PDA

View Full Version : What Shop?

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 12:12
My son has (Eventually) grown out of his 0-3 month babygrows/sleepsuits. When i was looking online for the next size up they cost a fortune and delivery on top!

Not wanting to spend £10+ on one sleepsuit either in Mackays and cant get through to Wick Tesco for quite a while!

Im not wanting anything fancy but does anyone know if the Wee ones shop in thruso does sleepsuits at a decent price!

Its just for his bed so not bothered if its just plain white/blue!

Help please! :(

balto
13-Jan-09, 12:30
have you tried wee ones up from the com, i went looking for them last week for my 6 wk old and all i could get was plain white from mackays. pathetic we could do with a decent kids clothes shop.

Ash
13-Jan-09, 12:31
i find wee ones is rather expensive....

Penelope Pitstop
13-Jan-09, 12:37
Gee that's not an easy one now adays Shelly.

Ladybird at Woolies would have been good...but alas!

To be honest I can't think of anywhere you would get that other than Mackays in Thurso.

Have you tried the cancer shop - some of their stuff is as good as new. After all at that age they aren't in them long enough to wear them out! Also try ebay - some good bargains there. Good luck.

Before you know it you'll be buying his school uniform....trust me!!

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 12:40
i find wee ones is rather expensive....

Why is everywhere so expensive! :mad:

Its just pyjamas! I can get a pair of pyjamas for a 5 year old for £2! Why not baby stuff for that price?!

I used to get babygrows from Woolies! 3 white for £6! Bargain!

balto
13-Jan-09, 12:41

Its just pyjamas! I can get a pair of pyjamas for a 5 year old for £2! Why not baby stuff for that price?!

aye woolies was really good for sleepsuits and vests. i paid 8.50 from mackays for 3 white ones.

dirdyweeker
13-Jan-09, 12:44
There is a shop called 'Minis in Bank Row, Wick. Do you know anyone who could get it there for you as they are usually well priced.
If not I would put an appeal on the Org under "wanted" as I have always found here to be very helpful. There is bound to be a couple of Thurso Mums clearing out clothing from their baby who has outgrown it.
Good luck in your search.

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 12:46
Gee that's not an easy one now adays Shelly.

Ladybird at Woolies would have been good...but alas!

To be honest I can't think of anywhere you would get that other than Mackays in Thurso.

Have you tried the cancer shop - some of their stuff is as good as new. After all at that age they aren't in them long enough to wear them out! Also try ebay - some good bargains there. Good luck.

Before you know it you'll be buying his school uniform....trust me!!

Think i will try cancer shop! I have no choice! He is scrunched up in his 0-3 month stuff! Cant stretch out at all!

Looking on ebay just now. All seems to be newborn or 0-3 month stuff! Lol! But i will keep looking!

Gizmo
13-Jan-09, 12:48

Buy the 5yr old one and wash it...then throw it in the tumble dryer on a high heat....and walla!...it will be shrunk to fit your wee one :lol:

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 12:53
Buy the 5yr old one and wash it...then throw it in the tumble dryer on a high heat....and walla!...it will be shrunk to fit your wee one :lol:

Lol! Genius idea! I have never shrunk anything before! (Thank goodness the OH Would kill me) but it may be the only thing Gizmo!

Its so sad there is no good, decent priced baby/toddler clothes shops here!

Thing is we need a baby/toddler clothes shop more than we need another fast food restaurant or cafe! :confused

Gizmo
13-Jan-09, 12:57
Think i will try cancer shop! I have no choice! He is scrunched up in his 0-3 month stuff! Cant stretch out at all!

Looking on ebay just now. All seems to be newborn or 0-3 month stuff! Lol! But i will keep looking!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bexi-Bright-Coloured-Baby-Romper-Sleepsuit-6-9-months_W0QQitemZ380085970298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBab y_Clothing?hash=item380085970298&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

This one on ebay is £5.29 delivered, that's about the cheapest i could find.

