PDA

View Full Version : Travel Lodge for Thurso/wick

zappster
13-Jan-09, 22:16
was havin a wee trawl through their site & discovered this..
http://www.travelodgedevelopment.co.uk/thl_website/image_gallery/general/tll%20sc.pdf

caithness is on their hit list!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Jan-09, 22:18
yeah but if you look at it under county they have us down as INVERNESS SHIRE - SHOCKING

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 22:20
Not sure they have Thurso and Wick situated in Invernesshire:eek:

zappster
13-Jan-09, 22:21
& theres more Subway for wick /thurso?
http://www.subway.co.uk/business/fo.asp

zappster
13-Jan-09, 22:22
yeah but if you look at it under county they have us down as INVERNESS SHIRE - SHOCKING
yea i did laugh when i spotted that one!

balto
13-Jan-09, 22:30
rumour had it they were going to buy the tesco shop when they moved up to the mart. not sure how the owners of the park hotel will feel

cuddlepop
13-Jan-09, 22:39

Our address is Portree, Isle of Skye. Inverness-shire. and we're on the other side of Scotland.:lol:

elamanya
13-Jan-09, 22:55
wow a subway would be cool , but would it not put the taxis and buses out of business

Fluff
13-Jan-09, 23:01
Yuk, subway are not as good as you think!!

alanabain
13-Jan-09, 23:04
wow a subway would be cool , but would it not put the taxis and buses out of business

HAHAHA I thot u were serious at first glance!! long day :(

Moonboots
13-Jan-09, 23:07
HAHAHA I thot u were serious at first glance!! long day :(

Na thats just the blonde bits coming out on you.... sorry grey hehehe

COACHMAN
13-Jan-09, 23:46
was havin a wee trawl through their site & discovered this..
http://www.travelodgedevelopment.co.uk/thl_website/image_gallery/general/tll%20sc.pdf

caithness is on their hit list!
This was Said in a Post way back on 18 March 2008 and Travellodge have got Two Places earmarked for develpment in Caithness.
But another firm is Planning a TravelLodge Type of Hotel in the Wick Area i can not disclose more until the legal paperwork is all finished

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 00:03
ooooh would like to know where they are taking over!

elamanya
14-Jan-09, 00:08
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a undergound operation

TBH
14-Jan-09, 00:17
Jesus H Christ, there are so many people "In the know" here it is unbeleivable. The worst is, nothing they say ever comes to pass.
All those poor fantasists that think they are somehow "in the know", need to get back to reality, maybe starting with getting their doses of medication increased. Welcome to fantasy island, have a nice day.

Dadie
14-Jan-09, 00:21
TBH is a bitty grumpy today complaining on posts today.
PMT??
nah just goms
gumpy old man syndrome

TBH
14-Jan-09, 00:25
PMT??
nah just goms
gumpy old man syndromeI may be old but I am never grumpy, can't you tell?[lol]
And see when those that tell these stories are not having conversations with the board members of high flying companies they are away on missions of great national importance for MI6.:lol:

wifie
14-Jan-09, 00:31
Jesus H Christ, there are so many people "In the know" here it is unbeleivable. The worst is, nothing they say ever comes to pass.
All those poor fantasists that think they are somehow "in the know", need to get back to reality, maybe starting with getting their doses of medication increased. Welcome to fantasy island, have a nice day.

I know you now! You are the wee guy who used to run up the beach pointin at the plane! :eek: [lol]

Metalattakk
14-Jan-09, 00:35

Well said. Still waiting for DAB radio, you know... :D

TBH
14-Jan-09, 00:35
I know you now! You are the wee guy who used to run up the beach pointin at the plane! :eek: [lol]At least tattoo knew it was a fantasy.[lol]

TBH
14-Jan-09, 00:40
Well said. Still waiting for DAB radio, you know... :DLMAO, I can imagine all those that have bought DAb Radios asking for their money back because they assume that the equipment is faulty.[lol]

Gizmo
14-Jan-09, 00:44
I know you now! You are the wee guy who used to run up the beach pointin at the plane! :eek: [lol]

No...that's me :lol:

wifie
14-Jan-09, 00:45
No...that's me :lol:

I thought you were a gremlin! :confused

Gizmo
14-Jan-09, 00:49
PMT??
nah just goms
gumpy old man syndrome

Grumpy Old Man Syndrome?, i've had that for a few years now...and i'm only 37 :eek:

TBH
14-Jan-09, 00:50
Nah, Tattoo, he used to shout, "It's Da plane boss, anudder day, anudder dolla".

Gizmo
14-Jan-09, 00:52
I thought you were a gremlin! :confused

I have been known to get up to as much mischief as your average Gremlin in the past....but i'm a good boy now:Razz

wifie
14-Jan-09, 00:57
I have been known to get up to as much mischief as your average Gremlin in the past....but i'm a good boy now:Razz

But Gizmo always was a good boy! Can gremlins change their fur? Or are ye a weekid gremlin pretendin to be Gizmo? [disgust]

TBH
14-Jan-09, 00:58
But Gizmo always was a good boy! Can gremlins change their fur? Or are ye a weekid gremlin pretendin to be Gizmo? [disgust]Gismo wiz bad till e' bone. He just covered it up weel.

wifie
14-Jan-09, 01:04
LOL! I hope 'e fowkies from Travelodge dinna read this forum or they will be reconsidering their plans! Mind you they may feel there is a need for budget priced accommodation for human behaviour observers - cos they would have a field day wi the interesting cases on here! [lol]

Gizmo
14-Jan-09, 01:04
But Gizmo always was a good boy! Can gremlins change their fur? Or are ye a weekid gremlin pretendin to be Gizmo? [disgust]

Gizmo was always a good lad until he was given water, then he turned into a mischevious Gremlin, i was always a good lad until i was given the devils water :lol: then i turned into a Gremlin...but i'm 100% Gizmo these days ;)

wifie
14-Jan-09, 01:07
Gizmo was always a good lad until he was given water, then he turned into a mischevious Gremlin, i was always a good lad until i was given the devils water :lol: then i turned into a Gremlin...but i'm 100% Gizmo these days ;)
I thought once you'd turned you couldn't go back so I am glad to hear it Giz! ;)

hotrod4
14-Jan-09, 07:30
A travelodge would be good,but theres gonna be nothing left for them to see. It'll all be shut!![lol]
Would've liked to have seen the Marina and Hotel take off rather than a travelodge as it would've been local run and most of the money would stay in the county and provide much needed jobs.Does anyone know if this is still in the pipeline?

Back to gizmo,if you look in the pets section he has posted pics of himself.He's really a big soft fluffy pussy!;)

pat
14-Jan-09, 09:39
Understand a few years ago Hoiday Inn Express were looking at D Steven & Sons premises at the Harbour in Wick - nothing seems to have come of that one either.

Before they sink their money into here they have to know they are going to have near enough full occupancy all the time to make it feasible for them to contemplate building.

With the current instability of the economy any company will be looking very hard and ensuring they are going to get good returns quickly on the money they spend.

Is there the demand for another 70 bedrooms in Caithness all year round?

Penelope Pitstop
14-Jan-09, 10:29

Yeah I agree here. Put their money where their mouth is or just shut up.:lol:

zappster
14-Jan-09, 13:45
All those poor fantasists that think they are somehow "in the know", need to get back to reality, maybe starting with getting their doses of medication increased. Welcome to fantasy island, have a nice day. It wasnt a case of being in the know on my part it was a case of spotting it on the companies websites ...which anyone could do!So quit yer ranting!