PDA

View Full Version : Mmm Pudding!

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 20:58
Last night my OH made his LOVELY Apple Crumble! Its so addictive i am still pestering him to make me another! But he refuses to budge whilst playin a computer game! :roll:

So what are all of ur favourite puddings???? Just to take my mind off of crumble!!! lol!

(Im not advertising my OH's crumbles either) [lol]

Kodiak
14-Jan-09, 21:07
Bread abd Butter Pudding with a Tinge of Cream is what I Really Like, same goes for Mrs Kodiak. No Rasins though.

OOOps had to change that, my spelling is bad tonight, hehe

Penelope Pitstop
14-Jan-09, 21:08
That's exactly what I was thinking - bread and butter pudding or better still Queen of Puddings with a wee bitty of cream....yummmeeeee.:)

skinnydog
14-Jan-09, 21:29
Profiteroles, trifle, lemon cheesecake, lemon meringue pie, tiramisu, apple crumble, apple pie, bread and butter pudding, meringues with strawberries and cream, anything else? probably.......

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 21:31
Im easily pleased anything as long as it is chocolate!

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 21:38
Profiteroles, trifle, lemon cheesecake, lemon meringue pie, tiramisu, apple crumble, apple pie, bread and butter pudding, meringues with strawberries and cream, anything else? probably.......

Somebody likes pudding as much as i do lol

I can honestly say tho i have never tried bread and butter pudding! :confused

hotrod4
14-Jan-09, 21:48
I love Manchester Tart and also deep fried jam fritter dipped in cinnamon sugar and topped with Creamy Home-made Sauce englaise.This isnt normal pudding this is Hotrods pudding!!!![lol]

skinnydog
14-Jan-09, 21:49
OMG - how could I forget - bannoffee pie???

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 21:53
Cheesecake! Mandarin Cheesecake! YUM! :Razz Chocolate Gateau!! Oh am hungry again!

Arctic Roll.....i just like the sponge! ;)

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 21:59
Arctic Roll.....i just like the sponge! ;)

Im eating Arctic Roll as im typing lol

changilass
14-Jan-09, 22:00
lol Shelley, I have just put a mandarin cheesecake in the fridge to set

hell raizer
14-Jan-09, 22:18
bread and butter pudding and apple crumble will do me fine :D

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 22:24
I love puddings but I dont like cream or custard on the puds. I like mine plain. I dont like icecream and jelly in the same bowl and trifle is just so wrong!

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 22:25

Oh Moonboots...ats no nice at all! Wait til i get u! [lol]

floyed
14-Jan-09, 22:30
Apple crumble, lime cheese cake, banana and ice cream, strawberry jelly and ice cream, chopped banana and custard there is so many i like:D

Julia
14-Jan-09, 22:41

Not a pudding-person then eh!

Arctic roll is the work of the devil [evil], I noticed some on special the other day in Tesco and the sight of it made me cringe.

I love puddings but I dont like cream or custard on the puds. I like mine plain. I dont like icecream and jelly in the same bowl and trifle is just so wrong!

I don't like custard on my pudding either, I like it in a separate bowl only.

I made sherry trifle for New Year's day dinner and it was so yummy!

dirdyweeker
14-Jan-09, 23:24
Mmmmm my mouth is watering here. Creme Brulee for defo and Orkney Fudge cheesecake! Oh how naughty but nice!:)

Alice in Blunderland
14-Jan-09, 23:32
Pear crumble is definately the favourite in this house . :D

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 23:34
Lol Julia i have custard in a seperate bowl too! :D

Im defo gonna make an apple crumbe tomorrow now! :eek: For breakfast lunch and dinner! Oh dear look what i have started! [lol]

Moonboots
15-Jan-09, 11:38
Lol Julia i have custard in a seperate bowl too! :D

Im defo gonna make an apple crumbe tomorrow now! :eek: For breakfast lunch and dinner! Oh dear look what i have started! [lol]

Imagine the weight you would put on then lol...

Banoffee Pie now thats lovely and it on offer in Frasers lol

Might get it today

Dont like cheesecake but hot apple pie and icecream...mmm... my mouth is watering..lol
Trifle.. I can eat a whole one to myself lol

Custard has to be in with it and not seperate... That like having mince and tatties or spag bol but having it on seperate plates lol.

Dorrie
15-Jan-09, 12:20
I'm NOT a bread pudding fan and never have been, but there are loads of puddings that I do enjoy, anything with red berries or meringue for example, and cheesecake, I love cheesecake. :D

There is one strange pudding treat we have from time to time:
Take one slice of bread and fry it until crisp and golden, cover with strawberry jam and top with cream! Mmmmmmmmmmm Heaven (and easy)

ShelleyCowie
15-Jan-09, 12:30
Well today i am determined to make apple crumble. And a jumbo jam tart! Lol! I love puddings! Usually after dinner though i am too full to eat anything, but i always have space left for apple crumble!! :Razz

I love merangues! I was addicted to them for ages...a wee bit o cream on them too!