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 13:00
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bexi-Bright-Coloured-Baby-Romper-Sleepsuit-6-9-months_W0QQitemZ380085970298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBab y_Clothing?hash=item380085970298&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

This one on ebay is £5.29 delivered, that's about the cheapest i could find.

thanks Gizmo! ;)

Julia
13-Jan-09, 13:08

I've heard of folk cutting the feet off the babygro when it's too small, at least he would be able to stretch out until you get some new ones. Just pop some socks on to keep his feet warm.

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 13:15
I've heard of folk cutting the feet off the babygro when it's too small, at least he would be able to stretch out until you get some new ones. Just pop some socks on to keep his feet warm.

Im tempted! :lol:

Have managed to purchase a couple now online! Thank goodness!

It just really annoys me that i either have to buy online or travel 20 miles to tesco to get clothing! Thats hard with no car, and a week old son!

Venture
13-Jan-09, 13:59
Im tempted! :lol:

Thats hard with no car, and a week old son!

Did you means "weeks" there Shelley. Or have you had another one a week ago you haven't told us about.[lol]

Joking aside you should try and get to Tescos in Wick. There are some great bargains in their sale for baby stuff.

squidge
13-Jan-09, 14:18
Its really hard but maybe if anyone is going through for you they could pick some up. Twenty quid would kit him out with a different one for every day of the week and some to spare lol. I bought some 18-24 month vests from tesco for my monster sized 15 month baby. They were £1.75 for 3 and I bought babygrows which were £6 for three. They seem to be good quality and wash well.

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 14:53
Did you means "weeks" there Shelley. Or have you had another one a week ago you haven't told us about.[lol]

Joking aside you should try and get to Tescos in Wick. There are some great bargains in their sale for baby stuff.

haha i meant 14 week old son! My bad! :eek:

Hopefully i will get to wick tesco in a few weeks time. :Razz

sadam
13-Jan-09, 15:16
have you had look in the Wee Ones beside the Sandwich shop in Princes Street Thurso I saw some lovely stuff in their window the other day

Hibeechick
13-Jan-09, 16:22
As Dirdyweeker said, try Mini's. She always has gorgeous stuff in!

mums angels
13-Jan-09, 19:12
Mackays has a sale on at the moment don't know what is left but we managed to kit our daughter out for next size up at a very reasonble price. I havn't found anything nice in tesco for ages thats worth the price tag.(mind you can't go wrong with there sleepsuits and body suits) Asda is nicer and cheaper i get my in laws to pick me some up when i can

Online is best bet and even though you have to pay delivery its probably better than mackays prices out with the sale . maybe find someone to order with you and split p&p i often do that Next orders

alanabain
13-Jan-09, 19:27
Hi shelley not trying to steer away from the point that there is a lack of shops in Thurso to get baby clothes. ridiculous... we should set up an orgers shop somewhere !! haha

But u could ask MOI, ur lovely big sister, to give u a lift through this weekend to get the wee man some clothes.:D

Maybe his aunty alana could buy him a wee prezzie to.

I will prob be going there anyway.

xx

Penelope Pitstop
13-Jan-09, 21:48

Not trying to be smart - but you could cut the feet out of them:)

Whoops...Sorry..should have read through all the new posts....Julia has already suggested that;)

purplelady
13-Jan-09, 23:13
I've heard of folk cutting the feet off the babygro when it's too small, at least he would be able to stretch out until you get some new ones. Just pop some socks on to keep his feet warm.that is what I was going to say too i did it with my son when he was little x

purplelady
13-Jan-09, 23:17
think there is a complete lack of clothes shops in Wick and thurso for all children from babies to teenagers my son is 12 and I have a nitemare getting clothes to fit him x

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 00:56
I have 1 babygrow that is just hanging in there...must be slightly larger made than the rest so am washing it daily and dried before bed! :) Lets hope he dont take a growth spurt! Likely not cos he is so small and cuddly! :lol: Sorry carried away there!

If i had the money i really would open a nice, decent priced clothes shop for babys - teens! Its what we need! A range from socks, sleepsuits, jeans, t-shirts, jumpers, jackets, underwear etc etc!!

