PDA

View Full Version : Name for the .org pub

laguna2
16-Jan-09, 08:56
Someone who wishes to remain nameless (wifie actually) has suggested that a name is adopted for our pub.

So, any suggestions? Keep 'em clean and printable!

laguna2
16-Jan-09, 12:58
OK I'll start it ...

The Furious Ferret

:D

teenybash
16-Jan-09, 13:31
The Funny Fiddler.
The Jolly Cauldron.
The Whacky Whippet.

[lol][lol]

Anne x
16-Jan-09, 14:14
The Orgers Arms :roll:
The Orgers Rest :eek:
The Orgers Snug

teenybash
16-Jan-09, 16:23
The Happy House.
The Dancing Duck.
The Potty Parrot.

golach
16-Jan-09, 20:05
The Fursty Ferret

laguna2
21-Jan-09, 11:38
That's a good one golach!

.... Orger's Retreat ............

teenybash
21-Jan-09, 14:16
Hands up all those who think the org pub should be named THE FURSTY FERRET........my hand is up...........:Razz

laguna2
21-Jan-09, 15:04
My hand is up too Teeny :D

teenybash
22-Jan-09, 22:25
So I guess it's The Fursty Ferret Pub...........is there to be a naming cermony maybe a bit like launching a ship or a baptism, except it wouldn,t be a babies head being wetted.................:Razz

golach
22-Jan-09, 22:34
Sorry folks, I was being silly, that is a registered trade mark for an authentic beer

http://www.hall-woodhouse.co.uk/beers/badgerales/furstyferret.asp

Will have to try again :(

teenybash
22-Jan-09, 22:39
Aargh......Golach and here was us thinking how great it was....oh well back to the drawing board......:)

golach
22-Jan-09, 22:44
Laguna's Hideaway?[lol]

brokencross
23-Jan-09, 08:03
The Talking Shop
The Voice of Reason
The Silly B'Orger

laguna2
23-Jan-09, 08:47
Sorry folks, I was being silly, that is a registered trade mark for an authentic beer

http://www.hall-woodhouse.co.uk/beers/badgerales/furstyferret.asp

Will have to try again :(

:confused ... and here was us thinking that you had come up with a brilliant name all on your own! *sigh*

laguna2
23-Jan-09, 08:48
Golach's Gaff :lol:

laguna2
23-Jan-09, 08:49
The Talking Shop
The Voice of Reason
The Silly B'Orger

Voice of Reason? Here? On the Org? [lol][lol][lol]

2little2late
24-Jan-09, 01:56
How about,
The Rumour Mill, (After all this is where most rumours start).
The Forum,
The Moderator's Arms,

golach
24-Jan-09, 09:34
Why not just call it the "Pub" ?

daviddd
24-Jan-09, 09:44
Orger's Folly
Orger's Arms
Orger and Whippet
The 'Orrible Orger
The Orger's Escape
The Cheesy Chatroom

....je ne sais quoi...inspiration evades this morning lol.

laguna2
24-Jan-09, 09:45
Why not just call it the "Pub" ?

Everyone in favour of calling it "The Pub" say AYE

AYE!!!

brokencross
24-Jan-09, 09:55
........nay

joxville
01-Feb-09, 13:29
The Creepin Inn (we've all done it after a late session)
The Library (good excuse to get out the house-"I'm just off to the library dear") [lol]

laguna2
05-Feb-09, 09:19
Do you think we should perhaps have a vote ... who can create a poll for us with the suggestions so far?

wifie
05-Feb-09, 11:18
Someone who wishes to remain nameless (wifie actually) has suggested that a name is adopted for our pub.

So, any suggestions? Keep 'em clean and printable!

I did not suggest that the pub got a name!!! (Well I don't think I did! :confused)

laguna2
05-Feb-09, 11:53
I did not suggest that the pub got a name!!! (Well I don't think I did! :confused)

Oh yes you did!!!!!!!!

teenybash
05-Feb-09, 13:24

I bet you did tho' an' just forgot........ so you need to get the poll going....;)

laguna2
05-Feb-09, 15:11
I bet you did tho' an' just forgot........ so you need to get the poll going....;)

You are so right teeny .. she has just forgotten. Personally I think it is an age thing ;)

teenybash
05-Feb-09, 15:18
You are so right teeny .. she has just forgotten. Personally I think it is an age thing ;)

Think you're right............but, maybe the age on the bottle that she had a wee snifter from..........[lol]

daviddd
05-Feb-09, 21:29
ooooh girls, stop it!! Handbags at 10 paces (5 if yer eyesight's noo good)

wifie
05-Feb-09, 21:45
I am treating them wi the contempt they deserve!

laguna2
06-Feb-09, 14:12
You're no treatin' us at all ... Teeny, did you get a treat from wifie?

golach
06-Feb-09, 15:44
Laguna your right, I never got any Treats from wifie either, I dinna like them sweeties[lol]

Anne x
07-Feb-09, 01:06
The Pub is good I think

golach
07-Feb-09, 01:11
THE Pub.......Anne

Anne x
07-Feb-09, 01:15
The Pub is fine

teenybash
08-Feb-09, 00:48
You're no treatin' us at all ... Teeny, did you get a treat from wifie?