OMG its 1130 and im dying for pudding!! :lol:

Gizmo
15-Jan-09, 13:29
Well today i am determined to make apple crumble. And a jumbo jam tart! Lol! I love puddings! Usually after dinner though i am too full to eat anything, but i always have space left for apple crumble!! :Razz

I love merangues! I was addicted to them for ages...a wee bit o cream on them too!

OMG its 1130 and im dying for pudding!! :lol:

You're a Pudaholic :lol:

Gizmo
15-Jan-09, 13:35
I never used to eat pudding or have a sweet tooth, but since i stopped drinking i have developed a hell of a sweet tooth and i'm quite partial to puddings now, Hot Custard & Spotted Dick is just the most comforting feed, and a nice Vanilla Cheesecake goes down just lovely as well :D

ShelleyCowie
15-Jan-09, 13:39
Gizmo i am a pudaholic! Lol!

I cant eat anything with raisins or sultanas tho! They make me sick! All i think is rabbit poo!!! lol! But i manage to eat nesquick cereal fine! :lol:

After my cleanin is done i am gonna get started on the puddings! Maybe i should pull myself away from the org again just to get finished!

Addicted to pudding....and the org! [lol]

Gizmo
15-Jan-09, 13:59
Addicted to pudding....and the org! [lol]

Haha...i know what you mean, i have loads of things to be getting on with but can't drag myself away from the laptop and the Org, Mrs Giz turns 30 tomorrow and i need to get a burfty card, but it's cold outside and pissing down rain...and the shops are just sooooo far away :lol:, this couch is soooo comfy and it's nice and toasty inside, do you think she'll be bothered if i don't get a card? :lol:

skinnydog
15-Jan-09, 14:00

Then I remembered, rice pudding, sponge pudding with syrup on the top, semolina, sticky toffee pudding.

The only thing that I haven't tried yet is that Toblerone Cheesecake that everyone is banging on about. Where is the recipe and I will give that a crack too......

Now what is that saying? A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!!

ShelleyCowie
15-Jan-09, 14:03
Haha...i know what you mean, i have loads of things to be getting on with but can't drag myself away from the laptop and the Org, Mrs Giz turns 30 tomorrow and i need to get a burfty card, but it's cold outside and pissing down rain...and the shops are just sooooo far away :lol:, this couch is soooo comfy and it's nice and toasty inside, do you think she'll be bothered if i don't get a card? :lol:

Just make Mrs Gizmo a card! I have done it loads o times! I am terrible for forgetting cards! I will get presents but no card! So i make them! More personal! ;)

Im nice and toasty too....but i know i have to go to the shop at some point to get electricity! or maybe the OH can stop in on his way home from work.....hmmm!

Gizmo
15-Jan-09, 14:11
Just make Mrs Gizmo a card! I have done it loads o times! I am terrible for forgetting cards! I will get presents but no card! So i make them! More personal! ;)

I actually did that one year before and she loved the card, even if my artistic talents are about the same as your average 5yr old :lol:

ShelleyCowie
15-Jan-09, 14:14
I actually did that one year before and she loved the card, even if my artistic talents are about the same as your average 5yr old :lol:

Really...a 5 year old! I would have u set at about 7ish! LOL!

I love crafty stuff! Was thinking about selling some of my art work but i like them too much! Lol! Me and my OH both draw! He is better than me tho! But only slightly! ;)

hotrod4
15-Jan-09, 14:19
I'm NOT a bread pudding fan and never have been, but there are loads of puddings that I do enjoy, anything with red berries or meringue for example, and cheesecake, I love cheesecake. :D

There is one strange pudding treat we have from time to time:
Take one slice of bread and fry it until crisp and golden, cover with strawberry jam and top with cream! Mmmmmmmmmmm Heaven (and easy)
Why not make a Jam fritter then? Make a jam Piece dip in batter and fry it, absolutely scrumdiddlyicous!!!:lol:

Gizmo
15-Jan-09, 14:25
Why not make a Jam fritter then? Make a jam Piece dip in batter and fry it, absolutely scrumdiddlyicous!!!:lol:

You not planning on making it to 40 then?, that's pure heart attack material that :lol:

dirdyweeker
15-Jan-09, 15:15
Made my apple crumble this morning.:D A few more inches on the waist line before the healthy eating starts again end of the month! There is even some cream to use up....shame to let it go to waste.
Mind you to compensate I did make some veggie soup.

poppett
15-Jan-09, 15:28
Queen of Puddings, lemon meringue pie, black forest gateau, marischino mallow flan, not in any particular order. Not forgetting the one beginning with "T" which Skinnydog mentioned.

