PDA

View Full Version : Thurso or Wick

dook
11-Jan-09, 00:42
Several threads lately seem to point to Wick being the crime hot spot of the north and surely this reputation is not deserved. Thurso doesn't seem to get the same press but must have similar issues. Any reason or are Thurso people just a lot nicer? Personally I like them both especially Golspie.

ShelleyCowie
11-Jan-09, 00:49
I think people have a preseption (Spelling i know) that Wick is as they say "the dark side". To me...Thurso can be as bad! I am actually from thurso so im not sticking up for Wick because i live there cos i dinna! Lol!

Maybe people just think Wick is worse for crime but indeed Thurso has as much!! Vandalism in what i used to call "the spacey"! The wee entrance to the street between the jewellers and the new dounreay place. How much spray paint etc etc is there!!

Salad Fingers
11-Jan-09, 01:01
Thurso can't hold a candle to the Wick. mmmmmmmmmm wrong phrase to use;)

Buttercup
11-Jan-09, 02:01
Several threads lately seem to point to Wick being the crime hot spot of the north and surely this reputation is not deserved. Thurso doesn't seem to get the same press but must have similar issues. Any reason or are Thurso people just a lot nicer? Personally I like them both especially Golspie.

Probably comes from the court cases in the Courier and Groat, as a general rule the majority appear to be from the Wick side, don't they?
But then again Thurso people are a lot nicer, no bias here (choost Thursa born an' bred) [lol]
Ok. I'm now ducking my head waiting for the flak.

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 02:15
There's quite a bit of violent crime in Wick going by the court pages of the local rags, but one thing that Thurso seems to have quite a bit more of is sex crimes, certainly a lot more than Wick, so the Weekers will batter ye and steal yer tele but e Tina Bowlies will fiddle wi yer bairns:eek:....ah think we should all move to Watten :lol:

dook
11-Jan-09, 02:25
There's quite a bit of violent crime in Wick going by the court pages of the local rags, but one thing that Thurso seems to have quite a bit more of is sex crimes, certainly a lot more than Wick, so the Weekers will batter ye and steal yer tele but e Tina Bowlies will fiddle wi yer bairns:eek:....ah think we should all move to Watten :lol:

Are ye mad. Watten has that massive crack cocaine fuelled gang war going on just now. No hang on that's Kingston, Jamaica. Sorry, my bag.

butterfly
11-Jan-09, 02:36
i think theres good and bad in every town,less so in the villages cause of the smaller population,but maybe all the country people come into the town on weekend and do a bit o vandalism......only joking[lol]

slinky
11-Jan-09, 03:17
as bod dylan says the times they are a changing good kicking most is little twats need gang or no gang id bang every mouth of em challenge em at once guaranteed most would run i dont have two belly buttons for no reason lol and they still ran away ad hid worlds to soft stick up for urself or put up we it simple as that younger generation are scum well most untill they meet a good solid old fist:lol:more education courses boxing club update youth club gie same as when i was ere no drugs but good old fun

butterfly
11-Jan-09, 03:30
aye slinky,but violence breeds violence and what you gonna do when they knock yer teeth oot,its hard enough to get a dentist as it is.pavement pizza is all you will end up like[lol][lol]

catnip
11-Jan-09, 03:31
Because they are small towns and everyone knows everyone else in Wick especially, peopele will hear about goings on. We are a small community and everybody has grown up knowing everybody. we hear about every incident whereas if you lived in a big city you know nobody and hear or see nothing.

SOAP BOX

THERE IS NOWHERE FOR THE KIDS TO GO UP HERE

I rest my case!

A worried mother

butterfly
11-Jan-09, 03:45
when i was young if i complained to my mither "i had nothing to do "then she would find me something to do and it was then that i wished i had kept my mouth shut.[lol]

slinky
11-Jan-09, 03:53
aye slinky,but violence breeds violence and what you gonna do when they knock yer teeth oot,its hard enough to get a dentist as it is.pavement pizza is all you will end up like[lol]stick it under pillow hope e tooth fairy is real cause ive learnt there aint no justice best kept bye urself, actions at time 10 of them even 5 mmmm stand in court no [lol]just kicke e face of e little twats ere and then:roll:

butterfly
11-Jan-09, 04:03
i would rather stay within the law instead o stooping till their level,you canna fight fire with fire and i rather a good sleep at night[lol]if we all went aboot striking oot at people then what example does that set?we would all be doon the u bend

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 10:13
as bod dylan says the times they are a changing good kicking most is little twats need gang or no gang id bang every mouth of em challenge em at once guaranteed most would run i dont have two belly buttons for no reason lol and they still ran away ad hid worlds to soft stick up for urself or put up we it simple as that younger generation are scum well most untill they meet a good solid old fist:lol:more education courses boxing club update youth club gie same as when i was ere no drugs but good old fun

Ahhh...the days of inebriated forum posting, i remember them fondly :lol:

ShelleyCowie
11-Jan-09, 10:47
Think i will move to Orkney then!