If only eh! :confused

Ash
14-Jan-09, 10:06
u can order from asda george online pretty cheap....... also www.vertbaudet.co.uk (http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk) normally is reasonably priced but when they have a sale its xtremely cheap

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 11:48
u can order from asda george online pretty cheap....... also www.vertbaudet.co.uk (http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk) normally is reasonably priced but when they have a sale its xtremely cheap

Aw thanks Ash! I never knew u could orfer their clothing online! My OH is gonna kill me.....spending on ebay...now this! Think he will be havin words with Graeme about u! [lol]

Ash
14-Jan-09, 12:02
Aw thanks Ash! I never knew u could orfer their clothing online! My OH is gonna kill me.....spending on ebay...now this! Think he will be havin words with Graeme about u! [lol]

hahaha now that would be funny.....us girls like to shop and if can get it cheaper then hey thats even better

i know what its like to look for kids clothes and be on a budget..... just need to shop around...when next have a sale its xtremely cheap

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 12:19
hahaha now that would be funny.....us girls like to shop and if can get it cheaper then hey thats even better

i know what its like to look for kids clothes and be on a budget..... just need to shop around...when next have a sale its xtremely cheap

Thats tru! I would far rather get a great bargain than spend an absolute fortune just to have a brand name and it cost 3 times as much or more!!!

honey
14-Jan-09, 12:24
hi shelley, ive sent you a pm re this

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 12:29
hi shelley, ive sent you a pm re this

Thanks Honey have replied to ur PM ;)

And would also like to say thank you very much to all the people that have contacted me through this!

Everybody here really does aim to help one another! Hope i can help other people in the future with things on the org!

Thank u all!

Maybe all of us should come together and open our own kids clothes shop! We could call it "Kids of the Org" [lol]

dirdyweeker
14-Jan-09, 15:57
ShelleyBain, I have just been to Lidls in Wick this am and they are selling 2 babygros for £3.99. They also have other baby clothes in stock so hopefully Thurso is selling it too.

A nice afternooon for a walk with the pram?

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 17:14
ShelleyBain, I have just been to Lidls in Wick this am and they are selling 2 babygros for £3.99. They also have other baby clothes in stock so hopefully Thurso is selling it too.

A nice afternooon for a walk with the pram?

Thanks Dirdyweeker! I think i will have to take a wander down then! Got a free day tomorrow (so far) So will take a wander down with not a pram...but i call it the tank! Cos i swear it gets bigger when i push it! Am useless! Lol!

I still think its such a shame there is a lack of clothing stores for kids here! Did not realise the problem til i became a mum!! :confused

Maybe a clothing sale should be organised sometime for baby-toddlers upwards!! Maybe getting rid of what u are sick of lyin around the house could be another mums bonus!! :Razz

dirdyweeker
14-Jan-09, 17:20
"rag parties" were great fundraisers in the late 80's early 90's. People brought along any 'old' clothing to an event 'specially organised and folk would buy from the stock. Money raised form same went to whatever event was doing the fundraising. We used to do it with our Mother and Toddlers group so it was usually kids clothing.
A good social evening and a great fundraiser. Maybe you should make the effort to restart them!:)

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 17:36
"rag parties" were great fundraisers in the late 80's early 90's. People brought along any 'old' clothing to an event 'specially organised and folk would buy from the stock. Money raised form same went to whatever event was doing the fundraising. We used to do it with our Mother and Toddlers group so it was usually kids clothing.
A good social evening and a great fundraiser. Maybe you should make the effort to restart them!:)

Maybe in the summer then can try and get summit organised!! But someone will need to remind me cos em....well i cant even remember what im meant to be making for dinner tonight :confused:eek:

dirdyweeker
14-Jan-09, 17:53
Maybe in the summer then can try and get summit organised!! But someone will need to remind me cos em....well i cant even remember what im meant to be making for dinner tonight :confused:eek:

That will be your hormones! (Well us ladies have to blame somethng!):lol:

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 21:07
That will be your hormones! (Well us ladies have to blame somethng!):lol:

I am just 1 big hormone! Lol! Before my son i was a hormone reflector!!! Lol!