Nope never got a treat either from wifie............mind you I have never heard of treats called contempt..... Maybe they're a new kind of chocolate...must go to the sweetie shop tomorrow and ask.:confused

laguna2
09-Feb-09, 16:21
Nope never got a treat either from wifie............mind you I have never heard of treats called contempt..... Maybe they're a new kind of chocolate...must go to the sweetie shop tomorrow and ask.:confused

Are Contempts milk or dark chocolate?

teenybash
12-Feb-09, 21:23
The sweetie shop had never heard of them, sooooooo I am thinking it must be a Cocktail called Contempt. I think Wifie should treat us all to one................;)

joxville
13-Feb-09, 00:33
I still think we should have a name for the pub. I'm thinking we should honour one of it's longest serving patron's and name it after him. How about The Gol and Bladder? [lol]

laguna2
16-Feb-09, 17:19
Not sure what our long serving patron will think of that! How about the Pub?

teenybash
16-Feb-09, 17:22
I agree....The Pub......no need for fancy sounding names afterall there is only one pub on the org!!!!!:eek:

laguna2
16-Feb-09, 17:23
OK Teeny, we need to get the rest of the troops to agree and then we can have a brand new sign made and have a party to unveil it!!!!!!

Who should we ask to do the honours?

teenybash
18-Feb-09, 14:31
Now there's a question...... should we go for a celeb.....someone from the sporting world....a politician.or someone ordinary.what do you think???
Either way there will be a fabulous party for us all.....everything free.:)

Mik.M.
21-Feb-09, 22:02
The Creepin Inn (we've all done it after a late session)
The Library (good excuse to get out the house-"I'm just off to the library dear") [lol]
We had a night club called The Library in Dartford,it`s part of Zen.

laguna2
02-Mar-09, 09:10
.. what about asking one of our senior org members teeny. That may lend some dignity to the proceedings .... at least until the free booze starts flowing!

teenybash
02-Mar-09, 11:48
.. what about asking one of our senior org members teeny. That may lend some dignity to the proceedings .... at least until the free booze starts flowing!

Now there's a very good idea..............The oldest I know of is Oldmarine or is it Auldmarine.............Maybe you could put a list together of our dignified orgers..................of course my name won't be included nor yours...not reached the rank of senior...yet!![lol]

laguna2
02-Mar-09, 13:09
Now there's a very good idea..............The oldest I know of is Oldmarine or is it Auldmarine.............Maybe you could put a list together of our dignified orgers..................of course my name won't be included nor yours...not reached the rank of senior...yet!![lol]

Ok so we have Old (or is it Auld) Marine
Golach (he would be my favourite)
any more suggestions?

teenybash
02-Mar-09, 14:08
Golach...............has a ring of importance, authority and someone who has a natural flair for public events.................of course the reality might be quite different ;) I think he is the very one to do The Pub honours.....now we just have to convince him.......Maybe you could approach him Laguna...you are probably better with words than me.:confused

laguna2
02-Mar-09, 22:23
OK Golach ... we have a favour to ask ... and you can't say no ... please officiate at the opening of the .org pub ... dress is optional (no, I mean you don't have to dress up fancy NOT that you don't have to dress at all!!). You name the time and the day and Teeny and I will organise the decorations etc.

joxville
02-Mar-09, 22:26
Excuse me, but this dive pub has been open for three months now! A bit late for an opening night methinks.

You're just trying to upstage my nightclub's Grand Opening, which will be attended by A-list celebs and the who's who of the business world. In fact, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were fighting to see who stays at home with the kids, such is the importance of being seen at my place.

teenybash
03-Mar-09, 00:09
Excuse me, but this dive pub has been open for three months now! A bit late for an opening night methinks.

You're just trying to upstage my nightclub's Grand Opening, which will be attended by A-list celebs and the who's who of the business world. In fact, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were fighting to see who stays at home with the kids, such is the importance of being seen at my place.

