PDA

View Full Version : Accents: whats the worst 1 youve ever heard?

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 19:37
I hear quite a lot of different twangs in my line of work some i like some i dont, but what do the folkies on this board think are the worst regional accents?
mine are
1.Birmingham
2.North wales
3.Dundee

brandy
04-Feb-06, 19:59
*cheeky grin* Mine!

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 20:07
You haav a carolina drawl Brandy , I have heard it several times but its not as bad as a brummie

landmarker
04-Feb-06, 20:42
upper class aristocratic plum in the gob pseudo-toffs: like Brian Sewell.

misty woman
04-Feb-06, 21:31
The glasgow accent is definately the worst accent to me.It sounds so very annoying.I just cant stand it.

Bingobabe
04-Feb-06, 21:51
Yes , Weegie is not the best is it? but id say

1.Welsh
2.Middlesboro
3.Bristol

Loafer
04-Feb-06, 22:00
Well if we were all the same, life would be boring, eh?

All regional accents are lovely in their own ways.

The Loafer

Venture
04-Feb-06, 22:31
Must be Roisin in River City on BBC1.

Tugmistress
04-Feb-06, 22:44
personally i find the liverpool accent very naff
a close second though is a really broad brummy accent

2little2late
04-Feb-06, 22:56
Must be Roisin in River City on BBC1.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think it sounds terrible. Don't know if it is supposed to be an Aberdonian accent mixed in with Glaswegian.
Either Glasdonian or Aberwegian.
Worst accent I have ever heard. Even worse than my families Hull accent.

Saveman
04-Feb-06, 23:32
My English bro-in-law trying to do an Irish accent....thats the worst! ;)

rich62_uk
04-Feb-06, 23:40
The South African accent and my Scottish one (I dont try any more) ...... Trish.

spiggie
05-Feb-06, 01:13
Very broad aberdonian, Orcadian and the liverpool accent can be kina annoying no offence to anybody on hrere

DrSzin
05-Feb-06, 02:01
upper class aristocratic plum in the gob pseudo-toffs: like Brian Sewell.If it's a man, I agree. If it's a woman and she has a soft voice, I love it. How do Joanna Lumley or Felicity Kendal grab you?

I dislike Falkirk and Stirling accents -- apologies to anyone from either place.

JAWS
05-Feb-06, 02:14
I can stand any accent in the world except Brummy!

Whitewater
05-Feb-06, 11:32
I don't like the Peterhead accent or around that area of Aberdeenshire. Apologies to the people of that area.

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 14:07
My English bro-in-law trying to do an Irish accent....thats the worst! ;)thats soooo naff, someone trying to talk in a different accent..don't you just feel like slapping him..lol[disgust]

scotsboy
05-Feb-06, 14:54
Wick - no apologies.

coastown
05-Feb-06, 15:03
I Belong The Falkirk Area Before Moving To Caithness. I Have Heard A Lot Worse Accents Than The Bairns (falkirk) Accent Very Friendly Lot.

DrSzin
05-Feb-06, 15:12
I Belong The Falkirk Area Before Moving To Caithness. I Have Heard A Lot Worse Accents Than The Bairns (falkirk) Accent Very Friendly Lot.I've changed my mind. Before I posted, I simply went through the accents of various people I know, and the worst ones were from Falkirk and Stirling. But then I thought of some other people I know from both places, and they have nice accents, so I withdraw my previous statement. Apologies for offending anyone.

coastown
05-Feb-06, 15:16
:lol: THERE WAS NO OFFENCE TAKEN EVERYBODY IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION:grin: :)

scotsboy
05-Feb-06, 15:54
I would like to add Welsh, English West Country and Norfolk.

ivy
05-Feb-06, 16:32
i love the welsh but cant stand dudley think thats how you spell it..:D

willowbankbear
06-Feb-06, 00:52
Scotsboy,ye hav lost it ye kull

WATP