PDA

View Full Version : The Levellers....

percy toboggan
10-Jan-09, 17:04
Does anyone like this band?

I have to say , having loved them for about sixteen years the lastest album 'Letters from the Underground' ha sproved to be an excellent choice for me 38th. anniversary prez. Took awhile to grow upon me but blimey! it's brilliant. They are back to 'Levelling the Land' standards - almost.

Please say you like the Lev's.
If you've neve rheard of them and you like great fiddley and fiery protest pop with a punk edged bent then buy 'Levelling the Land' please.

They even have a didgeredoo. Yes really !

The Pepsi Challenge
10-Jan-09, 17:28
'fraid am not a fan of The Levellers at all, percy.

the_big_mac
10-Jan-09, 19:52
Does anyone like this band?

I have to say , having loved them for about sixteen years the lastest album 'Letters from the Underground' ha sproved to be an excellent choice for me 38th. anniversary prez. Took awhile to grow upon me but blimey! it's brilliant. They are back to 'Levelling the Land' standards - almost.

Please say you like the Lev's.
If you've neve rheard of them and you like great fiddley and fiery protest pop with a punk edged bent then buy 'Levelling the Land' please.

They even have a didgeredoo. Yes really !

Great show, and small venue band, really know how to get a crowd of all ages jumping. Cant say I listen to anything by them by choice, but I have been known to pull out a bit of levellers when the dancefloor is dead. Always works.

hotrod4
10-Jan-09, 20:30
Like the levellers especially "Julie" which is my top 10 of favourite songs. Dont like their "crusty" gypo type image but they do make exceedingly good songs!!![lol]

A9RUNNER
10-Jan-09, 22:46
Love them ! great tunes, I must check out the newer stuff.

percy toboggan
10-Jan-09, 23:48
Love them ! great tunes, I must check out the newer stuff.

'Letters from the Underground' is excellent after three or five listens imho.
Lyrically edgy too with the trademark blazing fiddle.

iain
11-Jan-09, 00:33
Some of them played in The Central a few years ago under another name,which i can't remember,magic night it was. Like them a lot.