PDA

View Full Version : New Mobile Chip Shop

poppett
10-Jan-09, 20:33
Today I had the most wonderful sweet experience compliments of Richard Booth at Mybster Croft, Spittal. His toblerone cheesecake is out of this world.

Richard uses this cheesecake as a desert on his menu with his catering company "Chef 4 Celebrations". His byline is "I am only limited by your imagination".........too true, Richard......... in this instance you read my mind.

Richard can be contacted on 01847841369 for all your catering needs.

Hopefully he will have his moblie catering unit up and running for a trial run at the croft tomorrow night from 5pm and plans to circulate round the county on a weekly basis with his fare.

Good luck with the venture.

poppett
11-Jan-09, 12:16
Have started a new thread as this tale covers many subjects on the org at present.

This evening from 5pm onwards at Mybster Croft, Spittal, one of our orgers is trying our his new venture, a mobile chip shop/snack bar. All welcome to try his fare.

Before the thread gets moved or I get banished for blatant advertising, please read on...........

The owner of the venture advertised on the wanted forum for a fridge freezer. I had one for sale which he bought along with a freezer we had for sale too. Whilst delivering the units it came into the conversation that there was a chain saw on the premises in need of repair. My OH, being a retired horticultural engineer offered to take it home and see if it was repairable. It was and in exchange we were given a huge toblerone cheesecake (recommendation thread). Whilst all this is going on the orgers have another thread running about bartering skills.

Thanks to the org not only have we made new friends and introduced two other orgers to this chap looking for skilled work needing done in the future, but it turns out we both know our own "Sir Bob"....... What a small world and more power to the Org I say.

Hope a few orgers can make it to Mybster tonight, it would be like a mini orgers convention, with lovely fish and chips etc forbye.

Kathy@watten
11-Jan-09, 12:50
OK where exactly is this place to go for our fish and chips and cheesecake? and what sort of cost? I will do almost anything to avoid making a Sunday dinner tonight!

Kevin Milkins
11-Jan-09, 13:46
I wont be going over to Mybster tonight for my fish and chips ,(I live in Wick) but I do wish the man all the best with his new venture.

The org certainly has many possitive aspects to it.

mrsbaghdaddy
11-Jan-09, 17:14
the way to get to the propetry is head to the A9 (the road opposite the brown trout carry on to the end (this a long road)(5Mile) then hang a left and the first house on the left ( approx 300metre)

if coming from thurso follow the road to inverness pass the little village called spittal and pass the cross roads and it is the first on the left

good luck in the new venture

hotrod4
11-Jan-09, 17:32
Sounds like a good idea and I wish him well. Only thing though if he's "Mobile" will he be venturing into other areas of Caithness as well? I am sure HIE give money to people who travel the county with a service.

wifie
11-Jan-09, 18:00
Lovely story poppett. Great to get some positive vibe going on here just now! Also wonderful to hear community spirit alive and kicking! It may well be taking place as I type but I am sure a few stories like this could inspire others to take the first step. More power to the Org! :)

poppett
11-Jan-09, 19:09
The chip van has been a success so far. My OH had haddock and chips as did my friend, I had scallops pan fried in butter and chips.... all far too much and brilliant value for money.

Bobinovich`s diet is blown clean out of the water, saw him stuffing his face with fish and taking note of the weekly rota for the mobile chippy.

Times are all 16.00-20.00 hrs and the venues are

Halkirk on a Monday
Watten on a Tuesday ........just for you Kathy
Keiss on a Wednesday.........to coincide with the Archery club
Lybster on a Thursday
Dunbeath on a Friday
Mybster Croft at Spittal every Saturday... which is close enough for the
suppers to stay hot to travel
to Thurso!

See you there next week folkies!

Think this should be the new venue for the next Org night out if we make it in the summer months. Alfresco fish and chips in the summertime, what better.??

binbob
11-Jan-09, 19:15
The chip van has been a success so far. My OH had haddock and chips as did my friend, I had scallops pan fried in butter and chips.... all far too much and brilliant value for money.

Bobinovich`s diet is blown clean out of the water, saw him stuffing his face with fish and taking note of the weekly rota for the mobile chippy.

Times are all 16.00-20.00 hrs and the venues are

Halkirk on a Monday
Watten on a Tuesday ........just for you Kathy
Keiss on a Wednesday.........to coincide with the Archery club
Lybster on a Thursday
Dunbeath on a Friday
Mybster Croft at Spittal every Saturday... which is close enough for the
suppers to stay hot to travel
to Thurso!

See you there next week folkies!

Think this should be the new venue for the next Org night out if we make it in the summer months. Alfresco fish and chips in the summertime, what better.??

poppet..silly question...will he go around halkirk or just staion himself in the main st??
i would love some fish and chips..really miss the buckie ones.15 months without...
thank u:roll:

canuck
11-Jan-09, 20:19
wifie, let's set a date, I'll come by your place in my car and we can make the run to Caithness to get our fill of fish and chips. I love fish and chips!

And I'm always happy to meet new orger friends.

wifie
11-Jan-09, 21:28
That's a date Canuck! :D

poppett
11-Jan-09, 22:01
Binbob, have sent you pm with a contact number to make sure you get the chance for a really tasty supper one night soon.

Took a supper home to Thurso to bobandag16 on our way back from Spittal tonight and it was still too piping hot to touch. Huge portion, he had some right away and had enough for two teas later in the week. He will happily freeze then microwave any kind of take-away will my old dad.

One 88 year old man very happy tonight.

Dadie
11-Jan-09, 22:19
Do you know where he will be stopping in Watten?
Diet forgotten about!

Bobinovich
11-Jan-09, 22:34
Well indeed that's the diet well and truly blown! I hope you're both happy (Richard & Poppett that is) - naah, I'm surely allowed a day off once in a while!

Anyway, I came into this when asked about doing a website for Richard's new venture (good luck BTW - as I said I think you're onto a winner) so, when invited, happily agreed to pop out and sample his produce this evening.

Decided to start off with a haddock supper - lovely bit of fish in a wonderfully crispy batter and real chunky chips, all of which went down beautifully - however leaving no space for the cheesecake...

...until just short ago when, with the main course settled, I had half of a huge slice with a wee drop of ice cream - stupendous! This is a truly adult indulgence; waste on the kids at your peril :D

So can I recommend? Absolutely! And as his menu includes both Lasagne and Chicken Curry it will be a difficult choice to make for the next visit!

P.S. Keiss Archery Orgers note: He's gonna be in Keiss on Wednesday nights ;)

poppett
11-Jan-09, 22:59
Richard`s contact number is 841369 if anyone wants to check the actual venue for his village stop overs.

Glad you got a morsel of the cheesecake, but if you need another chunk Bob then you know where I am...... with a huge cheesecake in the fridge!!

Alice in Blunderland
11-Jan-09, 23:13
wifie, let's set a date, I'll come by your place in my car and we can make the run to Caithness to get our fill of fish and chips. I love fish and chips!

And I'm always happy to meet new orger friends.

Hey girls you can come and stay with Alice........we could have a girlie night in then go on the razzle in the Smiddy once the kids have settled.Ive got plenty of room to put you up. :cool:

Canuck I owe you lunch anyway...........any chance of dragging that handsome Dr Szin with you. ;)

Bobinovich
11-Jan-09, 23:33
Do you know where he will be stopping in Watten?
Diet forgotten about!

