PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Pasta

Rheghead
12-Jan-09, 18:31
Santa gave me an Imperia past maker which makes spaghetti, fettucini, lasagne sheets and tagliatelle. The recipe given by the supplied instruction book was 12.25 oz of flour and two eggs, this resulted in a rubbish texture and not enough egg. Actually I ended up adding 2 more eggs. Incidentally, jamie Oliver recommends 1 egg to every 100g of flour which is about what I was doing to adjust the recipe in the book. Clearly, they have hens as big as geese in Italy!:roll:

Anyway, now that I have my dough just right thanks to Jamie, my pasta is fantastic.

Has anybody had any success and do you still make your own? I do batches and freeze balls of dough and that works ok.

cheers

chaz
12-Jan-09, 19:10
Hi,i make my own have done for ages now,love it and experimenting with different flavours,enjoy its great fun and great meals :)

Rheghead
12-Jan-09, 19:51
Do you also find that it is more filling than the bought stuff or is it my imagination?:)

chaz
12-Jan-09, 22:19
Hi, yes definatly more filling,and im sure its better for you as you know whats in it:)

Anne x
13-Jan-09, 01:16
Do you also find that it is more filling than the bought stuff or is it my imagination?:)

Not at all 100% in agreement so satisfying I sometimes boil homemade pasta with pinch salt drain add drop butter and Grated Parmesan
Pasta Shoota I call it my homemade name many a hangover it cured for Me and latterly offspring !!