PDA

View Full Version : Franchise opertunitys?

cuddlepop
13-Jan-09, 14:29
With the economic climate as it is would you consider taking on a franchise if the opertunity presented itself?

Oh just cant get work on Skye and with my youngest leaving school this summer maybe the best thing we can do is move away.

It makes sense to go to Ayrshire as my brother and his parents live there.
On the Kilmarnock web site for vacancies, Canine Security are looking for people to take part in their training,which is refunded if you fail.(£200)
You are then allowed to work for them on a "franchise" bases.
Its only £8.00 and hour which I think is poor.
Very impresive web site.
www.canine-security.com (http://www.canine-security.com)

Whats your instincts telling you?

Oh has is door security ticket and loves dogs,he might even just do it for the training.:lol:

Bad Manners
13-Jan-09, 16:01
I understand the position you are in however my gut feeling regarding this is they are charging you money to train you and then giving you the chance to earn money under thier banner with no risk to them. the risk is all on you. If cannine security is what you want to do look into what is envolved and wheather you could do it yourself without the franchise. for £8 per hour you would be as well working for a security firm at least then you would have paid holidays,Sickness benifit etc.
what ever you decide I wish you good luck and good fortune

cuddlepop
13-Jan-09, 17:44
I understand the position you are in however my gut feeling regarding this is they are charging you money to train you and then giving you the chance to earn money under thier banner with no risk to them. the risk is all on you. If cannine security is what you want to do look into what is envolved and wheather you could do it yourself without the franchise. for £8 per hour you would be as well working for a security firm at least then you would have paid holidays,Sickness benifit etc.
what ever you decide I wish you good luck and good fortune

I think we're starting to think this way too.

You pay to be trained.
You pay to register your company name.
You pay to run your own car.
You pay tax and national insurance.
You probably have to pay public liability insurance......especially for the dog.
You pay to keep the dog.....

Doesnt look so inviting now.:(

Kodiak
13-Jan-09, 18:04
My Opinion has always been this.

Any decent Company will pay you for training and beware any Company who asks you for money for any Training.

Many, Many Moons ago, early 1970's I worked for a Security Company and I was Fully Paid for any and all Training, Including Cash-in-Transiy, Store Detective etc.

As an add on

My Daughter-in-Law knows about Dog Training and she says that in No Way could you be trained as a Dog Handler in Security for only £200. She says this type of Training takes Months and would cost Thousands.

I would be Very Careful if I was you.

cuddlepop
13-Jan-09, 18:32
My Opinion has always been this.

Any decent Company will pay you for training and beware any Company who asks you for money for any Training.

Many, Many Moons ago, early 1970's I worked for a Security Company and I was Fully Paid for any and all Training, Including Cash-in-Transiy, Store Detective etc.

As an add on

My Daughter-in-Law knows about Dog Training and she says that in No Way could you be trained as a Dog Handler in Security for only £200. She says this type of Training takes Months and would cost Thousands.

I would be Very Careful if I was you.

As they say if it seems to good to be true then it generally is.:(

think the safest place to be during this recession is in Education.
We may be applying to Kilmarnock College for further education yet.:eek:

teenybash
13-Jan-09, 21:14
Gut feeling...........Don't touch it, too many expenses to be met by yourselves.................;)

Stargazer
13-Jan-09, 21:31
At £8 per hour it would take a year just to pay your moving costs. Why not look into a franchise you could run on Skye? If your interest is dogs why not dog grooming/care? Alternatively start something yourself and see if it becomes a worthwhile business opportunity.

Penelope Pitstop
13-Jan-09, 22:01
Just an idea, but you seem to love animals.

Is there any demand for looking after pets in your own home when people go away on holiday, etc?

I hate putting our dog in kennels and she hates it too. I'm always looking for someone that I know she would be happy with...I'll bet there are tons of people in the same boat.

cuddlepop
13-Jan-09, 22:30
Just an idea, but you seem to love animals.

Is there any demand for looking after pets in your own home when people go away on holiday, etc?

I hate putting our dog in kennels and she hates it too. I'm always looking for someone that I know she would be happy with...I'll bet there are tons of people in the same boat.

People have moved here themselves and have set up their own dog grooming business and we already have kennels.
Dog sitting would be idea but I dont think you can make a living out of it.
Thanks anyway for your suggestions.

Penelope Pitstop
14-Jan-09, 10:43
People have moved here themselves and have set up their own dog grooming business and we already have kennels.
Dog sitting would be idea but I dont think you can make a living out of it.
Thanks anyway for your suggestions.
Hi Cuddlepop

We have kennels here as well, but I still don't use them. Point I was trying to make was that some people would rather not put their dog in kennels and would rather find someone to look after them. Appreciate your point that you probably couldn't make a full time living out of it.

cuddlepop
14-Jan-09, 15:19
Oh phoned the company yesterday and left his details on the answere machine,we're still waiting for them to phone us back.
For me,thats them written off.:(