I believe its going to be next to the playpark.

dirtywicker
11-Jan-09, 23:36
will he be coming into wick at all?

wifie
12-Jan-09, 00:34
Hey girls you can come and stay with Alice........we could have a girlie night in then go on the razzle in the Smiddy once the kids have settled.Ive got plenty of room to put you up. :cool:

Canuck I owe you lunch anyway...........any chance of dragging that handsome Dr Szin with you. ;)

LOL Canuck looks like party on down!

Elenna
12-Jan-09, 00:44
P.S. Keiss Archery Orgers note: He's gonna be in Keiss on Wednesday nights ;)

Oooo...the teen duo and I can grab some on our way out from practice, and then I won't have to cook when I get home!

hotrod4
12-Jan-09, 05:44
Shouldnt this be in the "recommendations"?
good luck to them though. Hope it succeeds.

binbob
12-Jan-09, 09:15
Shouldnt this be in the "recommendations"?
good luck to them though. Hope it succeeds.

or maybe in the FOUND section..if we had one!!!![lol]

poppett
12-Jan-09, 09:49
Hotrod and Binbob.......... originally posted in the general section as the story of how I found this service covered a multitude of other threads so to speak.

Once a few orgers have tasted the fare I am sure there will be a recommendation in that section too.

Better to hear good news many times than not at all.

poppett
12-Jan-09, 11:07
Furthering the cause of the spirit of the org I have had a proposition from Bobinovich.

He is going to be in the Watten area this lunchtime and has offered to deliver a morsel of the toblerone cheesecake to the diet breakers in that area (Kathy an Dadie come to mind)

Please pm me with details of where he has to deliver to before noon today. We want as many folk to sample this beautiful confection (also suitable instead of a birthday cake) as possible, to help further the power of the org!

If Richard is reading this, please do not be offended, just consider your bartering of goods for getting your chainsaw fixed has lead to more folk having first hand knowledge of your catering skills.

binbob
12-Jan-09, 11:17
Hotrod and Binbob.......... originally posted in the general section as the story of how I found this service covered a multitude of other threads so to speak.

Once a few orgers have tasted the fare I am sure there will be a recommendation in that section too.

Better to hear good news many times than not at all.

poppet..i was being sarcastic to hotrod...silly me...so apologies if u took it the wrong way..no offence intended.i will be looking forward to my fish/chips ,later.take care..u really are a poppet!!:Razz

poppett
12-Jan-09, 11:34
No offence taken, I wouldn`t have survived a childhood in Caithness and then chose to return in later life if I was easily offended now, would I?

Many years ago I worked for boss who was a perfectionist. Every part of the job was done in a particular way by everyone so the quality was always the same. When starting a new recruit he always told them to "ask me the same question 100 times if you have to before you get it right, never just take the chance you are doing it right"....... hence my saying I would rather hear it many times than not at all.

Enjoy your treat later... you will be spoiled for choice with the menu and the prices are very reasonable for good sized portions.

binbob
12-Jan-09, 12:05
No offence taken, I wouldn`t have survived a childhood in Caithness and then chose to return in later life if I was easily offended now, would I?

Many years ago I worked for boss who was a perfectionist. Every part of the job was done in a particular way by everyone so the quality was always the same. When starting a new recruit he always told them to "ask me the same question 100 times if you have to before you get it right, never just take the chance you are doing it right"....... hence my saying I would rather hear it many times than not at all.

Enjoy your treat later... you will be spoiled for choice with the menu and the prices are very reasonable for good sized portions.
thanks,poppet..

ciderally
12-Jan-09, 12:16
yaahoo chippy in keiss on wed nightxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

poppett
12-Jan-09, 13:01
My OH`s new year resolution was to make the effort to go on more days out this year. I now suspect he had a cunning plan, an outing round the county each afternoon with tea in varied locations courtesy of the travelling chippy.. never having to cook again, no tatties to peel or dishes to wash....now that`s my idea of a cunning plan, right enough!!

binbob
12-Jan-09, 13:50
quote=poppett;482326]My OH`s new year resolution was to make the effort to go on more days out this year. I now suspect he had a cunning plan, an outing round the county each afternoon with tea in varied locations courtesy of the travelling chippy.. never having to cook again, no tatties to peel or dishes to wash....now that`s my idea of a cunning plan, right enough!![/quote]

sounds good to me.....but not good for the waistline[mine]...........[lol]

poppett
12-Jan-09, 14:46
I have been asked by Richard (who is awaiting his own Org registration to come through) to apoligise to you all anxiously awaiting your chippy in the villages of Caithness this week. Due to a technical hitch over paperwork with Highland Council he can not trade on the streets until the certificate is issued and this can take two or three weeks to be sent out.

However until that happens he has been told he can trade from Mybster as that is private property and there are no health and hygiene issues to be addressed by the Council.

If anyone in the villages happens to have 50 feet of private land he could use in the meantime, please get in touch with him on 841369.

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 09:32
well at long last i have now become a member of the org and i hope i can soon class myself as an orger.

yes i have a mobile chip shop and i hope to provide a service to a number of the out lying communities, in the very near future(2-3 weeks at the most) depending on how quick the council move......:roll:

i would like also to thank, all the orgers who have showen me support and faith in my abillities in the kitchen, especially to my number 1 fan poppet and her better half........lol.

yet again hello and i hope to see you ALL soon

poppett
13-Jan-09, 09:50
Glad you made it into the org family at last.

There is no better place than this forum to find out what is going on in the County.

Looking forward to your postings.

Good luck to you and the family with your ventures and thank you for joining us in Caithness.

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 10:07
well thank you very much for your comments, if there is anything else you would like to try then just holler ok poppet

poppett
13-Jan-09, 10:12
I have lots of sweet ideas, don`t tempt me.

After today there may well be a toblerone cheesecake appreciation society alive and well in Watten. I am making a delivery to Kathy@watten and Dadie later today.

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 10:22
thanks for your very kind words and i feel that i have just found a new family here in caithness and i have also extended my personal family to include a grandad and your good self.

p.s please tell your better half there is two banana's gone of the tree already:evil

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 10:23
i am making more cheesecake if you want more

binbob
13-Jan-09, 10:36
thanks for your very kind words and i feel that i have just found a new family here in caithness and i have also extended my personal family to include a grandad and your good self.

p.s please tell your better half there is two banana's gone of the tree already:evil
well done richard/lizzie....may u live long and prosper..and poppet and OH too.what a team........dynamic or what;)

arana negra
13-Jan-09, 11:48
OH YES please :) not sure how I can get it though :~(

Kathy@watten
13-Jan-09, 14:10
Many thanks to Poppet and hubby for dropping a cheesecake into me.....is lovely and will be organising myself Mybster direction for a wee calorie intake on a regular basis!

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 14:23
i now have plenty cheesecake to go round .......lol

so poppet if you wannt some then you had best get back here before it all goes:lol:

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 14:25
thanks very much, i have made more for the people who would like more or for those who would like to try it for the first time, all you got to do is come on down,

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 15:59
I managed to go to Kathys before my slice was eaten.... but I didnt manage to save some for my hubby.... it evaporated:lol:
oops !
Diet blown again!

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 16:20
then i take it you will be requiring more than just one portion next time then?????????

if you come over to mybster croft i am sure we can accomodate you and you can get your next fix

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 16:27
No next time I will have to be selfish and not open the tinfoil before I get home.

My personal fave is a citrus cheesecake but if you did that I would need double and even at that it may not make it home!

+ I would need bigger jeans!

poppett
13-Jan-09, 18:03
I will have eight pieces please. I will be about town (Thurso) tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to try a piece let me know before noon and i will get delivering this delightfull confection. You should take portion orders and deliver them if you get enough from the same location....... more food for thought.

poppett
13-Jan-09, 18:08
OOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh DADIE !!!

