PDA

View Full Version : mums only

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 00:13
does anyone know if any of the chemists in thurso sell nipple shields/protectors before i go to town tommorrow as I have a little shark that has started biting and has drawn blood!

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 00:19
does anyone know if any of the chemists in thurso sell nipple shields/protectors before i go to town tommorrow as I have a little shark that has started biting and has drawn blood!

Im not 100% certain.....Williamsons Chemist!

me and my partner was in picking up a prescription and i am sure i saw them there!

Am not sure of price though sorry!

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 00:23
Any price will do!
If I had wanted pierced nipples I would have paid to have it done!

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 00:28
Any price will do!
If I had wanted pierced nipples I would have paid to have it done!

Lol! Well as far as i know a pierced nipple costs £30-£40! So i dont think the nipple sheilds are that much! ;)

I pitty you for it tho! Must be sore! I had mastitus, ulcers, blisters, and was gettin blood instead o milk so had to stop feedin after 5 weeks! :~(

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 00:38
Yep I had it all with my 1st (Lauren) if my mum hadnt tried to get me to stop feeding her and me being to thrawn to do what she said I would have given up there and then but with the 2nd (Iona) if she doesnt stop biting I am going to give up as its too sore!

*Martin*
14-Jan-09, 00:39
damn I wish I wasn't nosey!

That'll teach me! (hopefully)

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 00:42
told you... The title said it all!!

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 00:52
Lol men just cant resist! Its like putting a sweetie on the table...telling a child not to eat it! Leave the room for no more than 2 seconds and its gone! :lol:

Kevin Milkins
14-Jan-09, 01:27
damn I wish I wasn't nosey!

That'll teach me! (hopefully)

Funny you should say that *Martin*.:eek:

TBH
14-Jan-09, 01:34
Well, nipple chaffing is a major problem in this day and age what with polyester and suchlike materials so it's everyones problem.

JAWS
14-Jan-09, 04:58
I too looked with the intention of sticking my oar in but suddenly changed my mind decided I'd better keep my mouth shut, or perhaps I'd better rephrase that to decided to say nowt. :eek:

kriklah
14-Jan-09, 08:30
funny how men are so squeemish at times!!!!:evil

but back on the original question, Sutherlands chemist did have them a while back, i got them early last year, the nice comfey silicone ones, (the ones williamsons had at one time were hard plastic ring which i couldnt get to work well)

failing that, boots may have them in store, if not then online

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 09:54
Thanks
Ladies!
Yep thought the title would have kept the men out but I suppose it was like putting up a wet paint sign they just have to look and see:lol:

balto
14-Jan-09, 10:32
oh really pity you, have breast fed all my kids unto they were about 2 the youngest one is only 6 weeks, and i cant say i have had a problem with any of them using their teeth, apart from the my 2 year old whe i fed him the only time he did bite was when he fell asleep and forgot he had something inbetween his teeth, ouch

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 11:47
oh really pity you, have breast fed all my kids unto they were about 2 the youngest one is only 6 weeks, and i cant say i have had a problem with any of them using their teeth, apart from the my 2 year old whe i fed him the only time he did bite was when he fell asleep and forgot he had something inbetween his teeth, ouch

Ouch! I do wish i could have continued feeding tho! :~( The hospital NEVER showed me how to latch my son on so i thought i was doing it correct....obviously not! I did ask them several times to help but got none! :(

The day i had to switch to bottle feeding broke my heart! Maybe if i can push the OH to have more kids i will get it right then! Shame he has 3 sons already and dont want more.......bribery???? [lol]

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 13:24
Ouch! I do wish i could have continued feeding tho! :~( The hospital NEVER showed me how to latch my son on so i thought i was doing it correct....obviously not! I did ask them several times to help but got none! :(
[lol]

Shelly if you need any help on showing you how to latch your son on then i am more than welcome to show you....lol...there is a knack to it..

Its true what they say.. Men just have to look at this...Sorry couldnt resist..

Getting back to the convo...... I wonder if your sis will manage to last longer than you to breast feed then

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 14:00
Shelly if you need any help on showing you how to latch your son on then i am more than welcome to show you....lol...there is a knack to it..

Its true what they say.. Men just have to look at this...Sorry couldnt resist..

Getting back to the convo...... I wonder if your sis will manage to last longer than you to breast feed then

Lol Moonboots u crack me up! Sure Mary would no be pleased! [lol]

Alana is bottle feedin! She did with Michael so she is doin it with the next baby! She said its not for her which is fair enough! Some folks prefer not to breast feed!

Moonboots.....did u blush as soon as u read breast feeding! Most men do! ;)

ett23
14-Jan-09, 14:03

Ouch I do pity you tho I was fortunate neither of mine had teeth while I breasted them, but my mum told me my little bro used to bite her at 3mths when he got his first tooth and he'd laugh at her reaction!!:Razz So she stopped soon after!! :eek: Hope you manage to keep going and maybe Iona will give up once she realizes biting isn't the best way to get milk!

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 14:08
Lol Moonboots u crack me up! Sure Mary would no be pleased! [lol]

Alana is bottle feedin! She did with Michael so she is doin it with the next baby! She said its not for her which is fair enough! Some folks prefer not to breast feed!

Moonboots.....did u blush as soon as u read breast feeding! Most men do! ;)

lol... wot me blush. u must be joking.......
Its mother nature... In the old old days were they given bottles... Nope!!!

A breast is the total feed which a child needs. even me lol...

So Alana not doing it.. she is too frightened to lose them lol

All I can say is at least you tried it... good for u too....

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 14:26
Ye s I tried all the tricks I did with Lauren ... pushing her head in to make her let go rather than letting her pull her head back while still attached... not reacting wth a loud ouch... removing the boob when bitten.. now I have bought the protectors I have a new problem...how do you use them to get a good seal?