PDA

View Full Version : Free bus travel to go Scotland-wide

jings00
03-Feb-06, 17:45
This is supposed to come about in 2006. A disabled family member has tried to find out where to get a pass, went to the social and was directed to the council, went to the council and was directed to the social. Does anyone know who to contact for this??

angela5
03-Feb-06, 17:49
This is supposed to come about in 2006. A disabled family member has tried to find out where to get a pass, went to the social and was directed to the council, went to the council and was directed to the social. Does anyone know who to contact for this??

Go back to the council as the forms are in the rent office..it is April 06 it begins..

crashbandicoot1979
03-Feb-06, 17:49
My mum was trying to find out about getting one of these passes for my sister but she was also directed to and from the council and social work. She is going to CAB on Monday so hopefully they wil be able to find out.

angela5
03-Feb-06, 17:51
My mum was trying to find out about getting one of these passes for my sister but she was also directed to and from the council and social work. She is going to CAB on Monday so hopefully they wil be able to find out.

The person i know got there's out the rent office at the council:confused:

crashbandicoot1979
03-Feb-06, 17:52
Thanks angela. I'll tell my mum to try them again. It could be that the person she spoke to on the phone didn't know anything about it. It is the Highland Council after all....

jings00
03-Feb-06, 17:56
Thanks for the info, it won't have been the first time the council have given the runaround.
Will pop in and see 'em first opportunity.
Cheers

Fran
03-Feb-06, 18:57
You can get the form for travel from the post office, you can even get the photoes done there and then and get your complete card, all done.

jings00
03-Feb-06, 18:59
excellent, thanks for that info too :-)

Bill Fernie
03-Feb-06, 21:12
Can you confirm the post office are accepting the new travel sceme applications or is it the old ones.

jings00
06-Feb-06, 16:21
Don't know bout the Post Office, but was in at the council today (Thurso) and they have run out of forms, but will have more on Wednesday or Thursday they hope. Two passport size foties and a docket chat to say they are entitled to the pass, can get this from the social I believe

badger
06-Feb-06, 17:12
Maureen Macmillan was reported in the Groat last Friday as saying that anyone applying for the new card must first apply for the local concessionary travel card from the council service point. I have a local travel card but got mine from the Post Office a few years ago, not the Council, and was sent the forms for the new card a while ago. These forms only apply to people who already have a travel card. Sounds like the usual bureaucratic muddle. I can see the sense of sending forms to existing cardholders but don't see why new cardholders can't apply just for the new card instead of having to get one of the old ones first. But hey - why make it simple if you can make it complicated? After all, it's public money they're wasting so what's new?

I'm afraid this doesn't answer the question of where you get it but maybe you'll do better if you ask for the old card. Make sure you keep a copy of your photo as you'll need another for the new card. And whatever you do, don't complete the form in blue ink - only black will do :evil . I made this mistake and my form was grudgingly accepted but don't bank on it.

One slightly ominous note about this new card - M Mcm states free travel is only one aspect of the new card, other things will follow - "The card will be electronic and will help to prevent fraud". Sounds a bit like an ID card to me.

airdlass
06-Feb-06, 17:39
Her in Kincardineshire people apply for the bus pass at their local postoffice. People with a buspas already use the new form which the PO check and send away, you should then receive your new pass before end of March. People who don't already have a bus pass have to apply for the old style pass again from the post office,they will then be contacted regarding one of the new style.
Clear as mud! And I work in the PO!

cuddlepop
06-Feb-06, 17:47
Why make life simple when complicated is so much more fun......I.m sure thats Highland Councils moto.:lol:

Davie MacLeod
06-Feb-06, 18:12
For Highland area telephone 0845 7090202 for registration

Fran
09-Feb-06, 01:45
Wick post office have plenty of forms for the new bus passes. Once filled in, with a photoe attached (which can be taken in the post office), the post office keep the form and your bus pass will be posted to you. I was there today doing one for a friend, who has the older type oap bus pass as she is disabled.