That bit was ENORMOUS !!!!

Three or four portions at least. Will give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe your sister had the bigger segment for herself.

Glad you enjoyed it. If you negotiate a whole one with Chef4 then I am sure it can be delivered............. any variety................ you have the number on your fridge magnet.

Billy Boy
13-Jan-09, 18:25
I take it,that this thread is really just a business adverisment like the one you have in the recommendation thread :confusedIf that is the case, should it not be in the recommendation section.

Btw, welcome to the org ;)

hotrod4
13-Jan-09, 18:54
I take it,that this thread is really just a business adverisment like the one you have in the recommendation thread :confusedIf that is the case, should it not be in the recommendation section.

Btw, welcome to the org ;)
It does seem that way doesnt it;)
Welcome!!

Kathy@watten
13-Jan-09, 19:03
LOL in Dadie's defence she didn't pig the whole bit when she came to collect i kindly allowed her to share hers with my visitors! (whist keeping my bitty hidden in the fridge...I know it's a sin to covet but it is food!) Everyone enjoyed it and are going to spend an hour training it off! We are much obliged to the kindness of poppet and co for our pudding tonight and we will definately being using this much needed service during the lambing time and will look into a party being catered for as I have an impending big...(yes I know nobody will believe it but yes I will turn 30 in the summer) birthday I don't fancy catering for days to feed my guests..planning a barn party in a shed.

hotrod4
13-Jan-09, 19:09
However until that happens he has been told he can trade from Mybster as that is private property and there are no health and hygiene issues to be addressed by the Council.
But there must surely be Environmental health issues as food is being sold to members of the public? Or am I missing something.
Dont want to seem like a killjoy but all foodhandllers have to have certificates as well as premises.I thought there has to be an inspection if food is sold to the public.As far as I am aware you dont if its "private" but if you are trading you have a responsibilty to "protect the public".

As I said not trying to dampen things but I know of people who had alot of bother trying to get street traders licences due to various regulations.

hope it takes off though.

Billy Boy
13-Jan-09, 19:21
This thread is a right good advertisement for a business if ever i seen one lol, I wonder if i advertised my ps 2 in the general section for sale, how long would that last? Not long i bet,but their again i dont know "sir bob" that well ;)

hotrod4
13-Jan-09, 19:26
This thread is a right good advertisement for a business if ever i seen one lol, I wonder if i advertised my ps 2 in the general section for sale, how long would that last? Not long i bet,but their again i dont know "sir bob" that well ;)
I have to agree its one big advertisement or should I say 2 adverts at once!!. Have seen alot less removed as promoting a business.I wasnt allowed to sell sim cards as I was told that I would be seen to be running a business, and that was in the for sale section!!!![lol]

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 19:30
You s*$8 you said your david ate your bit!
My David got none:(

Billy Boy
13-Jan-09, 19:31
I have to agree its one big advertisement or should I say 2 adverts at once!!. Have seen alot less removed as promoting a business.I wasnt allowed to sell sim cards as I was told that I would be seen to be running a business, and that was in the for sale section!!!![lol]

I think they call that double standards!!!![lol]

hotrod4
13-Jan-09, 19:34
I think they call that double standards!!!![lol]
Everywhere you look theres even more of it, help we are being invaded by cheesecakes!!!![lol]

I just hope that ALL Caithness business' get this amount of exposure. crikey they could have saved woolies with all this promotion!!!!:lol:

Billy Boy
13-Jan-09, 19:37
Everywhere you look theres even more of it, help we are being invaded by cheesecakes!!!![lol]

Lol,I think your right we are getting invaded and i think me and you, will be disappearing very soon!!![para] [lol]

Kathy@watten
13-Jan-09, 19:40
LOL David did have pudding after his lunch...I had a wee taste too just checking for poison...lol none found at all! I then have chosen to share the remaining bit with the boys!

Kathy@watten
13-Jan-09, 19:41
LOL he did eat my bitty...I plan to share his bitty with everyone tonight!

poppett
13-Jan-09, 20:15
Don`t forget the cheesecake then, to keep you going on your journey boys!

Billy Boy
13-Jan-09, 20:22
Don`t forget the cheesecake then, to keep you going on your journey boys!

Providing it's not orkney fudge cheesecake! Because that was responsible for me putting on 4 pound in weight in a week over xmas [evil] :Razz

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 21:00
But there must surely be Environmental health issues as food is being sold to members of the public? Or am I missing something.
Dont want to seem like a killjoy but all foodhandllers have to have certificates as well as premises.I thought there has to be an inspection if food is sold to the public.As far as I am aware you dont if its "private" but if you are trading you have a responsibilty to "protect the public".

As I said not trying to dampen things but I know of people who had alot of bother trying to get street traders licences due to various regulations.

hope it takes off though.

just to answer the question about the E.H.O, the council have been out and passed all my equipment and storage as well as the catering trailer, that is why there are no issues to be addressed by the council, they have issued a complience certificate for health and hygene.

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 21:09
kathy thank god we can see where the tread came from and not just the last 2-3 posts or we might have thought it was going somewhere in the gutter.....[lol];)[evil]

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 21:23
Surely getting cake by stealth is immoral.
OI Im glad i only gave your visitors a bit and didnt feelsorry enough to give you a bit too!
Greedy piggy
Should be named and shamed!

Billy Boy
13-Jan-09, 21:32
kathy thank god we can see where the tread came from and not just the last 2-3 posts or we might have thought it was going somewhere in the gutter.....
Sorry about that! we almost took the thread away from being a business adverisment for yourself ;)

I like your user name btw! It wouldnt be what you call your business would it?:rolleyes:

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 21:35
WE??? We???
think it was me and kathy.
didnt see you in the banter at all!

hotrod4
13-Jan-09, 21:49
just to answer the question about the E.H.O, the council have been out and passed all my equipment and storage as well as the catering trailer, that is why there are no issues to be addressed by the council, they have issued a complience certificate for health and hygene.
Not a problem, its just the way it was originally worded about "because its on private land there are no health and hygiene issues" sounded like a way round the system.
Good luck, not that you'll need it youre getting more exposure than most local businesses have ever had on here for free!!![lol]

dirtywicker
13-Jan-09, 21:57
welcome to the org chef4celebrations

are u going to be coming anywhere near wick with the van?
cant wait to try the legendry cheesecake:D

wifie
13-Jan-09, 22:23
Lol,I think your right we are getting invaded and i think me and you, will be disappearing very soon!!![para] [lol]

What a loss to the community that would be - two village idiots gone in one fell swoop! :Razz

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 22:24
i didnt ask for the exposure but it is more than welcome tyvm.

Moonboots
13-Jan-09, 23:05
Sorry about that! we almost took the thread away from being a business adverisment for yourself ;)

I like your user name btw! It wouldnt be what you call your business would it?:rolleyes:

I think some people need to grow up and get a life.

The guy has only been given a welcome and some good comments about his cheesecake.
I dont see nothing wrong with this.

At the end of the day - isnt the org here for chatting and having abit of banter.

All the best in your venture Chef4celebrations.

Moonboots
13-Jan-09, 23:23
What a loss to the community that would be - two village idiots gone in one fell swoop! :Razz

Now I will second that!!!! :Razz

Geo
13-Jan-09, 23:40
Watten on a Tuesday

Saw this too late for tonight so looking forward to trying it next week.