Had on.....dont know what came over me there i take it back! :lol:

hotrod4
11-Jan-09, 10:55
Think its pretty much the same in both towns. If you check the groat on a Friday you'll find its pretty balanced between the two.Wick is not worse than Thurso and vice versa.They both have their "idiot" element, just look at the court pages and you'll find the same old names cropping up time and time again. I blame the courts as they seem to impose curfews, they break the curfew so what do they do? Put them on another one!!!! Its madness, break the law get punished but if you canna be bothered then just break the curfew you wont get jailed anyway. Bit of a wrong message to send out.get caught speeding etc and feel the full force of the law, batter someones head in and get a curfew.
Crazy:confused:

dragonfly
11-Jan-09, 11:19
SOAP BOX

THERE IS NOWHERE FOR THE KIDS TO GO UP HERE

I rest my case!

A worried mother

there are plenty of places for kids to go/things to do, they just need to get off their backsides and look what clubs they can join, interests they can take part in - badminton, squash, swimming, athletics, football, bowling (indoor & outdoor), youth clubs, fishing, cycling, martial arts.

hanging around the street only develops the gang culture that this whole country is becoming riddled with, let alone just Wick or Thurso.

Wick has its worthies who are up in court time after time just as Thurso has, I don't think one town is worse than the other

floyed
11-Jan-09, 11:30
there are plenty of places for kids to go/things to do, they just need to get off their backsides and look what clubs they can join, interests they can take part in - badminton, squash, swimming, athletics, football, bowling (indoor & outdoor), youth clubs, fishing, cycling, martial arts.

hanging around the street only develops the gang culture that this whole country is becoming riddled with, let alone just Wick or Thurso.

Wick has its worthies who are up in court time after time just as Thurso has, I don't think one town is worse than the other

I agree with you there is lots for people to do, they just don't go looking for it or can't be bothered.

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 11:35

A lot of kids are just not interested in those kind of things these days.

dragonfly
11-Jan-09, 11:41
exactly, they perfer to hang around the street boasting how inebriated they were last night.

Parents should be encouraging kids to take part in these types of activities again - but knowing some of the parents whose kids hang around the streets of Thurso, they are only interested in themselves and the kids are a too much of a hassle for them!!

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 11:52
Parents should be encouraging kids to take part in these types of activities again - but knowing some of the parents whose kids hang around the streets of Thurso, they are only interested in themselves and the kids are a too much of a hassle for them!!

And that's the main problem these days, we have a country full of Vicky Pollards raising kids, they just don't care about their kids and what they get up to, i may not have turned out to be the shining beacon of light that my parents intended, but they tried there bloomin hardest and never gave up.

Welcomefamily
11-Jan-09, 12:02
I believe the figure show Wick as a major problem and Pultney Town has been identifed as a major concern. At the end of the day there are some poor parents as well.

hotrod4
11-Jan-09, 12:51
Pulteney always gets bad rep but it shouldnt. Its not as bad as some may think. Its a nice place and there isnt much crime, albeit its isolated to certain areas. But what do you expect when the council shove anyone they want into an already "bad area". Its the same the world over. If you shove all the undesirables in the same are your bound to get trouble.
Wick has Cider alley, Thurso has the glebe. I am sure there are people who live in both places who will tell us that its not a bad area. And how right they are, its not the area its some PEOPLE who live in the areas that make it "Bad".

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 13:03
The Glebe is like The Vatican, it's a soverign state subject to it's own laws, it's not really part of Thurso :lol:

Bazeye
11-Jan-09, 14:41
The Glebes ok, Ive walked through it many times without wearing my stab proof vest.

Gizmo
11-Jan-09, 14:43
The Glebes ok, Ive walked through it many times without wearing my stab proof vest.

That's only because the last time you walked through the glebe wearing it some pinched it off your back :lol: