PDA

View Full Version : Car Owners

dozy
17-Jan-09, 18:06
Question for all you car owners out there .
:How any folk have had a power steering pipe/hoses failure in the last couple of weeks ???????

EDDIE
17-Jan-09, 18:11
Why do u ask.?
just as a matter of intererest if u do have a powere steering pipe break u have to buy the correct one from the dealer only and not get a hose or pipe made up.

dozy
17-Jan-09, 18:23
Well today the sixth person in as many days stated, they have had a power steering leak or failure .Two of them are family members .They use different makes and model of car,but they all use the same piece of road .All have complained that the potholes are so big and deep you just can't miss them ...Just going over all the bases to make sure its not a frost/pas fluid problem ..Many thanks

Kodiak
17-Jan-09, 18:25
Touch Wood we have not had a problem with our Power Steering. Long may it stay that way as well :D

EDDIE
17-Jan-09, 18:39
i remember when my van was a year old i had a power steering leak ended up needing a new power steering rack i wouldnt blame the road.I think these days things arent built to last i tell u whats weired the place i work we all have the same make and model of vans and every van develops the same faults every van in our debut got the poweresteering racks replaced its strange i think the dealers are make a good profit out of warranty these days

christina
18-Jan-09, 12:33
my van burst a pipe 3 weeks ago on power steering it was just corrosion it was an 02 plate aswell:eek:

Whitewater
18-Jan-09, 18:17
I guess that if the road is too bumpy and rough, there is the possibility that perhaps the pipe/tubing could be getting damaged or torn due to being squashed by some other part or friction caused by rubbing. It is interesting, particularly as you are all using the same road, it must be something to do with one or the other, or perhaps something on the road surface is being thrown up and causing the damage.

hotrod4
18-Jan-09, 18:18
Where is the road? Please tell us so we can all avoid it!!!!:)