No doubt we shall visit your establishment from time to time and enjoy the company therein........but there will always be the good old Pub when you've had enough of the razzamatazz.......;)

laguna2
03-Mar-09, 08:54

What you forgot to explain is that Angelina and Brad were fighting for the priviledge of staying at home ... loser went out! :lol:

You could always ask wifie if she has space in her diary when she can do the opening for you ...

joxville
03-Mar-09, 09:02
What you forgot to explain is that Angelina and Brad were fighting for the priviledge of staying at home ... loser went out! :lol:

You could always ask wifie if she has space in her diary when she can do the opening for you ...
1. Sour grapes doesn't suit you
2. Wifie would go to the opening of a bag of chips. I'm having Brit awards winner, Duffy, to do the Grand Opening.

laguna2
03-Mar-09, 15:36
1. Sour grapes doesn't suit you
2. Wifie would go to the opening of a bag of chips. I'm having Brit awards winner, Duffy, to do the Grand Opening.

CORRECTION .... wifie would not go to the opening of a bag of crisps ... now if it was a bag of scones that would be different :lol:

;)

golach
03-Mar-09, 15:56
OK Golach ... we have a favour to ask ... and you can't say no ... please officiate at the opening of the .org pub ... dress is optional (no, I mean you don't have to dress up fancy NOT that you don't have to dress at all!!). You name the time and the day and Teeny and I will organise the decorations etc.
Sadly Laguna, I have to decline your kind offer, I am steeping my teeth that night, and I need to get my zimmer MOT'd, getting Go faster stripes put on, to impress, jox's cronies at the other place[lol]

Anne x
03-Mar-09, 16:00
Sadly Laguna, I have to decline your kind offer, I am steeping my teeth that night, and I need to get my zimmer MOT'd, getting Go faster stripes put on, to impress, jox's cronies at the other place[lol]

Lol Golach my best laugh the day

laguna2
05-Mar-09, 13:18
Anyone got any suggestions for someone to open the pub? I asked Princess Anne but she is busy that night - wonder if she is helping golach?

teenybash
05-Mar-09, 15:00
Anyone got any suggestions for someone to open the pub? I asked Princess Anne but she is busy that night - wonder if she is helping golach?

Yes, I can just see them washing their gnashers together.[lol]

Why don't we just open The Pub and invite everyone to join in the fun and leave the celeb stuff to Jox and his nightclub. Maybe have a theme for the opening.Country and Western, Folk, Golden Oldies from the 60's/70's/80's............Let's show the youngsters how to enjoy themselves...:Razz
Of course Wifie could be asked to do the honours and intice her with limitless olives?:confused

golach
05-Mar-09, 15:14
Why don't we just open The Pub and invite everyone to join in the fun and leave the celeb stuff to Jox and his nightclub. Maybe have a theme for the opening.Country and Western, Folk, Golden Oldies from the 60's/70's/80's............Let's show the youngsters how to enjoy themselves...:Razz
A great idea Teenybash, but "celeb's? I dont think so, Jox an his groupies maybe, but remember we have a top of the range Juke Box, and its free [lol]
http://www.bobforrest.com/JukeBox.htm

wifie
05-Mar-09, 16:22
I cannot be enticed by olives! The cheek! :roll:

highlander
05-Mar-09, 17:19
Now look ere you lot, it should be called "Highlander's Arms" lol after all i was the first to pour a drammie to the orger's earrrrrrrrs ago. lol now come on you lot back me up, div yea no mind the wee \-/ drammies highlander gave out lol

laguna2
05-Mar-09, 18:13
I must have missed out on that round!

laguna2
05-Mar-09, 18:15
A great idea Teenybash, but "celeb's? I dont think so, Jox an his groupies maybe, but remember we have a top of the range Juke Box, and its free [lol]
http://www.bobforrest.com/JukeBox.htm

I agree golach ... forgot about the top of the range juke box we have! Just us regulars and friends and the "celebs" can slum it in the night club!

laguna2
05-Mar-09, 18:17
I cannot be enticed by olives! The cheek!

Who are you kiddin' wifie! Of course you can be enticed by olives! :lol: What kind would you like us to buy for the opening night then? ;) Might even splash out and buy a few nice wee scones :)

golach
05-Mar-09, 20:15
div yea no mind the wee \-/ drammies highlander gave out lol
Highlander...'at was the problem, wee drammies \-/, we lek em beeg \~/. quarter gills [lol]

teenybash
05-Mar-09, 20:36
Who are you kiddin' wifie! Of course you can be enticed by olives! :lol: What kind would you like us to buy for the opening night then? ;) Might even splash out and buy a few nice wee scones :)

We'll have the olives specially flown in from the finest olive groves and I'll even treat you to a batch of my delicious home made scones....how will that do.......is that enough enticement..................

laguna2
06-Mar-09, 08:40
We'll have the olives specially flown in from the finest olive groves and I'll even treat you to a batch of my delicious home made scones....how will that do.......is that enough enticement..................

Oooo Teeny, no answer from wifie! Surely she has not been enticed away by offers of celeb guests ...... :cry:

Wifie - we will even provide jam and cream for your scones [para]