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 23:56
Couldnt have put it better myself.
Kathy is still a piggy though!:lol:

TBH
14-Jan-09, 00:09
Blatant advertising should be banned.

ShelleyCowie
14-Jan-09, 02:18
Im sorry for goin "off thread" But everytime i scroll down the page and see this thread with "Chef4celebrations" on it...i sing....celebrate good times COME ON! da da da da da da da da!! Lol!

Think the OH is sick o it! :roll: lol

Welcome to the org tho!

hotrod4
14-Jan-09, 07:17

The guy has only been given a welcome and some good comments about his cheesecake.
I dont see nothing wrong with this.

At the end of the day - isnt the org here for chatting and having abit of banter.

All the best in your venture Chef4celebrations.
Its not so much "Growing up and getting a life" its more the fact that its blatant advertising that most established local businesses would dream off. Surely if someone is commenting on how good etc a product is then that is a recommendation?. After all its recommending a business and then discussing it afterwards,offering deliveries posting contact details etc.No objections to ANY business getting good publicity,but it seems rather unfair that its left on the main forum when other get theirs moved,pulled etc. More of a case of who you know methinks!;)

hotrod4
14-Jan-09, 07:22
Maybe not village idiots as I live in the town and am not part of the village "clique"[lol]

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 09:53
Why would i need to grow up? This thread is just blatant advertisment for one person's business, But i reckon from your point of view its just returning the favour as poppet often recommends you for your sideline lol, although its recommendations, she does it so often its blatant advertisment aswell :roll:

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 10:30
Now I will second that!!!! :Razz

And what did they call you in the village lol? "swinger" [lol] i make a really good village idiot, btw

chef4celebrations
14-Jan-09, 10:43
Why would i need to grow up? This thread is just blatant advertisment for their business, But i reckon from your point of view its just returning the favour as poppet often recommends you for your sideline lol, although its recommendations, she does it so often its blatant advertisment aswell :roll:

who is the their you are talking about? i am a SOLE TRADER and the last time i looked that ment i worked alone[evil]

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 10:49
who is the their you are talking about? i am a SOLE TRADER and the last time i looked that ment i worked alone[evil]

Touched a raw nerve lol? Dear, Dear,just one misplaced word and i get the evil eye :lol:

Gizmo
14-Jan-09, 11:40
I don't really see this thread as blatant advertising of someones business, it started out as welcoming a new member who just happens to have started a new business and then descended into a recommendation thread, so it probably should be moved to the recommendations section.

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 12:21
I don't really see this thread as blatant advertising of someones business, it started out as welcoming a new member who just happens to have started a new business and then descended into a recommendation thread, so it probably should be moved to the recommendations section.

I have to disagree! This thread is very blatant,This thread only started after poppet made a thread in the recommendation section "the mobile chip shop" Followed by the thread "the power of the org" In the general section(now moved to recommendation's) All centred around Chef4celebrations. And now this one.
In my eye's that's as blatant as it get's:roll:

buggyracer
14-Jan-09, 12:49
I have to disagree! This thread is very blatant,This thread only started after poppet made a thread in the recommendation section "the mobile chip shop" Followed by the thread "the power of the org" In the general section(now moved to recommendation's) All centred around Chef4celebrations. And now this one.
In my eye's that's as blatant as it get's

has your life ended due to this "blatant advertising" :eek::roll: no, i didnt think so, who cares? really?? good luck to them :D

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 13:09
has your life ended due to this "blatant advertising" :eek::roll: no, i didnt think so, who cares? really?? good luck to them
Do i care that you dont care,NO, i know so, who cares? never!!:eek:

buggyracer
14-Jan-09, 13:19
Do i care that you dont care,NO, i know so, who cares? never!!:eek:

you need to get out more :lol:

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 13:26
I think we all need to get out more...lol
Maybe go to the mobile chip shop......lol

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 13:29
What was it called again.....

God ive got a bad memory!!!

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 13:31
How did you know that Billy lol..
Meant to have kept that quiet....

Im the king o the swingers... the jungle VIP...

Remember You are giving me a recommendation lol

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 13:39
How did you know that Billy lol..
Meant to have kept that quiet....

Im the king o the swingers... the jungle VIP...

Remember You are giving me a recommendation lol
Lol I did here when you were swinging you roared like tarzan :lol:

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 13:43
What was it called again.....

God ive got a bad memory!!!

Ermmm i think it was commie5shindig or something like that :lol:
Lol i do need to get out more,an thats no the nut house either:eek:

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 13:48
Lol i do need to get out more,an thats no the nut house either:eek:

Would I have said that now lol...

Moonboots
14-Jan-09, 14:02
Think i need to calm down then.. too many hearing me lol

wifie
14-Jan-09, 15:44
Maybe not village idiots as I live in the town and am not part of the village "clique"

Och I knew you would say that as soon as I pressed submit! Have you never wanted to be one of the village people? ;)

i make a really good village idiot, btw

That's it Billy Boy you be proud of yer achievment! :D

Billy Boy
14-Jan-09, 15:51
[quote=wifie;483636
That's it Billy Boy you be proud of yer achievment! :D[/quote]

Lol does that mean your wheelie proud since you come from a clan of village idiots ;)[lol]

wifie
14-Jan-09, 16:11
I take after the other side of my family more! [lol]

chamb
14-Jan-09, 17:45
This must be the best case of one rule for u and another for the rest, why has this not been pulled, its clear poppet is part of the outfit.

I am outraged, I was disaplined for a lot lot less.

I think the org need to get a grip, its showing that if your face fits they dont care.

hotrod4
14-Jan-09, 18:41
has your life ended due to this "blatant advertising" :eek::roll: no, i didnt think so, who cares? really?? good luck to them
Its not the advertising, its blatantly allowing one business to get loads of exposure(through plugging) when their are established local businesses that cant advertise because if they do the thread will be pulled.I have seen many new businesses posting on here and they get moved sharpish,but this new venture was allowed maximum exposure for at least 4 days before rightfully getting moved to recommendations.Its more a case of be fair to ALL traders not just one who happens to be friendly to a mod.That is certainly my point. As a community site be even handed and fair to Everyone not just a certain clique.:( I wish all ventures the best of luck not just the org sponsored ones!!

chef4celebrations
14-Jan-09, 21:00
good evening CHAMP

just for your information YOU are just as much a part of "my outfit" as you put it, as i also purchased 2 pieces of catering equipment from yourself the other day if you recall, just the same as poppet, whom i also purchased from, also through this web site

[/URL][URL="http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?u=5594"]poppett (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?u=5594)
.Orger

http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon1.gif
Have a Hoover A+ rated fridge freezer for sale. It belonged to my late brother in law who died in September, and he only bought it last year in the January sales.

It is in storage at Castletown just now, but easy enough to access if it is what you want.

Had hoped for about £120 for it, but open to any reasonable offer.

Phone or text to 07881498977 if you are interested.

as you can see.

i have also traded skills between poppet, her other half, and some of their friends, my skills as top cheesecake maker have stood me in good stead in the bartering of sed trades

chamb
14-Jan-09, 21:28
good evening CHAMP

just for your information YOU are just as much a part of "my outfit" as you put it, as i also purchased 2 pieces of catering equipment from yourself the other day if you recall, just the same as poppet, whom i also purchased from, also through this web site

[/URL][URL="http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?u=5594"]poppett (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?u=5594)
.Orger

http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon1.gif
Have a Hoover A+ rated fridge freezer for sale. It belonged to my late brother in law who died in September, and he only bought it last year in the January sales.

It is in storage at Castletown just now, but easy enough to access if it is what you want.

