PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Lodges at Dunnet Head

stekar
16-Jan-09, 16:55
Came across this on Ebay, item number 280302097819

First I'd heard of it.

Kodiak
16-Jan-09, 17:09
Sheesh!! £118,000.00 for a tiny lodge, I guess not many locals will be buing one of them then.

Just to help here is the link if you want to have a look. :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280302097819&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2F search.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37.l1313%26sa title%3D280302097819%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

K

joxville
16-Jan-09, 17:20
Must admit, it looks nice......but £118,000 for a glorified shed???

Goldie
16-Jan-09, 17:26
Wow - will be interesting to see how many, if any, sell - they do seem rather on the small side for the price. They have a lovely outlook - any idea exactly where at Dunnett they will be and how many there will be?

Cheers for sharing that info. The Org is amazing!! so are thr Orger's , of course!!

Bad Manners
16-Jan-09, 17:27
I could rent out my new shed for a lot less than that

joxville
16-Jan-09, 17:27
Retirement age? Got a few quid to spare? Holiday home in Caithness? Strikes me as just what Percy T. needs in his dotage!!! [lol]

joxville
16-Jan-09, 17:30
The Org is amazing!! so are thr Orger's , of course!!

Oh, shucks...............I think you're amazing too. :o

Goldie
16-Jan-09, 17:39
Oh, shucks...............I think you're amazing too. :o

Cheers on ya joxville :D

Venture
16-Jan-09, 17:42
Wow - will be interesting to see how many, if any, sell - they do seem rather on the small side for the price. They have a lovely outlook - any idea exactly where at Dunnett they will be and how many there will be?

Cheers for sharing that info. The Org is amazing!! so are thr Orger's , of course!!

It shows you here.

http://euro-leisure.com/news.html

Goldie
16-Jan-09, 18:04
It shows you here.

http://euro-leisure.com/news.html

Cheers Venture :D

froal
16-Jan-09, 19:14
Hi all,
I know who's ad this is !! :roll:
And can't believe my eyes ! how strange [lol] how strange :roll:
Well it will be interesting to see if it happens ! !

Froal

changilass
16-Jan-09, 19:15
Any chance of telling us who it is????

They can't be retirement homes as you can only live in them for 11 months, the place is shut down in feb.

froal
16-Jan-09, 19:20
Hi
They are americans and live in castletown now they did a moonlight filt from Brough as they never paided any rent ! [disgust] for a year !
And the houses are going to be looking towards brough and orkneys on moor land ! they apparently bought !

Froal

COACHMAN
16-Jan-09, 19:54
BUYER BEWARE COMES TO MIND ABOUT THIS COMPANY they are not Listed in Companies House in the UK .
There is NO Full planning permission for what they state on there website

mrs and mr brown
16-Jan-09, 19:54
must say that they look lovely, would love one however cant afford it. bit expensive. hope it goes well for the people that are doing this seems like a good idea. its the price that gets me. what i could do with that kinda money hmmmmm............ let me think....

butterfly
16-Jan-09, 21:41
sounds a bit dodgy this,moonlight flit,no planning consent.......:eek:

Murdina Bug
16-Jan-09, 21:42
I seem to remember hearing about this plan a few years back and the argument with planning was the fact that they would be ok marketed as 'holiday lodges' but there were concerns that whoever bought them would want to live there all year round. Hence the strange part about not being able to live there in February! It's possible that planning was granted some time back and still valid now. I thought it was the owners of the House of the Northern Gate (Draper's?) that were carrying this out. The website is pretty vague - maybe they are trying to gauge interest before moving forward with plans?

TBH
16-Jan-09, 21:43
Is Dunnet in Thurso?

ar1ling
16-Jan-09, 21:51
keep eye on the holiday lodge, c will there be any selling?:)

Errogie
16-Jan-09, 23:39
No idea there was so much broadleaved woodland in the vicinity of Dunnet Head. Of course something like this happened before when a previous owner tried to sell of 1 foot square plots in the early 70's on the back of a rumoured oil yard development in Dunnet Bay by a company called Chicago bridge

froal
17-Jan-09, 12:03
Dunnet is outside thurso heading towards groats'
Drapers don't own the land anymore ! apparntly the americans do ! they are suppose to build a huge house their too was suppose to be made of wood but planning throu it out so it has to be brick and it has a indoor swimming pool ! :confused
Froal

Wizzbang
17-Jan-09, 13:20
http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co.uk/store/customer/product.php?productid=21973

This one is about £2k
There are other cabins on the market all different designs.
There is also a lot of plots for sale all over Caithness
The total package wouldn't be anywhere like the thousands advertised.

