PDA

View Full Version : Y-Not Bar & Grill......Fantastic

Gizmo
16-Jan-09, 23:02
Well, thank you for all the recommendations for eating in Thurso, we decided to try the Y-Not and had an absolutely fantastic meal, very good value for money and a huge plateful of food, it's a lovely comfortable place to sit in and the staff were excellent, we don't eat out much and it's the first time i have eaten out anywhere else other than Wetherspoons for a couple of years (the missus works there), so i am glad the Y-Not was as good as was mentioned, 10/10 :)

If anyone is planning going there then try the 'Creamy Cajun Chicken Penne'...it was sooooooo tasty, and a nice spicy kick to it as well, we are well and truly stuffed tonight :D

Bobinovich
16-Jan-09, 23:29
You're not wrong (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=480724&postcount=12) Giz :D! Was back there yesterday and was tempted to try something else but still ended up with the same again! It called to me :cool:!!!

Gizmo
16-Jan-09, 23:55
You're not wrong (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=480724&postcount=12) Giz :D! Was back there yesterday and was tempted to try something else but still ended up with the same again! It called to me :cool:!!!

It was just beautiful and WHAT a plateful, i would have also licked the bowl clean, if i had 2 extra stomachs to accommodate it all :lol:, my sister in law had the Sizzling Fajitas and it looked and smelled lovely, she wolfed down the whole bloomin lot like it was her last meal.

Bobinovich
17-Jan-09, 00:06
LOL that's one of the other ones I want to try - I like a bit of spice (tho' not too much) and that sounded like it would hit the spot too!

If you like that then try the Chicken Patia (like an Indian sweet & sour) from the Taj Mahal in Castletown, along with onion fried rice & a naan (my fav is Peshwari 'cos I like a bit of sweet with it).

Mmmmm, feelin' hungry again now :(

Gizmo
17-Jan-09, 00:40
Haha..Peshwari is my favourite Nan-Bread as well, the K2 Peshwari is the mutts nuts of Nan-Breads, love it dipped in the sauce that comes with the Krishno Chura dish, it's not spicy (i do like my food spicy as well) but soooooo tasty.

And yeah all this talk of indian food is making my mouth water....[adopts Homer Simpson drool].....aaarrrrgggghhhh....Mmmmmmm!...Peshwaaaaaaari :D

Goldie
18-Jan-09, 00:56
Great :) I'm glad you found it and glad you had a good meal. What nice way to round of the double celebrations :D

Hope the bowling went well and that Mrs Gizmo had a good birthday

Cheers

Bobinovich
24-Jan-09, 00:40
Returned once again - can't stay away now :D. Sizzling chicken fajitas tonight and another absolutely superb dish leaving my mouth agog in all the right ways!

Whats next to try - mmmm, maybe the enchiladas I think!

chef4celebrations
24-Jan-09, 13:12
what have i done to you bob? you not become a Y'Not fan too? i am soooooo sorry bob, just think i am trying to increase the waist line of the county one by one then i will not look too large ......ha ha ha

devil's sidekick
24-Jan-09, 14:17
told you it was good, my mate is the head chef in there i must admit he is really good at what he does.

Amy-Winehouse
24-Jan-09, 17:01
It was just beautiful and WHAT a plateful, i would have also licked the bowl clean, if i had 2 extra stomachs to accommodate it all :lol:, my sister in law had the Sizzling Fajitas and it looked and smelled lovely, she wolfed down the whole bloomin lot like it was her last meal.

You mean she didnt have the Waffles ???;)

Fluff
24-Jan-09, 17:08
Hmm think I will have to try this place when I am up visiting in Feb. Are the prices quite reasonable or is it a little luxury to visit there?

Bobinovich
24-Jan-09, 20:23
Think the 2 dishes I've had were around £8 each but undoubtedly both very much worth that price IMO.