PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home, Beta

Julia
12-Jan-09, 22:28
Anybody using Playstation Home? What do you think of it? I like playing pool, it's quite addictive.

router
13-Jan-09, 11:09
Not a very active game to say the least. not much exercise gained by playing that, you should try something like wifit, better for the mind and body;)

balto
13-Jan-09, 11:14
Not a very active game to say the least. not much exercise gained by playing that, you should try something like wifit, better for the mind and body;)
aye apparently it is very good at burning of the calories, but apparently if you are over weight it insults you by saying you are obese, if you put in the wrong height, well it did to a friend of mine anyway.

router
13-Jan-09, 11:25
aye apparently it is very good at burning of the calories, but apparently if you are over weight it insults you by saying you are obese, if you put in the wrong height, well it did to a friend of mine anyway.

You are joking, can it really do that, i have only ever heard of people playing on the wifit and have been told is is a hundred% better than playstation , better for you and much more fun:lol:

Julia
13-Jan-09, 13:11

Now you are having a go at me cos I'm overweight, just how low can you get!

Gizmo
13-Jan-09, 13:16
You are joking, can it really do that, i have only ever heard of people playing on the wifit and have been told is is a hundred% better than playstation , better for you and much more fun:lol:

Yeah the bloomin thing told me i was obese, and i'm not even fat :lol: the problem with it is that it gives you no option to enter what build you are, i'm a short arse at 5'3" but with all the time i spend in the gym i've put on about a stone in lean muscle so i'm quite stocky and 10st 9lbs, so when went on the Wii Fit and entered my height and sex the cheeky damn thing told me i was obese :~(

But apart from being a cheeky git the Wii Fit is a fantastic thing.

telfordstar
13-Jan-09, 13:17
Anybody using Playstation Home? What do you think of it? I like playing pool, it's quite addictive.

My hubby is totally addicted to it he's quite good at the pool and bowling and has had some interesting conversations.

balto
13-Jan-09, 13:26
anyone tried the wii family trainer, my mate has it and my kids were playing it with hers over christmas and it loooks brilliant, think i might inveest in one myself.

router
13-Jan-09, 13:28
Now you are having a go at me cos I'm overweight, just how low can you get!

where do I mention anything about weight.you should read the post before jumping.

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 13:29
Me and my OH have 2 xbox 360's (one each), PS3 & 2, and a Wii. I have to say my favourite is xbox. But i do like the PS3 for Little big planet! It rocks!

My OH is the one mainly on the PS3 (his fav is the xbox too tho) and he has been on the PS3 home and didna make that much of it!

I think im just used to the good old Xbox 360! I am more at edge waiting for games comin out on it than the PS3. (Halo ODST :))

And as for the Wii....we were all giddy for about a month then i just got so easily bored by the games! And wudna like to try Wii fit, the mirror can tell me if im too overweight! :lol:

telfordstar
13-Jan-09, 14:05
Me and my OH have 2 xbox 360's (one each), PS3 & 2, and a Wii. I have to say my favourite is xbox. But i do like the PS3 for Little big planet! It rocks!

My OH is the one mainly on the PS3 (his fav is the xbox too tho) and he has been on the PS3 home and didna make that much of it!

I think im just used to the good old Xbox 360! I am more at edge waiting for games comin out on it than the PS3. (Halo ODST :))

And as for the Wii....we were all giddy for about a month then i just got so easily bored by the games! And wudna like to try Wii fit, the mirror can tell me if im too overweight! :lol:

Mirrors are cheaper than a wii fit to.

telfordstar
13-Jan-09, 14:07
where do I mention anything about weight.you should read the post before jumping.

I must admit your post did seem to me to be suggesting that julia needs to exersise but maybe that's just me not everyone who uses a wii and wii fit use it for the exersise part more the fun.

ShelleyCowie
13-Jan-09, 14:55
Mirrors are cheaper than a wii fit to.

thats true! I was lookin at the price of Wii Fit and whats the point in me spending so much money on something that will be great for a week and then sit and collect dust....like the Wii its-self!

Julia
13-Jan-09, 15:53
I must admit your post did seem to me to be suggesting that julia needs to exersise but maybe that's just me not everyone who uses a wii and wii fit use it for the exersise part more the fun.

Thank you Telfordstar, that's exactly what he was suggesting.

What has a Wii or Wii fit got to do with playing pool on the PS3 anyhoo?

Playstation Home is virtual reality world not a fitness center.

router
13-Jan-09, 16:10
Thank you Telfordstar, that's exactly what he was suggesting.

