PDA

View Full Version : Black ice

smithyhouse
12-Jan-09, 13:39
Have you had an accident caused by black ice , unhappy about
the state of winter roads , please let me know Im trying to collate information re rta's caused by lack of road management.

Gizmo
12-Jan-09, 14:29
You sound like one of those Tv compensation commercials :lol:

Bad Manners
12-Jan-09, 18:46
to what end are you collecting data. and exactly what data are you collecting?

smithyhouse
14-Jan-09, 17:22
My wife had an serious rta caused by black ice transport scotland not been helpful Im trying to find out how many other accidents occured due to ice

smithyhouse
14-Jan-09, 17:24
Not thinking of insurance my wife had serious rta just want to get a answer from powers that be as to why road wasnt gritted or why the gritting doesnt seem to work.

Bad Manners
14-Jan-09, 18:14
i'm sorry your wife has had a serious road accident I do hope she makes a good recovery and is back driving soon. however the decision to grit roads is a council matter you would have to ask about their protocall regarding gritting.
I would like to point out that gritted or not at the end of the day we are all responcable for driving and should drive according to the road conditions if roads are icy black or otherwise . when roads are in these conditions or speed should be very low so as to avoid any serious problems.

TRUCKER
14-Jan-09, 22:17
On what road did the accident happen

smithyhouse
15-Jan-09, 00:06
the causeway mire A9 at Spital

TRUCKER
15-Jan-09, 08:19
The causewaymire is gritted by scotland transerve it is not a council road.

mums angels
15-Jan-09, 10:27
I've had a RTA on the causewaymire(2005) due to road conditions but can't blame anyone but myself the car skidded and i stood on breaks and lost control , a gritter was just on way past and the driver got out came to our aid by putting grit on the petrol tank that was pouring all over the place and the pulled open the door so we could get out as it was jammed on the ground (car was on roof) , he made sure we were with other drivers and went off to countinue to grit the roads. Unfortunatly they can't be everywhere at once and within the hour of him gritting the road it was thick with snow anyway .

blueivy
15-Jan-09, 11:33
My wife had an serious rta caused by black ice transport scotland not been helpful Im trying to find out how many other accidents occured due to ice

Put in a Freedom Of Information request and they have to comply. If they don't take it up with the commissioner who will pursue it. Gone are the days when these agencies could keep that info to themselves (at least on paper it's gone as we have FOI and DP now).

I would put a request in to the Council rather than Transport Scotland.

TRUCKER
15-Jan-09, 22:13
The request would have to go to scotland transerve, the council has nothing to do with trunk roads.