PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Good To Eat In Thurso?

Gizmo
16-Jan-09, 16:21
Mods, can you leave this posted here for the next hour as i'd like as many people as possible to see it before i leave, thanks.

Mrs Giz wants to go bowling for her birthday today and we will need to find somewhere good to eat, a gun to my head couldn't get me to eat at the All Star Factory so can anyone suggest somewhere good that won't break the bank?

Ta very much :)

Bobinovich
16-Jan-09, 16:23
Well I've recently been praising up the YNot - very tasty fare :D

Thumper
16-Jan-09, 16:24
The bistro is nice,but can be pricey depending on what you order.I hear the pavillion is good but not sure if they are open early evening?If you want cheap and cheerful and tasty you cant beat Robins...honest!Oh and the red pepper is good too.or was the last time I was there,but thats a few months ago now.YNot is great too x

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Jan-09, 16:25
Mods, can you leave this posted here for the next hour as i'd like as many people as possible to see it before i leave, thanks.

Mrs Giz wants to go bowling for her birthday today and we will need to find somewhere good to eat, a gun to my head couldn't get me to eat at the All Star Factory

Ta very much :)

You, too, huh?

poppett
16-Jan-09, 16:27
Have had some good bar meals in the Royal Hotel, Red Pepper in the Holborn has had lots of good reports, and the Y-not is good value for money and easy to park near.

Have a lovely night.

Gizmo
16-Jan-09, 16:29
Well I've recently been praising up the YNot - very tasty fare :D

Where about is that?, can't say i've heard of it before.

Aaldtimer
16-Jan-09, 16:45
Where about is that?, can't say i've heard of it before.
It used to be the Redwood, it's down by the Co-op.:D

skinnydog
16-Jan-09, 16:46
Red Pepper, Bistro, Y-Not and sit in at Charlie Chan's Chinese.

In no order, they are all really good.

Goldie
16-Jan-09, 16:51
The Bistro is lovely - fair range in price - you can eat in there for as little as about £5 per head (heads are not to tasty this month though :lol:) or you can push the boat out of a lot more. The meal sizes are good too.

The Bistro is in the High Street near the Lloyds Bank and the Ynot is at the beside the Co-op and has it's own car park. Never been there before.

Happy Birthday to Mrs Giz - have fun.

My choice would be the Bistro - don't be put off if they have the evening menu out which maybe more expensive - you can ask for the day menu.

You could have a look in at the Bistro and if no good you can walk down beside M & Co (just beside the Bisrto) and you will be at the YNot.

Have fun.

flowertot
16-Jan-09, 16:58
What about the new place down at the beach front it's excellent. Been there couple of times now and can't fault it.

Kodiak
16-Jan-09, 17:04
I suggest the "Park Hotel". Last time I was there it was great, good fast friendly service and the food was excellent. :D

cemmts
16-Jan-09, 17:09
Bistro would get my vote was in for a hotchoc and prawn sandwich ;) Has been really good everytime.

Valerie Campbell
16-Jan-09, 17:24
Gizmo, you'll have to pass on the Orgers' birthday wishes to Mrs Giz. Think the Bistro is the place to go. Have a great time and I hope she's been spoiled...

twiglet
16-Jan-09, 17:34
The Y-not is good. I wouldn't eat in the Holborn anymore :( The Pentland is also good for a lunch time and won't break the bank.

joxville
16-Jan-09, 17:36
My ex-mother-in-law is a brilliant cook.........although I doubt if she'd be pleased at you turning up at her hoose. Dinna tell her Joe sent ye if ye dae go. [lol]

A9RUNNER
16-Jan-09, 17:55
I would pick any of the following

Indian Palace
Red Pepper
Y Not
Charlie Chans
Bistro.

Hope you enjoy where ever you go

devil's sidekick
20-Jan-09, 21:24
Y-Not is excellent

dblonde
20-Jan-09, 21:51
Red Pepper, new chef who previously worked at Ackergill Tower!

Skerries
21-Jan-09, 08:09
The Indian Palace and the Bistro are both good. :)