PDA

View Full Version : Catamaran

Tighsonas4
16-Jan-09, 18:47
queer on goings. on the ais liverpool site it shows her heading for aberdeen and funnily enough it says hamnavoe moored half way across the firth [lol] tony sorry not moored but at anchor t

brokencross
16-Jan-09, 19:31
Sure enough Pentalina NE of Noss Head steering South at 8kts destination Aberdeen. Hamnavoe is at anchor in Thurso Bay. Pentalina kidnapped by pirates????

biker5
16-Jan-09, 19:34
off for survey in aberdeen.
needs to be done by june which will be the busy period so getting it done now.
Dont take that as gospel tho!!

brokencross
16-Jan-09, 19:38
off for survey in aberdeen.
needs to be done by june which will be the busy period so getting it done now.
Dont take that as gospel tho!!Makes sense. Must need a drydocking then because if it was a simple safety survey, the surveyor would go to the ship.

COACHMAN
16-Jan-09, 19:51
Going to Aberdeen for MCA AND LLOYDS Shipping survey a Legal requirement before taking passengars

biker5
16-Jan-09, 19:53
yeah was just asking the old man.
Says it has to be dry docked.
This has to be done every year same as mot for car but for boat if that makes sense?
Think its next month it will be starting.

brokencross
16-Jan-09, 20:07
Says it has to be dry docked.

It is quite a knack to line up one hull on the blocks in a drydock, will be fun trying to line up two.

brokencross
24-Jan-09, 10:23
0917 GMT - according to the ShipAIS she is on her way back North, hopefully loaded with all her certificates, nicely passed and displayed ready for her passengers and the rigours of the Firth in January

Tighsonas4
24-Jan-09, 11:35
shes making for orkney right now doing 14 + knots. she was the first cataraman to be docked in aberdeen
next week she will probably run emty for a few trips to check the linkspans at both sides a good day for the photographers once he gets round duncansbay tony

biker5
24-Jan-09, 12:26
lookking on ais cant see her?
where is she now?

Bobinovich
24-Jan-09, 12:35
Aboot the middle o' here (http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=MorayFirth)!

groater
24-Jan-09, 13:08
go to ais but then search pentalina it will show then:D

Tighsonas4
24-Jan-09, 13:59
shes just off noss head just now tony

2little2late
24-Jan-09, 15:54
She's now back in port.

davem
24-Jan-09, 17:05
http://www.aisliverpool.co.uk/showship.php?mmsi=235061705

She's home the link finds her. On the Left is an H that shows where she's been.

groater
28-Jan-09, 12:10
new ferry over in gills this morning

Tighsonas4
28-Jan-09, 13:57
the pentalina is quietly making for gills just now see ais tony

Tighsonas4
28-Jan-09, 18:05
as from ist feb to 31march foot passengers can have a trip to orkneyand back for Ģio but they have to stay aboard the vessel
its just been put on pentland ferries web site i get nothing for folling this
and not much good to me lol tony

south view 7
28-Jan-09, 22:24
i get nothing for folling this
and not much good to me lol tony[/quote]
So yur tellin us. S.V.7.

Seabird
28-Jan-09, 23:34
Wife was due to come over Friday night on Gills Ferry but for technical reasons her sailing cancelled and she will now be on Sat morning sailing.
To say she is peeved would be an under statement.
She used Gills all year but she as been let down so many times now that she is switching to Scrabster.
It's a pity because she liked the Pentland Ferry staff and has got to know them.
With luck perhaps the new boat will bring some stability to their service, although this boat does seem to be jinxed.

the second coming
29-Jan-09, 19:19
Saw the new ferry down in Gills yesterday and a fine thing she looks too. Is it me though, or does anyone else think it would look a lot better with teeth painted onto the two forward bows..???

My wife thinks I'm daft saying that.:roll:

brokencross
30-Jan-09, 11:05
does anyone else think it would look a lot better with teeth painted onto the two forward bows..???
.:roll: Plus big eyes with long eyelashes....whoop woo!!

Tighsonas4
30-Jan-09, 22:48
think there taking drink [lol] on his web site hes doing this stay abard lark
orkney news this morning hes done one run to gills and was to have done another today but there saying once has completed this second run thats him all clear and ready to go into service
claymore never ran today due to techinal problems new says hes transfering crew and equipment to the ferry getting laughable [lol] tony

North Light
31-Jan-09, 12:29
From their website today, "All sailings on the Pentland Firth Route have been cancelled from Saturday 31/01/09 up to and including Wednesday 4/02/09. This is due to technical problems which have to be addressed before the Pentalina is able to go into service. Apologies for any inconvenience caused."

So maybe towards the end of next week?

Tighsonas4
31-Jan-09, 12:31
the message board this morning now says there will be no sailings at all on that route from today and next wednesday inclusive
posting no more or they may think its me thats DAFT [lol] [lol] tony

Tighsonas4
31-Jan-09, 12:35
From their website today, "All sailings on the Pentland Firth Route have been cancelled from Saturday 31/01/09 up to and including Wednesday 4/02/09. This is due to technical problems which have to be addressed before the Pentalina is able to go into service. Apologies for any inconvenience caused."

So maybe towards the end of next week?
that two posts ive been making up while you were in ahead of me lol tony