PDA

View Full Version : sick dog

ciderally
12-Jan-09, 09:18
Greyhound Tomas has been throwing up all night...got a bit scary as i thought it was blood...but dark brown mucus now..do i just leave him to come round or take him to vets...dont know what to do for him..he hasent eaten anything dodgy yesterday...anyone any ideas?

skinnydog
12-Jan-09, 10:24
My lurcher did that one time before, no reason for it at all and the sick was exactly like you describe.

Give yours some plain boiled rice for one meal then the next meal rice with fish or chicken and he should be right as rain in no time.

neepnipper
12-Jan-09, 10:54
Sorry to hear Tomas is poorly, try starving him for 24 hours then go on to cooked chicken and rice, small amounts, little and often, canacur from the vets is good for sickness.

ciderally
12-Jan-09, 12:01
thanks for that...was wondering what to feed him...he is feeling very sorry for himself....xx

skinnydog
12-Jan-09, 14:41
Poor man, they do get a right bad dose of the "poor me" when they are not well. If yours is anything like mine, crank up the central heating, let him on the couch and he will be as right as rain in no time!!!

purplelady
13-Jan-09, 00:02
Have to say my dog did that thursday nite she was constantly throwing for a good two hours thought it was something she ate maybe not ehhhh i was going to see how she was and take her to vets next day got up in the morning and she was bouncing around like a pup lol

Miss Mack
14-Jan-09, 21:14
Ciderally, just wondering how ur dog is now, fine i hope?

purplelady
14-Jan-09, 23:44
was thinking the same thing xxxx