PDA

View Full Version : Weather warning

supernova
17-Jan-09, 14:31
Check out the met office website as severe gales are forecast for later.
Time to batten down the hatches.

changilass
17-Jan-09, 14:37
Thanks for the warning but our very own weather girl (Tuggs) telt us about this 2 days ago:-

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=65616

supernova
17-Jan-09, 14:40
I didn't realise we had our own weather girl I'll have to watch out for her posts in future.
Thanks

telfordstar
17-Jan-09, 14:42
I didn't realise we had our own weather girl I'll have to watch out for her posts in future.
Thanks

You should she's usually pretty spot on to.

supernova
17-Jan-09, 14:47
Just been looking at her site it's really good I bet she is more acurate than the met office as they often get it wrong for Caithness I'll definately be getting my weather forecast from there in future.:D

Tugmistress
17-Jan-09, 15:02
thanks all, i do try and get it right most of the time :)
supernova, if you ever need a forecast for going somewhere just pm me and give me a town / journey to be taken, i've done a few for other orgers and they are usually fairly accurate, i can do them up to 5 days out. and thanks for the compliment on my site :)

supernova
17-Jan-09, 15:18
Thanks Tugmistress that's good to know. I'm always looking out for when snow is forecast as I love the snow. So if your forecast is for heavy snow I'd love to know. When ever the met office predict snow I get really excited and then it turns out to be not a lot. I drive my hubby mad looking out of the window every 5 mins to see if it's started snowing yet.:D

Tugmistress
17-Jan-09, 15:20
Thanks Tugmistress that's good to know. I'm always looking out for when snow is forecast as I love the snow. So if your forecast is for heavy snow I'd love to know. When ever the met office predict snow I get really excited and then it turns out to be not a lot. I drive my hubby mad looking out of the window every 5 mins to see if it's started snowing yet.:D

hehe no problems. i usually stick a warning up on here for high winds, snow or freezing temps, basically anything that can either cause damage or be a danger to drive in, so it's just a case of keep your eyes peeled :D

supernova
17-Jan-09, 15:25
great I'll keep my eyes wide open.:eek: Thanks