PDA

View Full Version : Cats

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 14:28
Is it just me or are there an awful lot of cats going missing in Caithness these days?

connieb19
04-Feb-06, 14:38
Is it just me or are there an awful lot of cats going missing in Caithness these days?I think they've always gone missing..it's just that more people have access to the internet so we are hearing about it more..

Liz
04-Feb-06, 14:40
I am afraid I have noticed this as well as more are being reported as lost to Cats Protection.

I am happy to say that many of them are found, usually shut in somewhere, but for those who do not come back it is truly awful for the owners.

It would be best if people got their cats microchipped as, if they are found, they can be reunited with their owners much more quickly.

Cats have been known to arrive back home after quite a while so people shouldn't give up hope too quickly.

If a cat disappears then it is best to publicise this as much as possible by putting up posters etc. Also, call Cats Protection, SSPCA and Vets surgeries and let neighbours know that your cat is missing.
Check all outbuildings in the area. Do this more than once as a cat may be shut in but too scared to make a noise so it won't be until it starts to get hungry and thirsty that it will cry to get out.

To all of you whose cats are missing I really, really hope they turn up safe and well soon.

melted_wellie
04-Feb-06, 15:45
this is going back a few years now,but my cat turned up a year after going missing,so there is always hope.

Liz
04-Feb-06, 19:18
this is going back a few years now,but my cat turned up a year after going missing,so there is always hope.

That is really encouraging and should give hope to people who have cats which have gone missing.

They really are amazing creatures and have great survival instincts.:D

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 19:42
Im surprised none of you mentioned that there are 4 chinese & 2 Indian takeaways in Sunny Wick.
That could be the answer to your question, I hope not but you never ken

[lol] [lol] [lol]