buddyrich
13-Jan-09, 23:37
Amazing version of a classic song.

PLAY LOUD!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lQUzyPqL6kM&feature=related

Metalattakk
14-Jan-09, 00:00
LULZ!

Nirvana - 100 song titles. 1 song. The Status Quo of the '90s.

ph33r teh b4Ckl45h.

buddyrich
14-Jan-09, 00:35
Bit unfair to quo. I dont have a problem with nirvana but quo are a proper rock n roll band.

Metalattakk
14-Jan-09, 01:04
Well, up until 1982 they were... ;)

fingalmacool
14-Jan-09, 01:06
LULZ!

Nirvana - 100 song titles. 1 song. The Status Quo of the '90s.

ph33r teh b4Ckl45h.

U must b havin a turkish???:confused

Metalattakk
14-Jan-09, 01:57
No. Not at all. All Nirvana songs sound the same - jingly-jangly start, heavy distorted shouty bit, jingly-jangly bit again...ad infinitum.

All their songs are the same. They've just got different names.

loganbiffy
14-Jan-09, 02:09
No. Not at all. All Nirvana songs sound the same - jingly-jangly start, heavy distorted shouty bit, jingly-jangly bit again...ad infinitum.

All their songs are the same. They've just got different names.

This is called dynamics in case you didn't know.

You got any better songs up your sleeve?
All their songs are the same? Well it's funny how In Utero sounds nothing like Nevermind and Nevermind sounds nothing like Bleach, and i ain't even gonna get started on B-sides.

But aye man, each to their own.

There isn't many bands you like after they have done about 3 albums is there? ;)

Metalattakk
14-Jan-09, 02:17
Blah blah blah. Fall for the hype. See if I care. I call it like I see it.

Nirvana 90s = Status Quo 70s.

Except Quo made the grave error of not topping themselves while they were still hot.

The Pepsi Challenge
14-Jan-09, 02:37
Kurt Cobain once asked me if I had any Benilyn on me. :)

loganbiffy
14-Jan-09, 03:48
Blah blah blah. Fall for the hype. See if I care. I call it like I see it.

A really well constructed point ;)

buddyrich
14-Jan-09, 14:33
Nirvana=Pixies rip off. Woo i like painting with these broad strokes!

"Coffee-drinking heroin-shooting grunge-looking DIRTBAG!"

Scott Ian is e lad!

loganbiffy
14-Jan-09, 14:55
Nirvana=Pixies rip off. Woo i like painting with these broad strokes!

Pixies rip off? Don't think so.

Pixies = Dinosaur Jr. rip off, not true but you could go round in circles with bands that apparently rip off other bands, everyone has their influences.

buddyrich
14-Jan-09, 15:05
Well it's funny as i was actually quoting Dave Grohl, he especially cited smells like teen spirit as an example of the quiet/loud thing the pixies do so well. I cant remember was it on a documentary about nirvana in general or the nevermind classic albums episode but he made it clear where they got some of their aesthetic shall we say, and i suppose he would know having been in the band.

loganbiffy
14-Jan-09, 15:13
Well it's funny as i was actually quoting Dave Grohl, he especially cited smells like teen spirit as an example of the quiet/loud thing the pixies do so well. I cant remember was it on a documentary about nirvana in general or the nevermind classic albums episode but he made it clear where they got some of their aesthetic shall we say, and i suppose he would know having been in the band.

Awesome dynamics always comes to mind when someone mentions Nirvana, same can be said for Pixies, and a handful of bands from that era of music. Fecking love it.

Suppose you could even say the first 2 Foo Fighters albums employs the quiet/loud dynamics really well, which IMO is where Foo Fighters were at their best.

buddyrich
14-Jan-09, 15:16
Aye the first two albums are textbook. I found them a bit dull after that but the first two are sooper.

loganbiffy
14-Jan-09, 15:19
Aye the first two albums are textbook. I found them a bit dull after that but the first two are sooper.

They are amazing albums indeed, I saw them live in 2005 and they didn't play a single song off the first record which was disappointing, apart from that they were amazing.

Can't say their most recent album gets played much at my house, just doesn't seem to have the same vibe as earlier stuff.

guitarzan
14-Jan-09, 15:38
A good friend of mine turned me on to the Foos around about when the first album came out and I loved them - he gave me a cassette with "Wattershed", "This Is A Call" and "Weenie Beenie" on it. They blew me away.

To this day though, I have never heard the full album!

loganbiffy
14-Jan-09, 16:02
A good friend of mine turned me on to the Foos around about when the first album came out and I loved them - he gave me a cassette with "Wattershed", "This Is A Call" and "Weenie Beenie" on it. They blew me away.

To this day though, I have never heard the full album!

You have not heard the first full album?
Oh man I advise you to get it and play it loud!

Jeid
14-Jan-09, 16:11
Pixies = Dinosaur Jr. rip off, not true but you could go round in circles with bands that apparently rip off other bands, everyone has their influences.

Truth, where would music be without stealing other peoples music. Hell, Marilyn Manson even went as far as to rip himself off.

Beautiful People, Mobscene. I think it's those two anyway.

loganbiffy
14-Jan-09, 16:31
Truth, where would music be without stealing other peoples music. Hell, Marilyn Manson even went as far as to rip himself off.

Beautiful People, Mobscene. I think it's those two anyway.

Definately.
You can always tell where bands get their influences, I don't really see it as a bad thing, there is always something any music sounds like, just the way it is.

Haha good call on the Marilyn Manson, he is some kiddie.