A9RUNNER
17-Jan-09, 17:47
http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co.uk/store/customer/product.php?productid=21973

This one is about £2k

Its hardly on the same scale as the cabins on the link for the Dunnet area. A garden shed is not quite the same as a 3 bedroom log cabin

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 19:22
Came across this on Ebay, item number 280302097819

First I'd heard of it.

Planning was granted 26th April 2002 and consent was renewed September 2007 copies of planning will be posted on our web site
planning consent no issued by The Highland Council 00/00301/FULCA

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 19:24
Sheesh!! £118,000.00 for a tiny lodge, I guess not many locals will be buing one of them then.

Just to help here is the link if you want to have a look. :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280302097819&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2F search.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37.l1313%26sa title%3D280302097819%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

K

Not looking to sell local hence WORLDWIDE ADVERTISING to date 4 SOLD

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 19:25

3 BED fully furnished double glazed and fully insulated SOME SHED

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 19:37
BUYER BEWARE COMES TO MIND ABOUT THIS COMPANY they are not Listed in Companies House in the UK .
There is NO planning permission for what they state on there website

GOSSIP BEWARE COMES TO MIND WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT MATTERS THEY OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT
(1) you don not have to be registered as a Limited Company to operate a business in the UK, and we have nerver stated that we are a limited company. (2) Planning permission was granted by the Highland Council under Planning Consent No 00/00301/FULCA so refrain from suggesting that we are making misleading statements on our web site

joxville
17-Jan-09, 19:57

3 BED fully furnished double glazed and fully insulated SOME SHED

Maybe more pictures would have done the buildings the justice they deserve because they do look nice, however I still maintain £118,000 does seem a lot of money for them. I know you obviously had to go to the bother of getting the planning permission and then have construction costs plus make a profit, but personally, in a place as exposed to the elements as Dunnet, I would prefer bricks and mortar. Just my opinion, which is worth diddly-squat. Having said all that, anyone who is risking cash on such a venture has my admiration and I hope you are successful.

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 20:04
Drapers don't own the land anymore ! apparntly the americans do ! they are suppose to build a huge house their too was suppose to be made of wood but planning throu it out so it has to be brick and it has a indoor swimming pool ! :confused
Froal

You seem to know more than our agents Planning was granted for A Timber Framed Home clad with either Timber,Fibre Cement or Brick Cladding WE CHOSE THE BRICK may revert to timber. And yes it has an indooor swimming pool

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 20:08

This one is about £2k

You are right there I would not pay £1K for one of those SHEDs you should know the difference between A fully furnished fully plastered fully insulated double glazed Lodge and a small garden SHED.

Goldie
17-Jan-09, 20:17
Hi I have been looking at all the posts here. The Ebay picture probably doesn't do it justice. When I first came on to this thread and went on the link to Ebay it does look like one of the luxury summer houses. However, when you go to the second link for the euro-leisure, you can see the floor plans and how well the space has been used. As I said in my previous post, the outlook they have is beautiful and and the view is worth a lot of money. They seem to have put a lot of thought into the lodges and when you consider a garage in the south of England can cost you a fortune,(by saying that I am not liking the lodges to garages, I am just stating a price comparrison) I know which one I would prefer. I would love to see one when they are complete. Good luck with the sales and happy home or holiday life to those who are lucky enough to have one.

Cheers

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 20:19
I think that people who do a moonlight flit as you call it do not post their Name Address and Telephone no on over 60 world wide web sites ????????????? Also site has full planning for 10 Homes 4 of which have been sold Planning Consent No 00/00310/FULCA try and stick to the facts before making Defamatory remarks

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 20:21
4 sold to date hope that helps

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 20:24
Thank you we will keep you posted and invite you for a drink when we open

butterfly
17-Jan-09, 21:41
Maybe more pictures would have done the buildings the justice they deserve because they do look nice, however I still maintain £118,000 does seem a lot of money for them. I know you obviously had to go to the bother of getting the planning permission and then have construction costs plus make a profit, but personally, in a place as exposed to the elements as Dunnet, I would prefer bricks and mortar. Just my opinion, which is worth diddly-squat. Having said all that, anyone who is risking cash on such a venture has my admiration and I hope you are successful.
have to agree they do look nice but they seem quite close to each other or are they just lined up there waiting for a buyer to pick one and then will they be placed on their permanent plot

SW Construction
17-Jan-09, 21:48
Many thanks someone with taste at last

Kevin Milkins
17-Jan-09, 21:51

The way the wind is blowing just now I think I would like my new house to be made out of very heavy bricks and a lead roof..:eek:

Although wood has it's own charm I would guess the view of the Pentland Firth will be from within it by by morning.;)

Never been one to discourage anyone that has a go in business though, so good luck with your venture.

