PDA

View Full Version : Dunnet forest

Green_not_greed
14-Jan-09, 13:15
I was very disappointed to read the following on todays .org front page

Dunnet Forestry Trust --- Log Sales
Over the weekend, thieves broke in and stole all the mechanical equipment used by the Dunnet Forestry Trust. Without equipment to restock, all sales of logs and firewood will have to be temporarily suspended, The Trust hopes to resume normal service as soon as possible but in the meantime please watch this space.

The log sales are a great service and will be sadly missed until (if and when) they restart. I find it difficult to believe that this could happen in Caithness, and hope that the culprits are found and given appropriate punishment.

GNG

Bad Manners
14-Jan-09, 14:58
it's a great shame they provide a first class service
I hope those responcable will be caught and punished acordingly

dirdyweeker
14-Jan-09, 15:59
I would have imagined a big van was needed for such equipment. Surely someone somewhere saw something? Let's hope so......

dragonfly
14-Jan-09, 17:03
we were at Dunnett beach that day and there were plenty of cars in the forest carpark so hopefully someone saw something that will help identify who took the equipment

Venture
14-Jan-09, 17:13
I can't see theives making off with that sort of machinery in broad daylight. More than likely it was done overnight.

Bobinovich
15-Jan-09, 00:25
I may be wrong but I think I read a while ago that they had equipment stolen on a previous occasion - I've done a quick search to no avail so can anyone else confirm?

davem
15-Jan-09, 00:38
They did about a year or more ago. Quad bike, chainsaws - thousands worth. All the security in the world is no use if you are so isolated. Sad but hopefully they'll be back to normal soon