PDA

View Full Version : looking for a band?

Kathy@watten
13-Jan-09, 19:07
Looking for a band to play a function in a barn in June, perhaps an up and coming band, perhaps a scottish kind of thing or the like that fills the floor and keeps the drinks flowing....will be a birthday bash with all money in lieu of gifts going to charity so do not have much money to pay a band....if anyone is such a band or thinks they know of one let me know thanks! We will keep band in drinks and food should someone volenteer!

TanyaHorne
13-Jan-09, 21:02
HI There, i can highlly recommend the Jock Campbell dance band. We used them for a ceilidh in October and they couldn't have been better.
Not sure of their number but sure someone on here could help.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Jan-09, 21:13
Hey this is my brothers band :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gttswwmdm5M

Katy
13-Jan-09, 21:31
I can highly recommend Half Canned, we had they at our wedding in October and they play everything and the dance floor never emptied all night and not too expensive either!
There number is under the entertainment section!
Kxxxxx

trix
14-Jan-09, 17:25
Looking for a band to play a function in a barn in June,

one word....eclipse ;)

....will be a birthday bash with all money in lieu of gifts going to charity so do not have much money to pay a band....

eh....on second thoughts....! :lol:

only kiddin kathy...guid luck on yer quest an da forget til hev a magic time ;)

ps brilliant idea aboot 'e charity thing...

poppett
14-Jan-09, 17:41
"Remix" are a good versatile band.

Why not try the Accordion and fiddle club to see if some of their members would perform a few sets for charity? I know some of them do shows for charity for the old folks homes for instance.