PDA

View Full Version : Gardening forum.

2little2late
04-Feb-06, 00:24
As a very keen gardener I thought it might be a good idea if there was a gardening forum on the message board. Don't know if there are any keen gardeners among us, but if there are then perhaps we could share Q's & A's with each other.

angela5
04-Feb-06, 00:59
As a very keen gardener I thought it might be a good idea if there was a gardening forum on the message board. Don't know if there are any keen gardeners among us, but if there are then perhaps we could share Q's & A's with each other.

Great i just love gardening and i cant wait for spring:)

ice box
04-Feb-06, 03:43
Great i just love gardening and i cant wait for spring:)
Yeh angela i see u have a big garden in front of your house must take alot of time to keep it so tidy and blooming .

porshiepoo
04-Feb-06, 10:06
I'm a keen gardener so I'd love a gardening thread. :D
Can anyone start by telling me the best place to buy compost in bags up here? I've tried making my own several times but no matter what I do it just seems to end up as smelly mush, :( , not quite how Allan Titchmarsh says it should look!!!!!!!

nicnak
04-Feb-06, 10:35
hi porshipoo best place at the moment is coop 2 big bales for £6. and it is really good compost we used it in our polytunnel last year but this year are using organic we have sourced.
hope this helps

paris
04-Feb-06, 10:53
2little2late..think i may of bad repped you instead of good repped , sorry slip of the finger, its a good idea.

Niall Fernie
04-Feb-06, 11:33
Good Idea:

http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47

janette
04-Feb-06, 11:41
Great idea, was wondering how many of you had snowdrops blooming just now. Early I know, but I've had them since mid January.

angela5
04-Feb-06, 11:44
Great idea, was wondering how many of you had snowdrops blooming just now. Early I know, but I've had them since mid January.

No sign of any snowdrops in my garden yet.
And the best compost i've used is the bags out of the coop.

connieb19
04-Feb-06, 12:12
Yeh angela i see u have a big garden in front of your house must take alot of time to keep it so tidy and blooming .I've seen your front garden too Angela..it's lovely...it must keep you really busy..:o)

connieb19
04-Feb-06, 12:37
As a very keen gardener I thought it might be a good idea if there was a gardening forum on the message board. Don't know if there are any keen gardeners among us, but if there are then perhaps we could share Q's & A's with each other.I see your wish has been granted..i notice a new gardening forum now on the board...thanks Niall..Angela..maybe you could share all your gardening tips with us..:o)

krieve
04-Feb-06, 12:40
Its a great idea i love gardening when i get the chance .

connieb19
04-Feb-06, 12:43
I would like to have a nice garden but don't know where to start..hopefully I will get a few tips on here now.:o)

Royster1911
04-Feb-06, 12:46
You can use my garden for practical demonstrations. I`ll look forward to it.:grin:

Tugmistress
04-Feb-06, 13:45
well i have made a post in the gardening bit, if anyone wants to help me out? lol :evil

cuddlepop
04-Feb-06, 16:39
BRILL IDEA.join you in the forum,Luv gardening .find it so relaxing.Dont no many plants proper names so I hope.someones good at descriptions:)

2little2late
04-Feb-06, 22:32
Thanks for the forum. I'm in my element now.

Rheghead
04-Feb-06, 22:35
I've tried making my own several times but no matter what I do it just seems to end up as smelly mush, :(

I think you have done an ok job at making it then, it's supposed to have a ripe smell if done properly.:D

angela5
05-Feb-06, 01:39
is that the one with lots of trees,and a cuple of benches???

No trees sorry but i do have a garden bench and a fantastic patio that i did myself..trees block out to much light.

angela5
05-Feb-06, 03:11
I would like to have a nice garden but don't know where to start..hopefully I will get a few tips on here now.:o)

You can always start with your grass, unless your lawn is very new, scarify and spike now. Clear any leaves as in damp weather they can harbour fungus underneath and you'll end up with a yellow lawn.
Do you have any borders in your garden connie?

krieve
05-Feb-06, 03:20
you sound like you know what you are talking about do you want to give me some advice please maybe you could come and see my garden and see what you think .

angela5
05-Feb-06, 03:26
you sound like you know what you are talking about do you want to give me some advice please maybe you could come and see my garden and see what you think .

Thanks Krieve i don't know that much i'm afraid..not to well on plants either..
i just love being in my garden, i keep my lawn good and my borders tidy..i have a few pots with plants sometimes the odd one dies on me:cry: .
So this forum is great i'll be looking for handy tips myself.

krieve
05-Feb-06, 03:31
what is scarfiy and spike angela ?

ice box
05-Feb-06, 03:34
You can always start with your grass, unless your lawn is very new, scarify and spike now. Clear any leaves as in damp weather they can harbour fungus underneath and you'll end up with a yellow lawn.
Do you have any borders in your garden connie?
Hi angela if pm with my address you could you come and have a look at my garden i seem to have that problem with treesand grass .

angela5
05-Feb-06, 03:44
what is scarfiy and spike angela ?

to spike your grass you should use a pointed piece of rod either wood or metal. breakup the top soils surface (scarify)..it sounds like your garden just needs a good rake:grin:

angela5
05-Feb-06, 03:45
Hi angela if pm with my address you could you come and have a look at my garden i seem to have that problem with treesand grass .

I can't help on tree's sorry i don't have any and i don't know anything about them..maybe you should consult a tree surgeon:grin:

ice box
05-Feb-06, 03:46
to spike your grass you should use a pointed piece of rod either wood or metal. breakup the top soils surface (scarify)..it sounds like your garden just needs a good rake:grin:
Somone done there home work and what if you dont want holes in your grass?

angela5
05-Feb-06, 03:48
Somone done there home work and what if you dont want holes in your grass?

There not going to be big enough for you to fall down:roll:

ice box
05-Feb-06, 05:14
Ok do you know a good tree surgeon mines is like jack and the bean stalk height and i cant see out little on get light in .

unicorn
05-Feb-06, 14:10
If anyone is interested in rabbit shavings for their composters please let me know as it supposedly makes brilliant compost. I also have a compost bin full of compost if anyone is interested cos I cant use it all each year lol.

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 14:14
Do you have any borders in your garden connie?Wow Angela...I'm glad you can help..I do have borders, whats the best thing to plant there and when..I can't wait, maybe with your help I'll have a nice garden this year:grin:

angela5
05-Feb-06, 17:20
Wow Angela...I'm glad you can help..I do have borders, whats the best thing to plant there and when..I can't wait, maybe with your help I'll have a nice garden this year:grin:

You can visit your local flower shop they will advise you on the right bulbs to plant, or there is many garden web sites on the internet that offer good garden tips.:)

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 17:29
You can visit your local flower shop they will advise you on the right bulbs to plant, or there is many garden web sites on the internet that offer good garden tips.:)It might just be easier if you'd come round and do it for me..lol:Razz