for. As has already been suggested here, there may be more to this story than you are aware of and perhaps there is a very good reason why Yvonne might not want to (or cannot) give you the answer to your question.

Thank you, jjc.

Very astute observations!!

BRIE
09-Feb-06, 13:13
For the person who left me negative reputation (3 to be exact!) & the reason given was to ask if i was trying to help the answer is YES i was trying to help the last comment was a joke hence the LOL.

unicorn
09-Feb-06, 13:38
This has been an ongoing situation which started in August and I think it is rather tricky for Yvonne to answer all questions and obviously new users such as brie and dr t.c. wont have read previous posts which are no longer here so I can see why they are asking these questions and getting upset at no reply. Good luck with the search once again Yvonne.

krieve
09-Feb-06, 13:53
Maybe the dog ran off cos it was ignored too.lol
Maybe ask yourself if you think that your post would be funny if someone had put it if your pet was missing because if it was my pet i would'nt find it funny at all.

BRIE
09-Feb-06, 13:55
being new to this site i havent seen any of the previous threads on Creagan. on this particular thread Yvonne hasnt answered ANY questions asked maybe a simple reply would have kept everyone happy & a better response would be found.I sincerely hope the dog is found safe & well.