Countryman
17-Jan-09, 22:17
A similar project was proposed a number of years ago at Camster before ebay existed they were advertised in a Sunday paper as holiday home plots. Only they could not be reached as the land was peat bog.
The other one was plots at Dunnet sold in the American press only they turned out to be one foot square and not accessible except on foot.
As someone said BUYER BEWARE but there is always someone who can be fooled.

butterfly
18-Jan-09, 00:33
GOSSIP BEWARE COMES TO MIND WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT MATTERS THEY OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT
(1) you don not have to be registered as a Limited Company to operate a business in the UK, and we have nerver stated that we are a limited company. (2) Planning permission was granted by the Highland Council under Planning Consent No 00/00301/FULCA so refrain from suggesting that we are making misleading statements on our web site
i think the above was meant as a warning,people should be careful what they say.........just thought i would point this out folks....:roll:

froal
18-Jan-09, 01:09
I think the 'countryman' is right & seeing is believing too ! [smirk]

Margaret M.
18-Jan-09, 05:30
I really like the floor plan of the 3 bedroom and I'm sure the view would be awesome but I had the same thought as some of the others -- not sure I would feel too secure in the Caithness gales.

Errogie
18-Jan-09, 09:21
So do the trees come with the building or is the Trade Descriptions Act being stretched here, and do you have to leave your house for one month in the year?

SW Construction
18-Jan-09, 11:55
The photos are sample lodges of previous work

ett23
18-Jan-09, 12:37
I'm surprised at how many negative comments these lodges have received. I think the photos and floor plans look really good. And what's wrong with living in a wooden house? I lived in a wooden house for 18months and guess what - I'm still alive to tell the tale!!! :roll: Actually i found the house was very warm and well insulated and I felt perfectly safe even in strong gales and pelting rain - which we experienced a fair bit being on the east coast of Scotland!! :lol: Also I've been on holiday in several chalets at different places and loved it! My dream house would definitely be a wooden one. Looks so much nicer from the outside and really good to live in too!
Hope you sell your remaining 6 plots and that the building goes well. Look forward to seeing them when they're all complete!

Bad Manners
18-Jan-09, 12:54
I have nothing against wooden lodges and think if done well would enhance an are however I do think the price is excessive for a structure you can't live in all year, would need more upkeep than a traditional built and more importantly in the current economic situation for me I would be looking for bricks and mortar and at present thie is a lot of choice within that buget range.
that said I wish you luck

Errogie
18-Jan-09, 12:55
Nothing wrong with solid wooden houses. The only reason they haven't been part of our traditional building scene compared to other parts of Europe was our lack of plentiful cheap wood. But does Planning say you still have to vacate the place for a month. That may not go down well with any building society.

joxville
18-Jan-09, 13:19
Nothing wrong with solid wooden houses. The only reason they haven't been part of our traditional building scene compared to other parts of Europe was our lack of plentiful cheap wood. But does Planning say you still have to vacate the place for a month. That may not go down well with any building society.

I don't think it's the sort of place you'd expect to need a mortgage for-I assume it's aimed more at those with £118,000 'spare cash'. [lol]

mrs and mr brown
18-Jan-09, 14:18
Froal

not meaning to pick on anyone or seem nasty but froal, u seem to know alot about the people and planning permission ect, is this fact or fiction? or just gossiping?????? i wonder!!
also stop refering to the people that maybe doing these lodges and americans{ except if they are indeed mr and mrs americans!!!!} its not very nice how would u like it if someone refered to you as the scottish, these people have names? also as for there history thats nothing to do with anyone, and if want you are saying is true if they have done the moonlight flit ect then i would think that they would be lying low not going into such a huge adventure as this seems to be.

as for the lodges i have already said i think that its a great idea, dunnet head doesnt get used for much these days and hopefull the beautiful place that it is will get used more and attract more people up there. however the price does seem expensive but in this world you do get what you pay for and hopefully its money well spent. i would love one however out of my price range he he.

great idea, hope it works out! will love to see it when its finnished!

Westsider3
18-Jan-09, 19:52
I have just had a look at the website to see where these chalets have been advertised for. I can say with a fair degree of certainty that the lodges won't look out over Dunnet Bay, they will have a view over St John's Loch. I thought the views on the website are quite misleading. The view towards the Loch would be lovely too but I think that view should also be being shown. Of course, the view is only dependent on there not being another chalet right in front of you!!

