PDA

View Full Version : whats the best accent.......

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 21:25
Earlier post was what was the worst accent"? well now i want to ken yer favourite sounding accent. Mine are

1.Geordie
2.Aberdonian
3.Wick of course:grin: :grin:

misty woman
04-Feb-06, 21:32
I just love an irish accent.I could listen to it all day.

pedromcgrory
04-Feb-06, 21:39
well my kids have been in newcastle for just over a year ,and i find it really hard to understand them now ,but not to worry im off to newcastle on monday to see them cant wait

Bingobabe
04-Feb-06, 21:41
Mr Bear ,I love your accent but arent you meant to be hibernating????

krieve
04-Feb-06, 22:16
The Orcadian accent

angela5
04-Feb-06, 22:43
Aberdonian and wick of course:D

Saveman
04-Feb-06, 23:36
Orkney accent is quite cool......Welsh accent makes me laugh in a good way....Yorkshire is the easist to parody :lol:

cuddlepop
04-Feb-06, 23:43
There is something so sexy about an Irish accent.:lol:

devon lass
04-Feb-06, 23:45
I love the Scottish accent.I come from Plymouth in Devon and since living up here people say they like my accent.

angela5
04-Feb-06, 23:51
There is something so sexy about an Irish accent.:lol:

That will be the Westlife boys..[lol]

rich62_uk
04-Feb-06, 23:58
I cant choose a particular accent but voices I can...
Patrick Stewart
Sean Connery
My Husband
Patrick Swayze
Clint Eastwood
The theme seems to be men from the "older generation" better stop......Trish.:lol:

cuddlepop
04-Feb-06, 23:59
Oh if Iwas only 10years younger there gorgeous:lol:

angela5
05-Feb-06, 00:04
Oh if Iwas only 10years younger there gorgeous:lol:

Age is nothing cuddlepop[lol]

coastown
05-Feb-06, 00:09
Cant Beat The Geordie Accent

angela5
05-Feb-06, 00:11
Cant Beat The Geordie Accent

I used to work with a girl who had a geordie accent i loved it.:o)

spiggie
05-Feb-06, 01:09
Irish oh and Australian i could listen to them speak allllllll day long! lol
I also like the newcastle accent :)

Fran
05-Feb-06, 01:48
Earlier post was what was the worst accent"? well now i want to ken yer favourite sounding accent. Mine are

1.Geordie
2.Aberdonian
3.Wick of course:grin: :grin:
My favourite are....1. geordie......2.cockney......3.spannish

Whitewater
05-Feb-06, 12:10
I like the Inverness accent, also Irish and Australian. It goes without saying that Caithness is of course the best.

scotsboy
05-Feb-06, 14:58
New York...anyways, I also like the Ulster accent but am not so keen on Southern Irish tones.

brandy
05-Feb-06, 15:13
oh gawd sean connery.. i melt everytime i hear him!
i use to think that a scottish accent was the sexiest ever
but after hearing it day in and out.. it just becomes normal! *shudders* but my family love to hear hubby gab!
love the irish!
and soft and lyrical.. accent.. and jsut something about greek.. i go into puddles when i hear greek men speaking!

DrSzin
05-Feb-06, 15:28
Isn't humanity wonderful? Brandy likes to hear Greek men talk, but I think Greek women tend to sound rather harsh. I could listen to most (Southern) Irish or Hungarian women speak all day. For me the voice is more important than the accent.

brandy
05-Feb-06, 15:42
i agree dr!
in a man i love to hear a very deep rumbling voice like dark choclate... pouring over .. drools.. and looses train of thought..
aheemmm
as for women.. a softly spoken voice that is not shrill.. will lull me every time!

grantyg
05-Feb-06, 16:17
A nice yorkshire one LOL

paris
05-Feb-06, 16:30
Irish oh and Australian i could listen to them speak allllllll day long! lol
I also like the newcastle accent :)

Me to spiggie on the first 2 but the newcastle one i would swap for the welsh. Met a man from sutherland when we lived up in lybster, really good laugh but i had a big problem understanding him. Even worse after a few drinks. LOL

ivy
05-Feb-06, 16:39
:grin:
Me to spiggie on the first 2 but the newcastle one i would swap for the welsh. Met a man from sutherland when we lived up in lybster, really good laugh but i had a big problem understanding him. Even worse after a few drinks. LOL

still prefer the welsh quite like a liverpool one to:o

willowbankbear
06-Feb-06, 00:59
My favourite are....1. geordie......2.cockney......3.spannish

Fran , ma best mate is spanish, ma mam is a geordie, but cockneys aint welcome im afraid

rich62_uk
06-Feb-06, 01:09
Fran , ma best mate is spanish, ma mam is a geordie, but cockneys aint welcome im afraid

:cry: .......Trish.

Sporran
06-Feb-06, 19:57
I like the Bettyhill, Melvich, Brora and Inverness accents. I also like Southern Irish accents and am rather fond of Welsh ones too. I like several English accents - I could listen to actor Nigel Havers all day, for example. Some other actors whose voices and accents I like are:

Anthony Hopkins
Patrick Stewart
Sean Connery
Pierce Brosnan
Roger Moore
Gregory Peck
Cary Grant
James Mason
Sam Neill
Clint Eastwood
Harrison Ford
Charlton Heston
Robert Redford
Richard Chamberlain
Richard Gere
James Earl Jones
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington
Sidney Poitier
Antonio Banderas
Ewan McGregor (especially when he's speaking in his own Crieff, Perthshire accent)

I preferred Mel Gibson's voice when he still sounded Australian, I must admit. I'm also rather partial to Italian accents! :o)

Saveman
06-Feb-06, 20:16
Sam Neill is from Northern Ireland :)

emszxr
06-Feb-06, 20:37
the irish and stornoway accent. listen to them all day

Sporran
06-Feb-06, 22:18
Sam Neill is from Northern Ireland :)

He was born there, but moved to New Zealand when he was 7 years old! :p
You can read about it here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000554/bio

When I first heard him before his role in Jurassic Park, I thought he was English, to be perfectly honest!

I forgot to add actor Colin Firth to my previous list of favourite voices and accents. Also Magnus Magnusson, whom I realise was born in Iceland, but grew up in Edinburgh.

airdlass
06-Feb-06, 23:34
I love listening to the accent from the Western Isles,Orkney and of course Caithness.

ice box
06-Feb-06, 23:41
Oh has to be the orcadians .

DrSzin
08-Feb-06, 02:47
as for women.. a softly spoken voice that is not shrill.. will lull me every time!Me too.

And a softly-spoken voice in a sexy Wick accent is the best of all. Mmmmmmm nice...

Sporran
08-Feb-06, 19:41
A lot of people have told me that I have a soft, soothing voice. :)

My accent's a bit of a mixture, though. Over the past year, some Americans have asked if I'm English or Irish, and some get it right, and ask if I'm from Scotland. Usually it's the ones who have been there that get it right. For those that haven't, I often get asked "Where's your Scottish brogue, then?" I explain that I never did have a broad Scottish brogue, as I was brought up in Thurso, where accents from all over the UK have flourished since the mid 1950s. :cool:

skaterboy
09-Feb-06, 12:25
The Kintyre accent for me!!

katarina
09-Feb-06, 12:28
I love listening to the accent from the Western Isles,Orkney and of course Caithness.

I know a man from orkney and I can't understand a word he says! Mind you he does come from Papawestray, so maybe they are a bit more broad then in Kirkwall.