ShelleyCowie
15-Jan-09, 16:13
Made my apple crumble this morning.:D A few more inches on the waist line before the healthy eating starts again end of the month! There is even some cream to use up....shame to let it go to waste.
Mind you to compensate I did make some veggie soup.

My apple crumble is just about finished in the oven! Cant wait til dig in to it! The OH said i have to leave some for him after work....im going to have to try my hardest! :lol:

And to counteract my apple crumle...i am having a healthy dinner! :Razz And running around cleaning so im loosing some calories!

ShelleyCowie
15-Jan-09, 23:12
My apple crumble is done! All gone! :( I want more.....more!!!

lynne duncan
15-Jan-09, 23:44
rice pudding with blue milk and raisins
apple pie and ice cream
mums xmas pudding
home made profiteroles
pavolas with cherries and strawberries
homemade cheesecake

Dadie
15-Jan-09, 23:49
If I have the time and peace to do it I can make a mean lemon meringue pie (even make the pastry) can only make two 12" pies at once if I try to make less it never works out!

ShelleyCowie
16-Jan-09, 00:17
Blue Milk???! Dont sound good! Lol!

I am defo gonna have to make another apple crumble tomorrow! Or maybe make a giant jam tart since i never made that today! :lol:

I have run oot o ice cream too! The kids ate it the other day! :~( Oh well...will just have custard instead! :Razz

grumpy1
16-Jan-09, 23:56
just sat reading about all these cool puds... my altime favorite has to be hot apple pie with vanilla ice-cream...you can't beat it.............ma mouth's watering just thinking about it....reckon the diets just gone out the window[disgust]

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-09, 00:03
just sat reading about all these cool puds... my altime favorite has to be hot apple pie with vanilla ice-cream...you can't beat it.............ma mouth's watering just thinking about it....reckon the diets just gone out the window[disgust]

Bye bye diet! Lol! I said that too mines ages ago! But i just live on apple pie really so i am "maintaining" my weight with it haha!

I do love pudding! :Razz

youoldduffer
17-Jan-09, 00:16
Deffo Ruhbarb crumble it used to be a staple on hotle and restaurant menu's but sadley aint seen so much anymore:(

Gizmo
17-Jan-09, 00:19
Bye bye diet! Lol! I said that too mines ages ago! But i just live on apple pie really so i am "maintaining" my weight with it haha!

I do love pudding! :Razz

Well, whats that old saying..'an apple a day keeps the doctor away', you're probably eating 6 a day in all those pies, so you should be a temple of good health :lol:

squidge
17-Jan-09, 00:21
My favourite puddings to make are bread and butter pudding, squidgey chocolate log and a white chocolate truffle torte that is frequently referred to in the house with a note of awe in the voice. If i am out for dinner I would choose creme brulee or sticky toffee pudding and custard.

Bobinovich
17-Jan-09, 00:22
If I have the time and peace to do it I can make a mean lemon meringue pie (even make the pastry) can only make two 12" pies at once if I try to make less it never works out!

Now maybe we can do a bit of Org trading here! LMP is one of my favourite sweets - need any computer work done :D

Behave yourself Bob - you're on a diet, remember :~(

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-09, 00:25
Well, whats that old saying..'an apple a day keeps the doctor away', you're probably eating 6 a day in all those pies, so you should be a temple of good health :lol:

What a good way of seeing it! Will say that to the OH so he gets off my case for eating so much crumble! Just cant help it! I get addicted to one thing and eat it constantly for like 3-4 months! Oh and eggs is another favourite just now! :Razz

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-09, 00:26
Now maybe we can do a bit of Org trading here! LMP is one of my favourite sweets - need any computer work done :D

Behave yourself Bob - you're on a diet, remember :~(

Aww poor bob! Im sure a slice wont hurt...or is a slice the whole thing? Thats what a slice is to me! lol!

poppett
17-Jan-09, 08:58
Be careful what you wish for, Bobinovich!!

Personally I am all in favour of bartering skills and goods. Remember the dutch coffee??

Dadie
17-Jan-09, 17:35
No computer work needing done but there is plenty of housework needing done... which I will neglect if im in the kitchen baking:lol:

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-09, 18:02
I have just made another apple crumble! :confused Oh dear! But i have done all my housework, washing hanging up on airer, more washing in the mashine, dishes done, dinner is on and cooking! So i have done something good today!!! [lol]

Flicking through the internet for more puddings to make! Something completely different! :Razz