Had hoped for about £120 for it, but open to any reasonable offer.

Phone or text to 07881498977 if you are interested.

as you can see.

i have also traded skills between poppet, her other half, and some of their friends, my skills as top cheesecake maker have stood me in good stead in the bartering of sed trades

I may have sold a couple of items of equipment that doesnt mean I am going to rollover and ignore the org being for people whos face fits? Selling my equipment was no more than off loading what I dont need, and everyones money is spendable.

Kevin Milkins
14-Jan-09, 23:02
I will have to get in the habit of reading posts more carefully.:(

I have been saving up all my sins this week so I could take Mrs M out for dinner at the new chippy to be situated at Keiss tonight between 4 and 8 pm.

We rocked up outside the village hall just the back of 6 expecting to see a ruck of folk all jostling to get there fish and chips and with not a sole in sight we thought we might have got it wrong.

After the archery club started I asked if anyone was any the wiser and it seems the chippy man is still waiting for his licence.:confused

Every cloud has a silver lineing though as it is curry night at the pub there on a Wednesday and they had the best pint of Theakstons I have ever tasted.:Razz

cuthill
15-Jan-09, 19:14
I have waited all week to get fish and chips { my mouth was watering } when my O/H came back with nothing i could have screamed.Thats what happens when you dont read all the comments,hurry and get your licence

chef4celebrations
16-Jan-09, 11:13
i must re-itterate to the lovely folk of caithness, that due to the highland council's trading rules and regulations, i am only allowed to trade from private property at the moment, until i have my street traders licence.
Thank you for your patience and i hope to see you all soon in your lovley villages, or PM me for more info.

Dadie
16-Jan-09, 11:34
Whats the timescale for getting a street traders licence??
Weeks or months?
When you get it will you let us all know!
1 day off doing dinner would be nice at least once a month!

chef4celebrations
16-Jan-09, 13:28
the council have said 3-4 weeks for a full license but 2 weeks for a temp one

daviddd
16-Jan-09, 19:11
I just passed through Mybster en route Causwaymire and noted the chippie is open tonight.

chaz
18-Jan-09, 14:44
We went to the chip van last night, it was excellent .And that comes from a family who are not great chip shop fans.We thought we would give it a try and were not disapointed.Great chunky chips :D

1905Struan
18-Jan-09, 18:57
Had Fish & Chips last night chips were tasty, the fish was okay. But wasnt as hot when we got to where we were going.

Was dearer than we had expected, but its a treat so once now and again I supose.

Will go again

changilass
18-Jan-09, 19:08
What like are the prices?

mrsbaghdaddy
19-Jan-09, 10:41
[quote=1905Struan;485864]Had Fish & Chips last night chips were tasty, the fish was okay. But wasnt as hot when we got to where we were going.

Was dearer than we had expected, but its a treat so once now and again I supose.

i was wondering how far did you travel because i had a fish supper last friday night and travelled back to thurso and it was still hot

also i think the prices are ok cheaper than some fish and chip shops

Dadie
19-Jan-09, 22:13
Will you be mobile by valentines night?
Hubby can get my a chip supper then.:lol:

Kevin Milkins
19-Jan-09, 23:09
Will you be mobile by valentines night?
Hubby can get my a chip supper then.:lol:

And who said romance was dead?:D

Dadie
22-Jan-09, 22:14
Took the kids round to the chip van on tuesday.
Bought hubby a supper too!
Nice, tasty and hot!
Thanks

dragonfly
22-Jan-09, 22:24
i passed thru Watten on Tues night after dropping hubby at airport and what a queue was outside the van, looked like he was doing a roaring trade

chef4celebrations
23-Jan-09, 07:12
i would like to thank all the people who have supported me i this venture, and there is a very nice couple, who i could not have done it with out, and they know who they are, and to all the customers a VERY BIG THANKS, for your kind words of support.

regards

chef 4 celebrations

bowline
24-Jan-09, 18:31
just had fish and chips and they were great the chips were fantastic what a cahnge to get a decent chip go and try it

loneranger
27-Jan-09, 15:54
Was wondering are you trading in Halkirk yet as I went down last night just after 7pm and there was no sign of the van at all - we were very disappointed as we were looking forward to it.

What is all on the menu?

chef4celebrations
27-Jan-09, 16:03
all being well i was advised by the council that i should have my licence by the weekend?????? that's wishful thinking....lol. if so then it will be all go.....so see you soon

oldchemist
27-Jan-09, 18:36
No sign of him in Watten this evening (Tue) - anyone know what is going on?

OK - now I have found all the posts so I have the story.

DM07
27-Jan-09, 18:45
LOL!! I was looking for him too and promised my partner a chippy and son. I phoned the number and then found this thread. My partner is off in a grump to the watten shop to get their finest frozen in a box!! OOOPPPPSS. I did see them last Tuesday too with a huge queue! Excellent business idea and hope to see you soon again.

thebigman
29-Jan-09, 11:12
Interesting to see the mumps about the council in all of this.

Given that the first post here was on 11 January and it's been stated that the licence takes two weeks to be issued, I wonder why it is not in the owners hands yet.

DM07
31-Jan-09, 18:25
WOW! We just came back from Mybster with chips and cheesecake! (After eight ) and if heaven had a mobile chip van this one is it!
Words cannot describe how delicious our meal was! Although being a female I could say it was better than (you know what) but I cant say that or my other half wont buy me chips and cheesecake from there again.
I feel like running back over there for some more. BUt Ill have to wait until tuesday nights!
We also bought a packed of those new walkers 'British Breakfast' flavoured crisps from there!? Very interesting, one crisp tasted like egg then the next like bacon.
We are a spoilt nation
Thank you to chef4celebrations!

LMS
01-Feb-09, 10:50
I believe that he will be in Keiss on Wednesday night at the old bus garage, opposite the Corner Shop.

poppett
03-Feb-09, 11:42
You are right about Keiss on Wednesday night LMS.......... the archers will be delighted.

Bobinovich
03-Feb-09, 11:45
Darned tootin' Poppett :D!

Metalattakk
03-Feb-09, 19:22
LOL!! I was looking for him too and promised my partner a chippy and son.

Gotta be said - that's quite some service he's providing.! [lol]

mrsbaghdaddy
03-Feb-09, 21:31
i hear he has serviced quite alot of hungry ladies..................................... with cheesecake.............................pmslrof

Hen Broon
03-Feb-09, 22:24
pop out to Dounreay 6pm on a Back shift do a roaring trade.

ak1
03-Feb-09, 22:42
is the van in Lybster at all?

Bobinovich
03-Feb-09, 22:51
He'll be beside Northlands Creative Glass Lybster on Thursdays - www.chef4celebrations.com (http://www.chef4celebrations.com) & click on Mobile Catering.

LMS
04-Feb-09, 19:03
Had chip suppers tonight - they were excellent. Chips were homemade and everything was freshly cooked to order. Prices were very reasonable as well.

Bobinovich
05-Feb-09, 13:01
Sorry to disappoint everyone but, due to a weather related incident, it looks like the mobile service will be out of operation for a fwe days :(

Dadie
05-Feb-09, 13:16
oops!
Were you dancing on ice??
Hope you are ok!

chef4celebrations
05-Feb-09, 15:46
i am afraid i tried to do a double salto with a back flip and twist, and only ended up in broadsides.............lol

no major damage but a few repairs needed will keep you all informed as to developments, sorry for the inconvenience.

