PDA

View Full Version : Flu question...

Julia
14-Jan-09, 22:50
As the flu is doing the rounds at the moment I was just wondering if anyone who's had this year's flu jab has been unfortunate enough to catch it?

kitty kat
15-Jan-09, 00:28
had my jab and no flu for me

touch wood

Kodiak
15-Jan-09, 00:30
I had my Flu Jab end of last September, so far no sign of any Flu Symptoms and long may it stay that way.

Fran
15-Jan-09, 00:56
Had my jab and had flu. Last year didn't have my jab and had pneumoia, so I'm sure my flu wasn't too bad as i had the jab, but i still had to go to hospital two weeks ago for antibiotics and an inhaler.

dirdyweeker
15-Jan-09, 01:28
Had no jab and had no flu. Perhaps I have spoken too soon!

ar1ling
15-Jan-09, 02:18
never taken any flu jab. i got slightly symptoms of flu like sore throat two weeks ago, but it gone after i put my big coat on and downed a lot of hot water.:D
I had my Flu Jab end of last September, so far no sign of any Flu Symptoms and long may it stay that way.

Kodiak
15-Jan-09, 02:26
never taken any flu jab. i got slightly symptoms of flu like sore throat two weeks ago, but it gone after i put my big coat on and downed a lot of hot water.:D

Believe you me if you had breathing troubles, also being a Diabetic, then on top of that having a Congestive Heart Disease Like I have, you would take anything that might help you stop getting the Flu.

If I catch it it sould very well be the last thing I catch. Thank you lucky stars that you do not need to have a Flu Injection.

slinky
15-Jan-09, 02:35
had mine no flu

ar1ling
15-Jan-09, 03:03
sorry to hear about all your health troubles, i will pray to keep the flu away from you,kodiak. take care yourself.
Believe you me if you had breathing troubles, also being a Diabetic, then on top of that having a Congestive Heart Disease Like I have, you would take anything that might help you stop getting the Flu.

If I catch it it sould very well be the last thing I catch. Thank you lucky stars that you do not need to have a Flu Injection.

binbob
15-Jan-09, 11:22
thank god ..no flu for me ....always have the jab with no ill effects.touch wood!!![lol]

Angela
15-Jan-09, 11:50
I had the jab for the first time this year and I certainly haven't had flu so far, but then I don't know anyone who has this winter.

There are loads of pretty nasty lurgies on the go, and I have had a couple of these - but they're not proper flu, which is a much more serious, debilitating, potentially life-threatening, illness.

Unless what I've had has been a very mild flu...and it would have been worse without the jab? :confused It's hard to tell as I have a health condition which means I ache most of the time anyway!

Just very grateful not to have had the real full-on flu thing! :)

golach
15-Jan-09, 12:01
Been having the flu jab for a few years now, with no ill effects. This last week I have had the worst cold ever, its lasted over 10 days, but it is not flu, and it is clearing up.........slowly :(

Dorrie
15-Jan-09, 12:10
Had the jab and no flu. I don't know anyone who has had the flu this winter either. I have a bit of a cold just now but that is all thankfully.

I have had flu once before and all of these people who catch a cold then claim to have flu have obviously never had real flu. It's really nasty.

I hope the bug stays away from us all. :)