PDA

View Full Version : Darts

Hibeechick
11-Jan-09, 18:57
Ok, Who's all watching the Lakeside? Who are you backing? Im backing The Count!

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 18:59
Ok, Who's all watching the Lakeside? Who are you backing? Im backing The Count!

Yeah, it's gotta be The Count, he's been playing pretty darn good.

Hibeechick
11-Jan-09, 19:01
As long as he keeps his cool! Mind him last year having "words" with some of the audience!

Billy Boy
11-Jan-09, 19:02
Second divison darts imho lol, Only one true world champ. phil "the power" taylor :D

celtic 302
11-Jan-09, 19:13
How can you be watching overweight men throwing little-metal-pointy-things at a small multicoloured circle of sponge-stuff, when you could be watching the Eagles @ Giants?!?!

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 19:13
As long as he keeps his cool! Mind him last year having "words" with some of the audience!

He's actually looking kinda rattled, O'Shea certainly looks the more composed of the two so far.

Hibeechick
11-Jan-09, 19:14
How can you be watching overweight men throwing little-metal-pointy-things at a small multicoloured circle of sponge-stuff, when you could be watching the Eagles @ Giants?!?!

Be watching what now?? lol

Hibeechick
11-Jan-09, 19:15
He's actually looking kinda rattled, O'Shea certainly looks the more composed of the two so far.

Definitely, early days yet though. However Hankey has already started complaining about the audience I see.

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 19:27
Definitely, early days yet though. However Hankey has already started complaining about the audience I see.

Aye he's a greeting faced aint he.

dragonfly
11-Jan-09, 19:34
Aye he's a greeting faced aint he.

with a wife like his wouldn't you be?!?!!? :lol:

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 19:58
with a wife like his wouldn't you be?!?!!? :lol:

Eh...she's actually quite a good looking woman, certainly not your average darts players wife, i tell you what i find shocking is that Ted Hankey is only 40yrs old, i thought he was at least 50.

dragonfly
11-Jan-09, 20:05
Eh...she's actually quite a good looking woman, certainly not your average darts players wife, i tell you what i find shocking is that Ted Hankey is only 40yrs old, i thought he was at least 50.

Hankey's wife good looking??? we on about the same one - dark hair, glasses, jumps up showing her bingo wings every time the camera is on her??

ooops, just seen his wife and its not who I thought it was!!! it must be his mother or groupie that I am on about

Billy Boy
11-Jan-09, 20:08
Hankey's wife good looking??? we on about the same one - dark hair, glasses, jumps up showing her bingo wings every time the camera is on her??
Lol, that's his mum!:lol:

dragonfly
11-Jan-09, 20:15
thanks Billy Boy, just found that out!! :lol: :roll:

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 20:17

ooops, just seen his wife and its not who I thought it was!!! it must be his mother or groupie that I am on about

No no no no no, she's sitting beside Tony O'Shea's missus, mid 30's, light brown wavey hair

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 21:04
Heebus jeebus...ma wee herty is racin'....magic derts :D

Hibeechick
11-Jan-09, 21:09
oooo can Hankey get this leg??

Hibeechick
11-Jan-09, 21:10
Think we'll be here for a bit yet lol

Hibeechick
11-Jan-09, 21:27
woo hoo! 'Mon the count :D

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 21:30
What a match...i was on the edge of my seat for so much of it that i damn near fell off :lol:

Buttercup
11-Jan-09, 21:32
Great game ~ compulsive viewing. :lol:

dragonfly
11-Jan-09, 21:33
there's better games in Wick on a Tuesday night ;)

Billy Boy
11-Jan-09, 21:37
there's better games in Wick on a Tuesday night ;)

Very true lol, But the player's in wick would be sweating more! :lol:

scorrie
12-Jan-09, 02:56
The match was tripe. Hankey has always been a good 180 player but he is way inconsistent. His mental attitude is also ropey. Scoring power pulled him through but Phil Taylor would destroy him. BDO is Mickey Mouse darts, the averages are piss. Barney managed to average over 100 per throw in the final against Phil Taylor and was still pumped by a score of 7-1. Either player would trounce Hankey without breaking sweat.

hotrod4
12-Jan-09, 05:56
Ahhh Brings back memories, Jocky Wilson and Eric Bristow in the assembly rooms. Two kids kicking a ball about a park, jumpers for goalposts.:lol:

maidenmania
12-Jan-09, 15:48
The match was tripe. Hankey has always been a good 180 player but he is way inconsistent. His mental attitude is also ropey. Scoring power pulled him through but Phil Taylor would destroy him. BDO is Mickey Mouse darts, the averages are piss. Barney managed to average over 100 per throw in the final against Phil Taylor and was still pumped by a score of 7-1. Either player would trounce Hankey without breaking sweat.

A bit harsh, although it is true that Hankey is a streak player and I believe (without checking) that he still holds the record for the fastest ever set at BDO World Champs. Taylor is on a different level to all other players on the planet and without him the PDC would be little better than the BDO. There are as many mediocre players in PDC as BDO, I know as I play against them in Superleague darts.