Mik.M.
05-Feb-09, 17:41
i am afraid i tried to do a double salto with a back flip and twist, and only ended up in broadsides.............lol

no major damage but a few repairs needed will keep you all informed as to developments, sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorry to hear of your mishap, are you sure it wasn`t sabotage. Lovely fish & chips last night.The chicken curry is probably next,very reasonably priced meals from a thoroughly nice bloke. We`ll be back! Mik.:lol:

chef4celebrations
06-Feb-09, 20:04
Sorry to hear of your mishap, are you sure it wasn`t sabotage. Lovely fish & chips last night.The chicken curry is probably next,very reasonably priced meals from a thoroughly nice bloke. We`ll be back! Mik.:lol:

thank you very much for your kind words, hope to be back on the road soon, will let you know what happens.

rich

chef4celebrations
07-Feb-09, 18:41
not moblie at the moment

Tugmistress
11-Feb-09, 18:15
are you back up and running yet? fancy trying some of these chips for myself, and if you are, where?

joxville
11-Feb-09, 18:18
are you back up and running yet? fancy trying some of these chips for myself, and if you are, where?

Now I know where to take you for dinner. [lol]

Tugmistress
11-Feb-09, 18:25
Now I know where to take you for dinner. [lol]

haha i'm a cheap date jox - a good chippy and a can of beer and i'm happy :D

boon
12-Feb-09, 15:23
hi does anyone know if he is up and running yet??

chef4celebrations
13-Feb-09, 17:08
sorry tugmistress i can supply the food but not the booze ( not licenesed for that) ha ha

biker5
13-Feb-09, 17:11
so when u on the road again i think we need to know???

chef4celebrations
13-Feb-09, 17:19
parts on order..... so as they are fitted then i will let you know, hopefully in the next few days, will keep you posted,

biker5
13-Feb-09, 17:26
okeydoke.
cheers for the reply

Tugmistress
13-Feb-09, 17:28
haha nice one chef ....
if you aren't mobile yet are you still doing the saturday night at the croft?

Just been informed that he not yet mobile and will be only operating from the croft this week ..... guess i'll have to go find it :D

joxville
13-Feb-09, 18:45
haha i'm a cheap date jox - a good chippy and a can of beer and i'm happy :D

I hope you dress up though...wear your spangly wellies. [lol]

chef4celebrations
13-Feb-09, 18:52
i am sure she will dress for the occasion jox..........pmsl

unicorn
13-Feb-09, 18:54
Are you taking orders tuggs :lol:

Tugmistress
13-Feb-09, 23:10
sorry unicorn, was already at work when you posted! went through tonight and it was yummy! i'm still stuffed now! best chips i've tasted up here :D never got to try any cheesecake though, so a repeat visit is definately on the cards :D

mrsbaghdaddy
14-Feb-09, 16:25
just found out he is not opened tonight as he has a date in thurso !!!!!!

Mik.M.
14-Feb-09, 20:14
Is it with Tuggs???? LOL!!:lol:

poppett
15-Feb-09, 12:03
Hope you get mobile soon... Keep telling folk it will be worth the wait.

Missed the "crack" on Saturday night with you being otherwise engaged. Let us know when you are up and running again please.

dragonfly
15-Feb-09, 12:37
had the opportunity to try the toblerone cheesecake last night, however have to say that I didn't like it - just not to my taste, but sure others will enjoy it ;)

changilass
15-Feb-09, 13:41
Its the After Eight cheesecake I want to try, my two favourites together.

poppett
15-Feb-09, 16:55
Changilass the after eight cheesecake is very nice.

Today`s treat were muffins.......... toffee and double choc...........yummy. They were a treat for my OH who has been very ill with cellulitis (and me) to enjoy.

Moonboots
15-Feb-09, 17:51
Changilass the after eight cheesecake is very nice.

Today`s treat were muffins.......... toffee and double choc...........yummy. They were a treat for my OH who has been very ill with cellulitis (and me) to enjoy.

What happened to your neighbour [lol]

poppett
15-Feb-09, 23:23
You were too busy looking up the recipe for Rabbit Rogon Josh, weren`t you? Didn`t want to spoil your appetite. Sorry Moonboots & Co. Will make it up to you somehow.

joxville
16-Feb-09, 00:14

Is it with Tuggs???? LOL!!:lol:

It had better not be, I hate being two-timed!

Tugmistress
16-Feb-09, 12:17
It had better not be, I hate being two-timed!
Dinna worry jox, he was doing some sort of club gathering in thurso, i was nowhere near!

chef4celebrations
16-Feb-09, 13:56
I have just noticed that this is the most veiwed thread in this section.

i would like to thank you all for your continued support and i will hope to be mobile again for mid week, i think lybster and dunbeath are on the cards this week, so watch out in your area, for the big white van man.......lol:lol:, once again thanks for everything all of you.

richard

chef4celebrations
17-Feb-09, 15:06
managed to produce some cheesecake if u intrested......lol

Dadie
17-Feb-09, 23:34
I know im not tuggs but if you make some cheesecake when you are in watten I will make a special effort to come down and get some ...
ps its me with the orange buggy and 2 kids:lol:

mrsbaghdaddy
18-Feb-09, 18:26
just to let you know the chippy is open tonight in spittal, he is hoping to get to lybster tomorrow night :D

cuthill
19-Feb-09, 21:17
My Husband stopped and asked what time you would be leaving Lybster and you said 8 o clock we came down at 7.20 and you were gone { a big let down }

changilass
19-Feb-09, 21:29
I just want a piece of after eight cheesecake, do you pass by Castletown on your travels??

Mr P Cannop
20-Feb-09, 07:17
will you ever be visiting thurso any time soon ??

chef4celebrations
20-Feb-09, 15:16
i will not be going to thurso nor to wick in the future as you have your own chip shops,

sorry

dousslesh
20-Feb-09, 16:05
Will you be in Dunbeath tonight ? !! Really looking forward to trying your fish and chips !

poppett
20-Feb-09, 16:12
In transit to Dunbeath for tonight, Friday.

Enjoy folks!

poppett
21-Feb-09, 17:45
We may have our own chip shops in Thurso, but before you came on the scene Chef we used to go to Helmsdale now and again for a decent fish supper, and we were not alone. I know folk who do the round trip every week of the year at least once and sometimes twice a week in the better weather.

I feel sorry for the folk who can not get out to Mybster on a Saturday night.

neepnipper
21-Feb-09, 22:30
Will you be in Keiss on Wednesday evening?

784pete
23-Feb-09, 04:44
i will not be going to thurso nor to wick in the future as you have your own chip shops,

sorryyea but they all rubbish

johnlc
23-Feb-09, 07:40
What about papigoe and staxigoe?

binbob
23-Feb-09, 08:14
halkirk tonight..monday????

poppett
23-Feb-09, 13:50
Ooh yes Binbob, Halkirk tonight. What happened to your hospital appointment? Do Richard`s chips work better than anti-biotics? My OH will be at Halkirk tonight as dad was moaning today he hadn`t had fish in ages.

binbob
23-Feb-09, 15:53
Ooh yes Binbob, Halkirk tonight. What happened to your hospital appointment? Do Richard`s chips work better than anti-biotics? My OH will be at Halkirk tonight as dad was moaning today he hadn`t had fish in ages.

hi..i have to wait and hear from my consultant as to when and where i will be going.i should hear in next day or two.just want to get on with it now.dogs will be cared for by HPC.

we will be having fish/chips tonight.i am sure they are much nicer than any antibiotic!!!better make the most of it....hope u are all ok.:D

hotrod4
23-Feb-09, 19:43
yea but they all rubbish
I think you are wrong there, Robins in thurso is ace, I have travelled from Wick just to get the smell of dripping!!!
To knock all the chippies isnt very fair!!!

changilass
23-Feb-09, 19:56
Would you rather folks say they are good when they are crap and then others waste their money on false recommendations.