I certainly think that if I was intending to buy one of these that I would want a view and a bit of space around me for privacy. The impression that the website gives is a row of chalets looking out on another chalet. Not for me!

butterfly
19-Jan-09, 00:57
I certainly think that if I was intending to buy one of these that I would want a view and a bit of space around me for privacy. The impression that the website gives is a row of chalets looking out on another chalet. Not for me![/quote]
thats what i thought,too closed in

Countryman
19-Jan-09, 19:34
Can anyone tell me where and when this was agreed - cannot seem to find it on the Highland Council Web Site.

SW Construction
19-Jan-09, 20:30
PLANNING CONSENT WAS GRANTED ON THE 26th APRIL 2002 00/00301/FULCA
PLANNING CONSENT WAS RENEWED ON APRIL 26th 2007 00/00301FULCA
IF YOU FEEL THAT WE ARE GOING TO BUILD 10 LODGES WITHOUT PLANNING AND ARE UNABLE TO FIND THE PLANNING ON THE WEB SITE YOU CAN TELEPHONE THE HIGHLAND COUNCIL PLANNING AT WICK TELEPHONE NO 01955 607751 Mr IAIN EWART TEAM LEADER IN PLANNING HIS DIRECT NO IS 01955 607751 HE WILL BE HAPPY TO CONFIRM THAT PLANNING WAS GIVEN UNDER CONSENT NO 00/00310/FULCA

SW Construction
19-Jan-09, 20:35
The view over the lock is shown on our web site but not on the ebay ad we have nerver stated that the lodges will have a view of dunnet bay so not as you say misleading we are not trying to mislead anyone but i can tell all concerned that the lodges will be built

SW Construction
19-Jan-09, 20:40
Many thanks for your very constructive and honest comments You seem to be aware that Timber lodges were designed in countries such as Canada, and most of Scandinavian with worse conditions than Scotland and can withstand most of the conditions that the elements can throw at them,

Aaldtimer
20-Jan-09, 03:45
..."The view over the lock is shown on our web site"... it's L-O-C-H, loch fer chrissakes! Can't you guys on the other side of the pond get it right?[disgust]

hotrod4
20-Jan-09, 07:16
There is NO Full planning permission for what they state on there website
looks like you got it wrong Coachman, seems they DO have planning permission!!!!
Just goes to show you how wrong information can be very damaging to people! Imagine how you would feel if you lost out on a 100k sale because of Incorrect remarks made by someone "in the know".:~(

cuddlepop
20-Jan-09, 12:27
PLANNING CONSENT WAS GRANTED ON THE 26th APRIL 2002 00/00301/FULCA
PLANNING CONSENT WAS RENEWED ON APRIL 26th 2007 00/00301FULCA
IF YOU FEEL THAT WE ARE GOING TO BUILD 10 LODGES WITHOUT PLANNING AND ARE UNABLE TO FIND THE PLANNING ON THE WEB SITE YOU CAN TELEPHONE THE HIGHLAND COUNCIL PLANNING AT WICK TELEPHONE NO 01955 607751 Mr IAIN EWART TEAM LEADER IN PLANNING HIS DIRECT NO IS 01955 607751 HE WILL BE HAPPY TO CONFIRM THAT PLANNING WAS GIVEN UNDER CONSENT NO 00/00310/FULCA

Now your shouting at us.
Statements or words done in capitals is seen as shouting.:Razz

It wont make your point anymore forcefull,who ever you are.

froal
20-Jan-09, 21:49
not meaning to pick on anyone or seem nasty but froal, u seem to know alot about the people and planning permission ect, is this fact or fiction? or just gossiping?????? i wonder!!
also stop refering to the people that maybe doing these lodges and americans{ except if they are indeed mr and mrs americans!!!!} its not very nice how would u like it if someone refered to you as the scottish, these people have names? also as for there history thats nothing to do with anyone, and if want you are saying is true if they have done the moonlight flit ect then i would think that they would be lying low not going into such a huge adventure as this seems to be.

as for the lodges i have already said i think that its a great idea, dunnet head doesnt get used for much these days and hopefull the beautiful place that it is will get used more and attract more people up there. however the price does seem expensive but in this world you do get what you pay for and hopefully its money well spent. i would love one however out of my price range he he.

great idea, hope it works out! will love to see it when its finnished!
it's fact not fiction but i can see they've almost pulled the wool over everyone ears too ! Its a Discrace ! [disgust]

Alastair
21-Jan-09, 09:47
I hope the people that buy these "lodges" enjoy midges, don't think I'd build on a bog, with very little hope of achieving the "landscaped grounds" as implied.

