PDA

View Full Version : Cat feeling off-colour

cazmanian_minx
13-Jan-09, 09:13
Something's up with my cat. Came downstairs this morning to find her tucked in between the sofa and the door rather than curled up on her heated bed, like normal. When OH and I turned the telly on for our morning cuppa, she took herself off into the hall and then into the bathroom. When I stuck my head round the bathroom door 10 minutes later to see if she was alright, she climbed into her covered litter tray and is still curled up in it an hour later.

I've turned all the lights off downstairs to see if that will encourage her out. Her appetite is fine, but she just doesn't seem to want to know about life - normally she's a really cuddly, affectionate cat, but she's made it very clear she wants to be left alone this morning :~( She's pretty old - somewhere between 16 and 21. Should I book her a vet's appointment or just leave her in peace? Not sure that a 40 minute car journey each way in and out of Thurso is going to do her much good, but at the same time, this is not normal behaviour for her and I'm worried.

teenybash
13-Jan-09, 11:42
I would have a talk to the vet and see what they think....better safe than sorry......Hope she is just having an off day.

Raven
13-Jan-09, 14:05
Hopefully she is picking up soon again! :)

cazmanian_minx
13-Jan-09, 14:29
Thank you both - I called the vet this morning and we're going in later this afternoon. She spent three hours curled up in the litter tray in the end and though she's out now and back in her bed, she hasn't bothered to wash herself and still doesn't want to know about food or company.

teenybash
13-Jan-09, 21:03
I hope your pussycat lady has faired well at the vet........keep us posted.

purplelady
13-Jan-09, 23:25
Aww hope it was good news from thge vets it is such a worry is'nt it my babies are getting old now and i do worry bout them so much xxxxxxxxx

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 23:58
poor puss. Hope she hasnt given up

cazmanian_minx
14-Jan-09, 07:38
I'm afraid it wasn't good news.

Rest in peace, my old friend.

Avalon - 1990 (+/- 2 years) to 13th January 2009.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/253/458844087_d1e5bb5faf.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22544094@N00/458844087/)

Thank you to everybody at the vet's in Thurso.

Raven
14-Jan-09, 09:13
Oh! I am really sorry to hear that! RIP Avalon!:(

carasmam
14-Jan-09, 10:35
So sorry to hear about Avalon, wish it had been a better outcome :(

crashbandicoot1979
14-Jan-09, 11:36
Sorry to hear about your cat, RIP Avalon :~(

Iffy
14-Jan-09, 12:22
Thats VERY sad, Caz !! Really feel for you.

At least you have the knowledge that for all these years he had a very good home and happy life.

RIP Avalon xx

teenybash
14-Jan-09, 13:22
Bye, Bye sweet Avalon.........................so very very sorry that your friend had to quietly slip away. Bless you.:(

Goldie
14-Jan-09, 14:23
Sorry to hear of your sad loss xxxx Avalon R.I.P xxxx God Bless xx

Angela
14-Jan-09, 15:46
So sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely Avalon. :(

2little2late
14-Jan-09, 18:57
So sorry to hear of your loss. Will be thinking of you. At least you have wonderful memories.

Margaret M.
14-Jan-09, 23:07
Aw, so sad that Avalon had to leave. The only comfort at times like these is knowing you cared for her and gave her a good life.

purplelady
14-Jan-09, 23:43
so sorry to hear about your dear friend feel like crying for you i know it will come and mine are getting old am not looking forward to having to go though it xxxxxxx

cazmanian_minx
15-Jan-09, 18:34
Thanks, everyone. We're gradually getting used to the cat-shaped hole in the house, but it's going to take a while for me to stop automatically stopping by the sofa to give her a stroke when I walk through the living room.

binbob
15-Jan-09, 19:28
so sorry....run free,avalon.god bless.

Dadie
15-Jan-09, 23:05
so sorry she had a good life with you and its like losing a member of the family isnt it.