I definately wouldn't eat anything from at least 2 of the chip shops in Thurso - they are boggin'

784pete
23-Feb-09, 21:08
each to there own the best i have had for years is the hotel in castletown cant recomend it enough its class

Aaldtimer
24-Feb-09, 03:56
Would you rather folks say they are good when they are crap and then others waste their money on false recommendations.

I definately wouldn't eat anything from at least 2 of the chip shops in Thurso - they are boggin'

Different strokes for different folks comes to mind on this one!:)

hotrod4
24-Feb-09, 07:42

Each to their own as you say. I have read many good reports on Robins.In wick most of the Chippies are not as good, wouldnt say anyone would waste their money on a "False recommendation" on that one.. Saying that I tried the one in Castletown twice and was not very impressed at all. I got a pattie supper and it was pink!!! Now to me a pattie is made with mince but I have never seen pink mince!!!!(well not cooked anyway;))

Mr P Cannop
24-Feb-09, 09:35
the pitstop chippy is good in wick

LMS
24-Feb-09, 20:12
Is the chip van back in action again? I an hoping that he will be in Keiss on Wednesday night.

Sunshine
25-Feb-09, 00:20
Like you L.M.S. I to am hoping the chip van will be in Keiss on Wednesday night:roll:

neepnipper
25-Feb-09, 08:24
Me too!! Chips in Keiss tonight!?

Mr P Cannop
25-Feb-09, 10:46
where does he go every night ?? eg what routes and places

chef4celebrations
25-Feb-09, 11:47
due to the adverse weather conditions forcast for this evening i am afraid i will not be trading in Keiss tonight.

i would like to send my apologies to the people of keiss.

Mr P Cannop
25-Feb-09, 11:52
do you have a menu of what u offer in ur chip van ??

chef4celebrations
25-Feb-09, 12:15
do you have a menu of what u offer in ur chip van ??

it is on the website i pm you

Orger
25-Feb-09, 16:00
We had some supers out the Chip Van the other, but we did not think much of it unfortunately. Not what we call proper Chips. They are far to big and looked over cooked to. We were looking forward to good Chip Shop Chips but it just wasn't to our taste. If they were normal size they would of been 100 times better. One of the burgers did not look cooked properly either, we didn't eat it. :(

We all hope it will improve.. :)

hotrod4
25-Feb-09, 21:52
We had some supers out the Chip Van the other, but we did not think much of it unfortunately. Not what we call proper Chips. They are far to big and looked over cooked to. We were looking forward to good Chip Shop Chips but it just wasn't to our taste. If they were normal size they would of been 100 times better. One of the burgers did not look cooked properly either, we didn't eat it. :(

We all hope it will improve.. :)
Everyones allowed an "off" day. At least you are honest and posting exactly what you thought,rather than just posting the "good".A business depends on feedback good and BAD, otherwise how can they improve?

BRIE
26-Feb-09, 22:32
went to the chip shop van tonight it was fantastic!! best ive had in a long time:D

Orger
01-Mar-09, 20:12
We went and tried the Chip Van again the other night... :)

Chips were a lot better size we all thought. Much better than the previous week..

The only thing that kind of put us off was that it was very greasy. We had Fish and Sausage Suppers, but it was just a bit greasy for our liking.

But overall it was better that the week before.. We will try next week to see if it has improved again..

Thanks. :)

LMS
04-Mar-09, 19:42
No show again in Keiss tonight. The poor natives are starving.

chef4celebrations
04-Mar-09, 23:01
i do appologise but there is something that is telling me not to go to keiss, everytime i get the van ready to go out on the road to keiss something goes wrong, or breaks, or the wind gets too strong for the trailer
(45-50mph), out of the 6 weeks i tried to get to you once i made it and then crashed on the way back, and i was only going 20mph, and tonight one of my chip tubs broke apart when i picked it up and 2 sacks of prepared chips were wasted as they fell all over the drive and had to be thrown away. maybe in the future it might be put back on the route when i have the other van.
sorry for the inconvenience, and please feel free to come to my other locations which will be on my website in due course.

c4c

Orger
10-Mar-09, 18:30
Only us again... :)

We called in at the Chip Van on Saturday...

Have to say the Chips are getting much better.. A wee bit of a crisp to them to, and not as greasy as before.. Improved..

Cant say that for the sausages though.. The weren't even cooked..! :( We cut one open to see, and it was pure pink inside.. Two supers were exactly the same.. If we never had went back to the toon, we would of been straight back with them but it was just to far to come back..

Can i ask something c4c..? Do you use a Food Thermometer to check that the food is cooked properly..

Thanks.
:)

chef4celebrations
11-Mar-09, 13:38
S T O P!!! right there

i will call you a liar right now!

i do not know who you are nor do i wish to, but i do not know where you got your catering degree, as the last time i looked pork was pink, as as to serving you raw sausages on saturday night that is down right slander and a lie, as i have a printed till receipt which tell me exactly what i sell and on saturday i did not sell one single sausage.

if you have a valid complaint then by all means contact me, my mobile and house phone are on the org and the van and my website for everyone to see, if i bought prduce that was suppose to be cooked and was served raw, i would either take it back, or contact them directly by phone, neither of which you did.

as to a temperature probe i have 2 and yes i do use them not for every individual item that i cook but for some, you try and probe every chip when i cook 75kg of chips a night.

just incase you missed my number orger 01847/841369 feel free to call.

c4c

hotrod4
12-Mar-09, 07:04
Oh Oh!!!
I think an explanation is required on this one! After all someone is lying and as this is a recommendations thread its only fair that we find out who!!

I havent been to the van and dont know orger so am Impartial,but someone here is not being entirely truthful but which one?
I have planned a visit to the van so my custom depends on this.

As a chef as well I know what critiisism means to a chef as most of us put our heart and soul into our food so to have it demeaned is like a kick in the goolies!
On the other hand as a customer I can be picky too and expect quality and will complain when not right.
I will sit on the fence on this one:).

young
12-Mar-09, 12:02
Had fish and chips from the van last night when it was in Thurso and the fish was beautiful and a really big piece and the chips were great big chunky ones.:Razz

rumpelstiltskin
12-Mar-09, 18:23
I had fish and chips last night and thought it was no better than average.Also at £5.10 for a fish supper i'd rather stand and wait in a warm and dry shop and get something just as good .

Geo
12-Mar-09, 18:30
I'm always a bit suspicious of first time posts either raving about or rubbishing something.

rumpelstiltskin
12-Mar-09, 18:33
I was waiting for a post like that.It's just an honest opinion no more.

Geo
12-Mar-09, 19:05
I'm still looking forward to trying them out as the majority of reviews are very good. Prices do sound a little high but hopefully worth it.

rumpelstiltskin
12-Mar-09, 19:10
Must admit the chips were pretty good and definetly home made.

ak1
12-Mar-09, 19:38
WENT UP TO LYBSTER TONIGHT FOR DINNER OUT THE CHIP VAN AND COULDN'T FIND IT:confused

changilass
12-Mar-09, 20:15
so you felt the need to shout, knock your caps lock off :lol: you is deafening us

dessie
12-Mar-09, 21:41
if its the same chip van that comes to lybster then just fantastic...its about time it was back...good look mate..:Razz

chef4celebrations
13-Mar-09, 14:18
Kodiac they are ready, when, where, and what flavour, as i got 2 different ones....lol
now that will raise a few eye brows in thought....pmsl

Kodiak
14-Mar-09, 22:17
WOW What a Great Service.

