PDA

View Full Version : inverness bus ??

craggy island
11-Jan-09, 00:03
Hi
could anyone confirm that the first bus to inverness is at castletown at 10 past 7 on monday morning? my son has to be in the airport for 11.30 and it looks like he may be cutting it a little bit fine, the bus seems to take 4 hours?? is that right?
thanks.

rfr10
11-Jan-09, 00:06
First bus to Inverness leaves Castletown at 07:12 and arrives in Inverness at 11:03

Edited post to prevent confusion- as noted by charliangel below, there is no longer a bus at the times I have stated.

craggy island
11-Jan-09, 00:08
thanks for that :)

charliangel
11-Jan-09, 01:20
Hi

The first bus to inverness now leaves castletown at 6.54am.

The times only seem to have changed since the beginning of the year. The bus will get him into inverness at 10.29

I checked this on the stagecoach website as i will be travelling to glasgow soon.

rfr10
11-Jan-09, 01:36
Hrm.. that's strange. Coming to think about it, last time I looked at the "Caitheness & North Sutherland" timetable, the service you have stated was there as I used it to get to Inverness but it doesn't appear to be there now. Then checking the 25X service timetable alone, it does appear and also when using the journey planner on the CityLink website. Sorry to confuse you but didn't realise Stagecoach would be that far behind.

So in otherwords- the Caithness & North Sutherland timetable is out of date. Think that deserves an email to Stagecoach.

dook
11-Jan-09, 01:39
Hrm.. that's strange. Coming to think about it, last time I looked at the "Caitheness & North Sutherland" timetable, the service you have stated was there as I used it to get to Inverness but it doesn't appear to be there now. Then checking the 25X service timetable alone, it does appear and also when using the journey planner on the CityLink website. Sorry to confuse you but didn't realise Stagecoach would be that far behind.

So in otherwords- the Caithness & North Sutherland timetable is out of date.

Blame blame blame rfr..........haha

rfr10
11-Jan-09, 01:44
Blame blame blame rfr..........haha

Oh be quiet :lol:

nicnak
11-Jan-09, 01:46
If i were you i would check with inverness bus station as my daughter was going to inverness last week and we turned up and waited for the first bus and it never arrived , and the next bus turned up 10 mins early so if we hadnt of been there she would have missed it, The bus driver said oh those are cancelled sometimes and they change the times but dont update either the tables at the stops or the those on the website.! great eh!

rfr10
11-Jan-09, 01:49
Think that deserves an email to Stagecoach.

.. or maybe not. The link for contacting the Inverness area office seems to be broken. Wonder why...

charliangel
11-Jan-09, 01:54
The first bus through castletown is definitely before 7 in the morning, see it passing my house as im leaving for work. Although on the timetable at the stop is still says 7.12am.

rfr10
11-Jan-09, 01:56
The first bus through castletown is definitely before 7 in the morning, see it passing my house as im leaving for work. Although on the timetable at the stop is still says 7.12am.

Yep, you're definitely right with the time you've stated. Just a shame we cant rely on the Caithness & North Sutherland timetable but instead, a timetable which appears to be for these places only-

Inverness - Alness - Invergordon - Tain - Dornoch - Brora

charliangel
11-Jan-09, 01:59
its a good job i checked the website as i only picked up a copy of the caithness and sutherland timetable last week, so obviously i would expect it to be up to date - or was that asking a bit to much.

rfr10
11-Jan-09, 02:02
its a good job i checked the website as i only picked up a copy of the caithness and sutherland timetable last week, so obviously i would expect it to be up to date - or was that asking a bit to much.

I'm guessing you looked at the 25X service timetable on the website, did you?

charliangel
11-Jan-09, 02:03
it might have been, i just used the timetable search faciltiy and said i wanted to go from castletown to inverness.

embow
11-Jan-09, 11:18
There has been some amount of posts made on this topic when the answer is really quite simple. You may recall there were protests about the times of the north buses to Inverness not suiting connections to places further south and folks having to hang around Inverness for over an hour if they missed a very tight conection time. (only 5 mins between buses if I mind correctly).
Stagecoach agreed and changed the times to make the connection better for buses south and also give folks a chance to get out to the airport.
It was well enough publicised in the paper at the end of last year that the new times started on Dec 8th. Two buses in the day were affected and some of the "housing scheme tours" in Ross-shire were removed.
One of the buses affected was the first one in the day. It now leaves approximately 15 mins earlier in the morning from its previous time.
Probably Stagecoach have as yet not printed new timetables to show this but the online one might. I don't know if this is the case or not?