Bad Manners
21-Jan-09, 10:54
I hope the people that buy these "lodges" enjoy midges, don't think I'd build on a bog, with very little hope of achieving the "landscaped grounds" as implied.
As with everything else the seller only ever points out the good part of what he is selling they never point out the bad. ask every estate agent in the country. anyone who buys that do not do their homework on the area and check things out for themself kinda deserve what they get especially paying that amount of money for a posh shed on a bog.
but as they say theres one born every minute

joxville
22-Jan-09, 00:12
it's fact not fiction but i can see they've almost pulled the wool over everyone ears too ! Its a Discrace ! [disgust]

It's a disgrace the way you are calling certain peoples reputation into question on a public forum when we don't possess the facts that you so obviously do. If you have concerns about the legality of the people in question then you should raise them with the appropriate authorities, not via this medium. I suggest you retract your comments or desist from publishing any further comments in case everything turns out to be above board and you find yourself the subject of a law suit.

I have no connection whatsoever with SW Construction.

Boozeburglar
22-Jan-09, 00:52
These people are so dodgy.

It is a slice of bog, no landscaped anything.

Crooks in my opinion.

The above is my opinion and does not reflect the views of anyone involved in this website.. for all you dumbasses who might think my opinion can be legally challenged.

lol

:)

hotrod4
22-Jan-09, 07:19
It is shocking the way in which people are immediately jumping on this project and mis-calling them. As Jox said if you have any EVIDENCE then please contact the relevant authorities and not post on here saying they shouldnt be trusted etc. All I can see is loads of accusations (1 of which has been proven wrong already)with absolutley no substance to back it up.

It seems the Jungle drums are in full swing here, with accusations flying all over the place.personally i wouldnt buy one but thats my choice,BUT it is everyones right to have a FAIR hearing and that is what i do agree with![evil]

SW Construction
22-Jan-09, 12:18
To answer as many of the points 1. Stekar Planning Consent no 00/00310/FULCA 2. Kodiak Not aimed at local market hence Worldwide advertising these are for holiday lets and not residential
3. Joxville Sorry but these are not sheds but fully completed 3 bed room lodges 4. Goldie 4 sold to date with 2 more in the pipeline they are at Hunspow Dunnett and was part of the House of the Northern Gate
9. Hunspow Dunnett was part of the House of the Northern Gate, Total being built 10 11. Froal It is SW Construction who are our agents
12. Changilass SW Construct ion is a sole trader Planning dictates that the property will be vacated during February each year, this is normal for a holiday park. 13. Froal You really should get your facts right before making outrageous statements The Americans as you call them DO NOT OWN THE LAND , The Council confirm that the land is not A BOG but Fenland or Moorland. Planning Permission has been granted under planning consent no 00/00301/FULCA should be a link on www.highland.gov.uk (http://www.highland.gov.uk/) failing this the tel no is 01955 607751 ask for planning and quote planning consent no
14. Coachman You do not have to be a company to run a business in the UK. SW Construction is a sole trader company. Planning Permission has been granted under planning consent no 00/00301/FULCA 15. Mrs & mr Brown many thanks for your comments 16. Butterfly Planning Permission has been granted under planning consent no 00/00301/FULCA 17. Murdina Bug Planning Permission has been granted under planning consent no 00/00301/FULCA The lodges shown on the web site and eBay and other web site are samples of previous builds.
19. All now sold and believe me they will be built
21. Froal You really should get your facts right before making outrageous statements The Americans as you call them DO NOT OWN THE LAND , but the people you keep referring to as the Americans have a plot next to the site and have permission to build a house and indoor swimming pool
22. Wizzbang Seems like and advert for inferior product
23. A9 RUNNER Spot on my friend 28. Joxville Thanks for your constructive comments 31. Goldie Thanks for your constructive comments
37. Kevin Milkins Thanks for your constructive comments
38. Countryman This site is not a peat bog and is fully accessible by road, also planning has stipulated that the site has a full inter structure
39. Butterfly Quite Correct keep to the facts
40. Froal They will be built by my company believe me
41. Margaret M. Thanks for your constructive comments
42. Errogie The site will be fully landscaped if you had read the ad you would have noticed that we were only asking people to reserve a PLOT and all photos etc were samples of the lodges that we are going to build.
44. Ett23 Many thanks for your constructive comments and knowledge of timber homes 45. Bad Manners Thanks for your constructive comments
46. Errogie yes planning stipulates that the Holiday Lodge must be vacated during February
48. Mrs & mr brown I agree if froal has a dispute with “THE AMERICANS” as he calls them he should sort his grievances out through the courts not on a public forum 49. Westsider3 Correct they do not overlook Dunnet Bay I don’t believe we said that they did If you look at the site plan you will see that the lodges are place so that they all have clear views direct to the LOCH 50. Butterfly If you look at the site plan you will see that the lodges are place so that they all have clear views direct to the LOCH
51. Countryman Planning Permission has been granted under planning consent no 00/00301/FULCA 55. Aaldtimer typo by the way we spell for not fer 56. Hotrod4 Thanks for your very constructive comments He is miles from the facts. 57. Cuddlepop new to this my mistake 58. Froal wrong again 59. Alastair Not a bog ,The survey and council engineer class it as MOOR LAND by the ay aren’t there MIDGES all over the Dunnet / Thurso area or are they just confined just our site ?
60. Bad Manners We are not Estate Agents and the clients who have purchased these are only buying as an investment to let out for holiday lets. I don’t know of many posh sheds that are built to full building regs, fully double glazed, fully insulated, fully furnished and standing in fully landscaped grounds, before you say landscaped in a bog look at the properties there now with their fully landscaped gardens, trees, flowers, shrubs, and very green lawns.
61. Joxville Once again thank you, I will point out that we have sought Legal Advice and will in due course be taking the legal action for any Defamatory comments.
62. Boozeburglar For your opinion not to be Defamatory it should be aired in private not on a public forum To call someone you do not know or have any knowledge of a Crook is not only Defamatory but could also be libellous, we would like to see any information you have that states we or “The Americans” are crooks, Please rest assured that we have sought legal advice and on the received advice we will most likely will be in touch through the legal system not some chat room forum.
63. Hotrod4 We agree show us the proof
64. LAST BUT NOT LEAST Defamatory comments on internet bulletin boards are more likely to be slanderous than libellous