What has a Wii or Wii fit got to do with playing pool on the PS3 anyhoo?

Playstation Home is virtual reality world not a fitness center.

Only in ones own mind did the thought of being over weight come into it. Wifit is good for mind body and soul they are all linked, healthy body means healthy mind means healthy soul so get over yourself.

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-09, 00:40
Only in ones own mind did the thought of being over weight come into it. Wifit is good for mind body and soul they are all linked, healthy body means healthy mind means healthy soul so get over yourself.

Hmmmm well im not all that healthy! I enjoy cooking things from scratch, but they are still not all that healthy! And i would say my mind and soul is perfectly healthy and in tact! (Some people may think otherwise) No cheeky comments!!! [lol]

Julia
17-Jan-09, 02:06

Well I don't drink much, I never smoke or take drugs so I have a head start on most people, my mind is healthy too and my conscious clear, not many can say that either! Wii fit can't give me any of the above.

Getting back to the original topic, Playstation Home, drop me a PM if you would like to meet up online or have a game of pool etc..

tommytool
18-Jan-09, 20:07
well julia i think playstation @ home is brill. i use it to talk to ma wee cousins all the time thay think its magic thay evan spend pocket money buying clothes for ther kiddy (in ma day i would be buying football stickers). we interact playing chess and drafts with others all over the world for free, its real time its user friendly and its getting e bairns reading and writing for fun and getting them familiar with the 21st century world of instant high tec broadband.

as for the playstation i think its one o man's better creations in fact i dont evan have a laptop or a pc. i joined the org and have replyed to you using my playstation controller. it takes a wee bit o time typing but it dose e job :roll:

ShelleyCowie
18-Jan-09, 20:11
well julia i think playstation @ home is brill. i use it to talk to ma wee cousins all the time thay think its magic thay evan spend pocket money buying clothes for ther kiddy (in ma day i would be buying football stickers). we interact playing chess and drafts with others all over the world for free, its real time its user friendly and its getting e bairns reading and writing for fun and getting them familiar with the 21st century world of instant high tec broadband.

as for the playstation i think its one o man's better creations in fact i dont evan have a laptop or a pc. i joined the org and have replyed to you using my playstation controller. it takes a wee bit o time typing but it dose e job :roll:

I think games like chess and draughts is awsome! It really gets yer mind going! Always having to think one step ahead!!!

How do u manage to type on the controller! Im poop at it! [lol] Takes me about 10 minutes to type a small sentence!

Also Welcome to the ORG! May you have many happy posts here!!! :Razz

Julia
18-Jan-09, 21:02
I use an old usb keyboard, it's so much handier than inputting txt via the controller, I just can't get the hang of that. U can even chat via bluetooth.

Met lots of interesting people from France, Spain, Germany, Algeria, Italy, all over really and quite a few numptys too, there is a distinct lack of women signed up so come on Shelley get online!

tommytool
21-Jan-09, 05:28
I use an old usb keyboard, it's so much handier than inputting txt via the controller, I just can't get the hang of that. U can even chat via bluetooth.

Met lots of interesting people from France, Spain, Germany, Algeria, Italy, all over really and quite a few numptys too, there is a distinct lack of women signed up so come on Shelley get online!

cheers julia, i wis speakin it till ma dad and gess what ? ...
he had a spare blueteeth keyboard and moose ! i plugged her in and hey presto! im now typing away at break-neck speed (we two fingers)...:D
again it just shows e ps3 is some pece o kit tho i dont think it can help ma spelling.
anyway cheers again for e tip

ShelleyCowie
21-Jan-09, 12:13
cheers julia, i wis speakin it till ma dad and gess what ? ...
he had a spare blueteeth keyboard and moose ! i plugged her in and hey presto! im now typing away at break-neck speed (we two fingers)...:D
again it just shows e ps3 is some pece o kit tho i dont think it can help ma spelling.
anyway cheers again for e tip

Way hay now u can get the typing done in no time at all! Woopee!

I love typing! Its all i have done for years! Went to college and done computer networking etc etc...then worked at BT for 2 years. Now most my day is still on a comp speakin on the ORG! :lol:

trix
24-Jan-09, 04:59

as an observer, i cana see anythin in 'iss statement for somebody til take offence....

i think its guid advice really, if yer overweight or no...

little insecurities comin thro here me thinks!!

devil's sidekick
24-Jan-09, 14:56
i went on playstation home quite a lot for the first 2 weeks after it came out and haven't really been on it since although i do like to play the pool and draughts on it it's good for a pass time.