PDA

View Full Version : camster wind farm

landy
16-Jan-09, 14:17
is it me or have i missed the "public consultation" for this wind farm???the first i know is my neighbour crowing to me that he has planning for his 25 turbines and so his pension is guarrenteed ,then i unfold my groat to be slapped in the face with the passing of planning for said wind farm!what is going on?do we not have a voice or oppinion on the excessive turbines that seem to be spreading like the pox over our beautiful caithness??it all seems very cloak and dagger,"if your names not down ,you dont count".with the rumster application we all,as local residents,were asked very nicely pass our vote to the commitee.the againsts failed with this plan,but at least we were asked and....listened to!so what has gone on this time?can anyone guide me and how can i try to voice my opposition,esp as i am going to be 'its'neighbour!please help!!

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Jan-09, 14:33
Caithness was sold out long ago. Expect more.

anneoctober
16-Jan-09, 15:08
is it me or have i missed the "public consultation" for this wind farm???the first i know is my neighbour crowing to me that he has planning for his 25 turbines and so his pension is guarrenteed ,then i unfold my groat to be slapped in the face with the passing of planning for said wind farm!what is going on?do we not have a voice or oppinion on the excessive turbines that seem to be spreading like the pox over our beautiful caithness??it all seems very cloak and dagger,"if your names not down ,you dont count".with the rumster application we all,as local residents,were asked very nicely pass our vote to the commitee.the againsts failed with this plan,but at least we were asked and....listened to!so what has gone on this time?can anyone guide me and how can i try to voice my opposition,esp as i am going to be 'its'neighbour!please help!!
have pm'd you . :)

olivia
16-Jan-09, 15:17
Oh dear landy, I'm afraid you are miles behind with this one and I'm sure too late. These applications are always advertised in the local paper and have a 28 day objection period for you to write in and express your opinions on any development. Also, your councillors are the perfect people to write to as they ultimately will decide the outcome of the application (unless it is a massive one like Spittal when it is decided by the Government).

There is a very useful website run by Caithness Windfarm Information Forum (CWIF) at www.caithnesswindfarms.co.uk (http://www.caithnesswindfarms.co.uk) where you can find all the latest info on proposals, news etc. for Caithness and further afield. Also www.spittalwindfarmopposition.co.uk (http://www.spittalwindfarmopposition.co.uk) which is specifically about the Spittal Hill proposal.

Its not too late for anyone to object to the likes of Spittal, Durran etc. etc. just go to the websites above for facilities to do just that.

landy
16-Jan-09, 16:04
thanks guys for you words.i did log a formal objection on line for this plan and received a letter to say i would be informed of a date of meeting so i could be heared but have not recieved any notification at all.my neighbour recieved a letter saying the meeting for the 17 dec 08 had been cancelled and he is still waiting for its new date!all seems very strange and being pushed through???

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Jan-09, 16:26
thanks guys for you words.i did log a formal objection on line for this plan and received a letter to say i would be informed of a date of meeting so i could be heared but have not recieved any notification at all.my neighbour recieved a letter saying the meeting for the 17 dec 08 had been cancelled and he is still waiting for its new date!all seems very strange and being pushed through???

As I said, Caithness has been sold off to the wind farms. See how they grow.

fatmaggie9
16-Jan-09, 20:23
[evil] Not that Smith from Wick, as usual, had lot to say -nin favour natuarly. The blokes an all round 'expert' being involved with CHP debacle,Asda in Thurso etc etc.

With the amount of hot air that issues from him we really must be having a global warming problem - please, please keep him away from the Pentland Firth tide power project!

We have more than our share of wind generators spoiling our once great landscapes but the people whom our council are supposed to represent are ignored & lied to as usual:~(

sandyr
16-Jan-09, 22:55
Hi,
As always am reading posts on here and I like to think I can see the pros and cons on the subjects, but sometimes it's the sign on names that tickle me....................
And from the 'Top of the Road'.............Gosh this reminds me so much of growing up in Lybster........So cute!!!!!!

badger
16-Jan-09, 23:10

A friend of mine is in a similar situation - not told the date of the hearing and missed it even though he wanted to speak. He is complaining to the Planning Dept in Inverness so perhaps that's what you should do. I knew about it because someone else I know did receive a letter but it seems many people did not. Once I knew it was happening I looked on the Council website but it wasn't listed even there until last Friday. Looks like a last minute decision to hold it.

If enough people complain maybe something will be done - who knows?

ywindythesecond
17-Jan-09, 01:54

Hi landy.
There are fairly strict rules that apply to planning hearings. I know from my own experience that having objected to an application, I get an acknowledgement from Highland Council, and it tells me to register my intention to speak at the Hearing within a certain period, and if I don’t, I won’t be informed of the Hearing and I won’t be allowed to address it.
I always intend to reply and frequently forget to, so I don’t get a letter, and I have no right to speak. My fault. Lesson to me is reply as soon as you get the letter.
Did you do all the right things?

MadPict
22-Jan-09, 13:17
Your voice can make a difference...

A major scheme to build a controversial wind farm in Norfolk has been rejected by a council.

More than 300 people have objected and only five were in favour of the 19 wind turbines near Marshland St James.

Councillors from King's Lynn and West Norfolk debated the plans on 21 January before unanimously rejecting them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7843719.stm

http://www.flat-group.co.uk/

sandyr
23-Jan-09, 02:11
What can we do for future energy?
Windfarm people don't want Nuke. Nukes don't want wind farms. Coal burners dont' want Nuke or Solar, etc., etc.,etc., and this whole thing goes on and on. Is there no consensus on what we should do.
Generally the whole World is the same. No one is happy with anything....So where do we go.
In Western Canada we have the Tar Sands...but we are warming the planet up. We are using natural gas to heat the water to produce the steam to un-solidify(my word) the bitumen. So now we are into Global Warming........
Then they are planning to erect several dozen wind mills out in Lake Ontario...length 140 miles by approx 40 miles. They will likely be out of site but again there are demonstrations..Do we just complain and demonstrate as we have too much time on our hands, or are wanting to get our names in the paper or what????
Just a thought.........Oh....a final word... Millions of Pounds/ $'s are spent on Enironmental Assessments and then when everything is set to go, we get the demonstrations and the injunctions, and it ends up that the people who are looking for employment are out of work and the Police, who had absolutely nothing to do with anything get the >>>>,<<<< beaten out of them for nothing.....Am I correct???
Food for thought!