COACHMAN
22-Jan-09, 12:50
THe Point i was making here was as Large Sums of money were to be exchanged in Purchase of Land / Buildings etc if i was a Buyer i would wish to know the Company i was dealing with was of Good Financial Standing.
As this seems a large Financial Undertaking to buy ground and then Development it .It seems strange that your Companies SW Construction/Euro Leisure are Not Listed on any Financial Register in the Uk or on the VAT Traders Register or on any Building Trade Listing.

SW Construction
22-Jan-09, 13:22
THe Point i was making here was as Large Sums of money were to be exchanged in Purchase of Land / Buildings etc if i was a Buyer i would wish to know the Company i was dealing with was of Good Financial Standing.
As this seems a large Financial Undertaking to buy ground and then Development it .It seems strange that your Companies SW Construction/Euro Leisure are Not Listed on any Financial Register in the Uk or on the VAT Traders Register or on any Building Trade Listing.

Not that it is any of your business, any monies that will be paid as a deposit to reserve a plot will be lodged with our solicitor until completion of their lodge. We are not offering finance so do not have to registrar with any financial institution No further monies would be received until the lodge was completed, so no financial risk to any of our clients, as they would only part with their cash on completion but I am sure will appreciate your concern. All our customers know who we are. As stated SW are our Scottish agents, and as the site is now sold there should be no need for any more defamatory or libellous comments from nosy misinformed individuals

Boozeburglar
22-Jan-09, 13:52
I would be VERY wary of any business operating speculatively like this, whose base appears to be a small rented cottage.

Bad Manners
22-Jan-09, 14:10
well SW Construction. I have not said anything sladerous regarding you or your venture i would like to point out what was posted was my opinion you seem to be protesting a bit to much. as said before let buyer beware If i were going to spend that amount of money I would do my homework on who was selling who was building and the local area etc etc having looked at what other people have said and checking a few things for myself it is NOT something /I would invest in that said there may well be other people willing to.
You may be correct in all the things you say however there are way to many flags waving to tempt a prudent investor.
Imay well be wrong but it is my opinion and I entitled to air it.

SW Construction
22-Jan-09, 14:17
I would be VERY wary of any business operating speculatively like this, whose base appears to be a small rented cottage.

SW Construction are our agents and where they live or how they live is neither here nor there and certainly none of our business and we would suggest none of any ones business unless they wish to purchase one of our lodges which by the way are all sold, what is our business and concern is the defamatory and libellous remark that we and SW Construction are crooks this coming from and individual who has no idea who we are or where we are located.

Boozeburglar
22-Jan-09, 14:37
SW Construction are our agents and where they live or how they live is neither here nor there and certainly none of our business and we would suggest none of any ones business unless they wish to purchase one of our lodges which by the way are all sold, what is our business and concern is the defamatory and libellous remark that we and SW Construction are crooks this coming from and individual who has no idea who we are or where we are located.

Why are you calling yourself SW Construction on the message board and then claiming you are a separate entity?