OOOOH The Delight of that Wonderful CheeseCake. Thanks Man it was the most Delicious CheesCake I have ever eaten.

OOOPS I should not have said that as now when I go to your Chip Van you will be sold out of CheeseCake.

OK I will be serious.

If you want the Very Best in Fish and Chips etc. Then the Mobile Chip Van is for you. The Fish tastes so fresh and the Batter is superb, I can not praise them Highly enough. If that was not enough then their Home Made CheeseCake is to Die for.

I just had some of the "After Eight" CheeseCake, it was Supernacular and it Did taste just like After Eight.

So if the Chip Van comes your way then treat yourself, believe me your Tummy will thank you. :D

changilass
14-Mar-09, 23:14
I might have had after eight cheesecake had he ever bother to answer the pm's I sent him, looks like I will be sticking to my own, ignorance aint a good trait in a businessman.[disgust]

Norah
15-Mar-09, 00:56
Quite agree. this guy does not appear to have a lot of business acumen.
Maybe if he spent more time repairing van, which I note fails to appear at quite a few locations, and less on PC engaging in irrelevant chit chat, he would receive genuine recommendations, rather than those from mates.

Orger
15-Mar-09, 10:04
Tried the Chip Van again on the way past Dunbeath on Friday..

Have to say Chips are bloody lovely now... :) A lot better we must say..

Tried the Fish Suppers this time, not bad either...

Defiantly getting better c4c..

p.s whats all this about the Cheese Cake, i've heard a lot saying its yummy..!!

Thanks.:D

Geo
15-Mar-09, 13:00
I might have had after eight cheesecake had he ever bother to answer the pm's I sent him, looks like I will be sticking to my own, ignorance aint a good trait in a businessman.[disgust]

Maybe he's not very computer savvy and doesn't notice he has PM's.

S&LHEN
15-Mar-09, 13:11
Tried them but have to say dont like the food much chips were ok but my o,h sausage was lets say under cooked and was ill that night, Food took ages to cook which made it being under cooked quite strange, so needless to say weve not been back since maybe it was just an off day.

chef4celebrations
15-Mar-09, 20:57
reference to the under cooked sausages that some formentioned orgers said they have received from the mobile chip van, this info which has just come from the butcher who manufactures the sausages for me, they are made from 100% fresh local pork, with no rusk, nor additives, or colorants, hence the reason they are still pink in the middle and not white like the mass produced ones.

Kodiak
16-Mar-09, 00:30
Quite agree. this guy does not appear to have a lot of business acumen.
Maybe if he spent more time repairing van, which I note fails to appear at quite a few locations, and less on PC engaging in irrelevant chit chat, he would receive genuine recommendations, rather than those from mates.

I Resent this post and like to say that my Recommendation is 100% Genuine and Accurate. I have only met the owner of the Chip Van 3 Times and that was when I have Bought something from him.

I Strongly Suggest Norah that you get your Facts Correct before making Posts like this. To suggest that he only receives Recommendations from his mates is Totally Incorrect.

As to his CheeseCake iit is not only Yummy it is Superb and this Recommendation is 100% Genuine.

BRIE
16-Mar-09, 10:36
I agree Kodiak! my recommendation was 100% genuine too & i've never met them as my OH went to the van.
Must say that comments like Norah's are a bit low in my opinion! This guy is trying to make a living he can do without someone trying to make out his recommendations are false, & if we wants to engage in irrelevant chit chat he can, he is entitled to some time off!

chaz
16-Mar-09, 11:34
I Resent this post and like to say that my Recommendation is 100% Genuine and Accurate. I have only met the owner of the Chip Van 3 Times and that was when I have Bought something from him.

I Strongly Suggest Norah that you get your Facts Correct before making Posts like this. To suggest that he only receives Recommendations from his mates is Totally Incorrect.

As to his CheeseCake iit is not only Yummy it is Superb and this Recommendation is 100% Genuine.

Im also recomended the chip van and had no previous contact with them so mine is genuine also

1905Struan
16-Mar-09, 11:46
I have tried the mobile chip van, and to be honest I thought it was pricey but the fish and chips were good, better than what you get in the thurso at the moment.

If you want good then you have to travel weather it be to the mobile chip van or to castletown chip shop the only 2 at the moment that are worth going to.

As for the uncooked comments, they are slanderous, which could be detramental to a new business.

But I am realy suprised that the mods havent pulled them for saying such stuff. They normaly jump on others.

changilass
16-Mar-09, 12:08
The fact that they wern't pulled allowed C4C to explain the reasoning behind the colour, so maybe it was a good thing.

chef4celebrations
16-Mar-09, 13:25
due to a family medical emergancy the mobile chippy will not be open this evening in halkirk, service due to resume on its normal routine tommorow.
sorry for the inconvenience,

S&LHEN
16-Mar-09, 16:26
You cant pull anybody for being honest. This is a recommendation site right?? Well explain the piping hot light pink on the outside and the cold deep pink in the middle!! Im sorry but its the truth of our experience I never complained at the time because the way we see it is the best thing to do is not to go back again .... Simple!!
You cant fault people for being honest we dont make a habit of complaining and c4c should be able to take the good with the bad that way if he takes note he will have perfectly cooked food and using the probe on all meat wouldnt go a miss. Its just lucky were not enviromental health thats all im saying on the matter.

grandma
16-Mar-09, 17:14
Have tried chip van in Lybster and it was ok. Had to wait half an hour in cold for it so don't think I'd bother again. Rather wait in Henrietta Street Chip shop and be warm.

igglepiggle
16-Mar-09, 22:18
We tried it a few weeks back, ours was nice, our yongest child didnt even touch the sausages and usually they are first to be finished on his tray. They were a bit spicy. So i wouldnt have them again. I would say the prices are quite expensive for standing in the cold. But the scampi was yummy!!

LMS
17-Mar-09, 19:29
Is the chip van going to be in Keiss on Wednesday 18th March?

Bobinovich
18-Mar-09, 01:18
Judging by the responses earlier and the C4C website, I believe Keiss is off the menu for the time being.

chef4celebrations
18-Mar-09, 14:54
i do appologise but there is something that is telling me not to go to keiss, everytime i get the van ready to go out on the road to keiss something goes wrong, or breaks, or the wind gets too strong for the trailer
(45-50mph), out of the 6 weeks i tried to get to you once i made it and then crashed on the way back, and i was only going 20mph, and tonight one of my chip tubs broke apart when i picked it up and 2 sacks of prepared chips were wasted as they fell all over the drive and had to be thrown away. maybe in the future it might be put back on the route when i have the other van.
sorry for the inconvenience, and please feel free to come to my other locations which will be on my website in due course.

c4c[/quote]

Feeona
18-Mar-09, 18:11
noticed on my way passing to Keiss tonight that there is a no show again from the Chip Van. I was hoping to try it but not going to bother now as I ain't running around the county looking for it when its not in a place it has said its gonna be. Shame.

changilass
18-Mar-09, 18:16
Did you not read the post above yours Feeona.

If you check his website it tells you where the van is gonna be.

The org is not the place to get updates on a business, thats why he has his own site.

Kodiak
18-Mar-09, 18:37
Here is a Link to the Web Page for the Mobile Chip Van. It also gives you the times and Venue for the Van. :-

http://chef4celebrations.com/