Scout
22-Jan-09, 14:40
Welcome to the friendly folks of the border s have you heard that saying well it is like Loch Ness monster a myth and that is a fact :lol:

SW Construction
22-Jan-09, 14:42
well SW Construction. I have not said anything sladerous regarding you or your venture i would like to point out what was posted was my opinion you seem to be protesting a bit to much. as said before let buyer beware If i were going to spend that amount of money I would do my homework on who was selling who was building and the local area etc etc having looked at what other people have said and checking a few things for myself it is NOT something /I would invest in that said there may well be other people willing to.
You may be correct in all the things you say however there are way to many flags waving to tempt a prudent investor.

I quite agree and we are only replying to comments made and not protesting at all as we have no reason to protest only to comment on remarks made by some individuals that we are crooks etc as we recall we thanked you for your constructive comments although
you seem to have wandered from your first comment
#5 I could rent out my new shed for a lot less than that
#45 I have nothing against wooden lodges and think if done well would enhance an are however I do think the price is excessive for a structure you can't live in all year, would need more upkeep than a traditional built and more importantly in the current economic situation for me I would be looking for bricks and mortar and at present thie is a lot of choice within that buget range.
that said I wish you luck
Our reply Thanks for your constructive comments
#60 As with everything else the seller only ever points out the good part of what he is selling they never point out the bad. ask every estate agent in the country. anyone who buys that do not do their homework on the area and check things out for themself kinda deserve what they get especially paying that amount of money for a posh shed on a bog.
but as they say theres one born every minute
Our Reply We are not Estate Agents and the clients who have purchased these are only buying as an investment to let out for holiday lets. I don’t know of many posh sheds that are built to full building regs, fully double glazed, fully insulated, fully furnished and standing in fully landscaped grounds, before you say landscaped in a bog look at the properties there now with their fully landscaped gardens, trees, flowers, shrubs, and very green lawns.
#68 well SW Construction. I have not said anything sladerous regarding you or your venture i would like to point out what was posted was my opinion you seem to be protesting a bit to much. as said before let buyer beware If i were going to spend that amount of money I would do my homework on who was selling who was building and the local area etc etc having looked at what other people have said and checking a few things for myself it is NOT something /I would invest in that said there may well be other people willing to.
We seam to have mislaid a comment where we stated that you have made a defamatory remark, we have taken your constructive opinions on board and answered with our opinions and more importantly facts. I to would do my home work on parting with any monies and I am sure our clients have and as stated they will not be parting with large amounts of cash until completion

COACHMAN
22-Jan-09, 14:50

Well Said:lol:

Countryman
22-Jan-09, 15:12
SW Construction who are you are you,you claim on the message board you are a separate entity. The one posting comments does not seem to be the "sole trader" but someone else who owns to property - Who applied for the planning ,SWC or you who ever you are. The mystery continues.

JNMWick
22-Jan-09, 15:25
I think it is terrible that when someone tries to make something happen in their lives for them or their family, be it a buisness venture or any other form of venture, people on this forum waste no time in putting them down.

Some of you people might think that because it is not illegaly slanderous that it doesn't matter. It certainly is not moraley correct!!

People in this area complain the whole time about nothing happening and whenever something does everyone wastes no tim in shooting it down. It's outrageous!!

I for one support SW Construction and wish them all the best!!

To all the people on here posting the slanderous rubbish above. I suggest you get off the couch, put your laptop away and do something constructive with your lives. If you did maybe things would start happening in Caithness!!

JNMWick
22-Jan-09, 15:44
No reply's??
I think I hit a nerve with some people!
Says it all really.

SW Construction
22-Jan-09, 16:01
No reply's??
I think I hit a nerve with some people!
Says it all really.

We will reply thank you very much you have restored our faith in Scotland
all the best

SW Construction
22-Jan-09, 16:09
SW Construction who are you are you,you claim on the message board you are a separate entity. The one posting comments does not seem to be the "sole trader" but someone else who owns to property - Who applied for the planning ,SWC or you who ever you are. The mystery continues.

Correct we are as owners of the site posting the replys on behalf of our agents SW Construction. no mystery.

SW Construction
22-Jan-09, 16:20
Just to let you know due to the time consuming efforts replying to these comments and pressing work commitments this will be the last reply about this matter from us and SW Construction, We don’t want you to think that we have gone away because we haven’t just haven’t the time for any more wasted time answering these comments, So please chat amongst yourselves but rest assured the site will be completed with or without any ones false and unfounded comments. Once again we thank all the people who have made supportive comments

sandyr
22-Jan-09, 16:30
It seems that posts on Caithness.org get side tracked by personal vendettas or people 'slagging' one another.
Surely there should be some courtesy, and if there appears to be a serious problem with what someone is doing, there are the appropriate Authorities to report same to.
I enjoy reading about 'things', and find people's posts informative/ helpful/ fun and then I can have my say and perhaps we can educate each other.
I was brought up in Lybster and have traveled, but of course Caithness is home and the people are my people, BUT 'can yeeeee no stop bitching at eech ither'.

And I am not taking sides, but Wooden Chalets are very popular here and when properly insulated, they can withstand the winds and 20/30 below zero. Wooden houses are what people lived in originally and most of Caithness is a bog..........and I can say it and personally know, 'cause about 45 years ago I cleaned a few ditches, and ended up in the bog( once upside down) on the way 'hame frae' the Young Farmer's dances......and the bog saved me from more severe damage and injuries.
Lighten up Guys 'and GURLS' ................................

Thumper
22-Jan-09, 16:30
A few years ago I looked into building a "logcabin" they are lovely,easy on the eye and very warm but they are expensive,if memory serves me it was around £90,000 just to buy the "kit" so the price really isnt so bad considering that you get it ready built.It is going to be a holiday home,most probably for those of us who can afford it,and it is better than some company building a whole lot of cabins and using them as timeshares!I had a timeshare(back in my other rich life) and they are expensive and also have such a turnaround of guests that perhaps somewhere like Dunnet head would be destroyed by the extra activity but for a few of these to be built and used as and when by one family I cant see a problem?As for whether or not the company are crooks or whatever what has that got to do with us one way or the other?That is a matter for the buyer to consider not joe public really isnt it?

sandyr
22-Jan-09, 21:54
Wow Thumper... These are quite the pics...Different types of Bunnys!!!

r.rackstraw
23-Jan-09, 18:23
If what I have been told is correct, the owners of these lodges will have more to worry about than being blown off Dunnet Head by the wind. They might find that they are illegally occupying crofting land and that other people have grazing rights on their 'landscaped' gardens!
Apparently generations of Dunnet crofters used this ground as common grazing. The new landowner wanted them off. The crofters were no match for his lawyers and they just stopped using the ground.
Yes really! I thought these things only happened in the 19th century but apparently this was about 20 years ago!
The lodge owners should look carefully at their title to the ground. There are gey few crofters in Dunnet now but a new generation might challenge the injustices of the past.

cuthill
24-Jan-09, 19:18
Ditto - I enjoy the forum,reading what all the Caithness people have to say but lately quite a lot of subjects end in Arguements.I praise this site down south and my daughter is trying to get someone to start one down near Edinburgh as she loves this site to.So come on all lighten up a bit

hotrod4
25-Jan-09, 09:35
Ditto - I enjoy the forum,reading what all the Caithness people have to say but lately quite a lot of subjects end in Arguements.I praise this site down south and my daughter is trying to get someone to start one down near Edinburgh as she loves this site to.So come on all lighten up a bit
Debate is good though isnt it?
If everyone agreed there would be no point in having a forum,we'd all be too busy slapping each other on the back!![lol]

joxville
25-Jan-09, 10:27
Debate is good though isnt it?
If everyone agreed there would be no point in having a forum,we'd all be too busy slapping each other on the back!![lol]

As opposed to stabbing.........[lol]

hotrod4
25-Jan-09, 10:34
As opposed to stabbing.........[lol]
Stabbing is good!!;) Unless your the one getting stabbed that is!![lol]

Welcomefamily
25-Jan-09, 11:21
Having lived on the west side of Dunnet Head for a numbers of years, and have walked with wellington boots on over the piece of moor land which we looked at as well, it has lovely views towards St John Loch.

However I thought the land in front of it was up for sale and is designated an area where planning is likely to be given and the planning line would allow for a two storey property, I think the piece of land was up for sale on Caithness.org property.

It is an incredible windy area, you dont need to dig out bedding plants at the end of the season, you turn a wheel barrow on its side, chain it to the fence and wait for high winds. Next morning tip the bedding plants and wheel barrow up right and dispose of.

Best of luck with the lodges.

Penelope Pitstop
25-Jan-09, 11:30
Stabbing is good!!;) Unless your the one getting stabbed that is!![lol]

..........:(

Scout
25-Jan-09, 12:31
Please can any one tell me were in Caithness is it not windy? :lol:

hotrod4
25-Jan-09, 12:31
..........:(
thats in a literry sense by the way!!!! I dont endorse violence![lol]

Mik.M.
25-Jan-09, 12:59
INDOORS OF COURSE !!!!!:lol::lol:

Tugmistress
25-Jan-09, 13:38
Originally Posted by Scout

INDOORS OF COURSE !!!!!:lol::lol:

unless you've had too many baked beans and fried onions mik!