PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone....

Sapphire2803
10-Jan-09, 14:27
Still got CB radios lying about?

If so, how about we all set a date and plug them in? Could be a giggle. Just like the old days. :lol:

You don't need a license for CB any more, so there's no worry on that count.

Fran
10-Jan-09, 15:45
I still have one for the car and my homebase, would love to have the cb again, it would be like the org but in voices!!

dessie
10-Jan-09, 16:14
i got a superstar 360 somewhere..in my shed...upper and lower sidebands..

carasmam
10-Jan-09, 16:50
Ha ha that would be a blast from the past. The 'buttonpushers' of years ago are probably todays 'trolls' :lol::lol:

hotrod4
13-Jan-09, 07:39
Thats a big 10-4 good buddy. I much prefered "dx-ing" as you didnt get the hassle of button pushers, but to get round them i would just plug in my burner and go right over the top of them(And through my neighbours telly!!).
used to keep the DX-ing for early hours of the morning if there was good skip so I didnt annoy the neighbours!:lol:
Them were the days.

poppett
13-Jan-09, 09:41
Happy days................. I was "tangerine dream" in the 80`s......... not named after the rockband, but named after a black magic sweetie...... Now a poppett......another sweetie..... says it all.

chef4celebrations
13-Jan-09, 10:26
i have just got my old CB out and i am going to be setting it up in the trailer for orders,,,,,lol

DRM
13-Jan-09, 10:58
YESATORI TO THAT make a change from hearing taxis all the time!!!

carasmam
13-Jan-09, 15:26
Thats a big 10-4 good buddy. I much prefered "dx-ing" as you didnt get the hassle of button pushers, but to get round them i would just plug in my burner and go right over the top of them(And through my neighbours telly!!).
used to keep the DX-ing for early hours of the morning if there was good skip so I didnt annoy the neighbours!:lol:
Them were the days.

Glad we lived out in the country as when my mither had the burner plugged in we roared at her because the reception went on the telly, I imagine neighbours wouldn't have been too pleased if we had any :lol:

It was a good laugh at the time, cb's were our mobile phones I suppose, all my mates had one in their cars and we kept in touch when we were cruisin' at the weekends !!

percy toboggan
13-Jan-09, 18:44
What was your handle then Sapphire?

I gave both of mine away when I packed in the distance work but it used to be one- nine for a copy.....

'Drifter'
'Fleetwood Mac'
...or the old 'Sky Blue' - dependant on decade.

If I'd kept 'em range might have been a problem - happy days...and neets.

Geo
13-Jan-09, 18:49
I got back on air a few months ago but haven't heard a single person on there. I've been putting together a CB radio site at www.ukcbr.com. I'm looking forward to the skip kicking in for some DXing, (long distance contacts). Handle was Sidewinder when I was last on.

Tugmistress
13-Jan-09, 19:03
blimey it's years since i was on a cb, what is used now? am or fm? am was illegal when i was on lol best cb i remember having was the cobra 148, i would often listen to someone in the states but never had a burner or a decent aerial, it was a dv27 on my bedroom windowsill lol
old handle 'wildcat' ;)

hotrod4
13-Jan-09, 19:16
I got back on air a few months ago but haven't heard a single person on there. I've been putting together a CB radio site at www.ukcbr.com (http://www.ukcbr.com). I'm looking forward to the skip kicking in for some DXing, (long distance contacts). Handle was Sidewinder when I was last on.
Break Break Sidewinder good buddy, Long time no here. Your 20 still out by the Big B?. Remember we used to eyeball when your 20 was in The Big W.I used to come round with zebedy.
Hows the man from the bath getting on these days?
Catch ya later good buddy

10-10 for now ;)

Sapphire2803
13-Jan-09, 19:31
What was your handle then Sapphire?

I was Blue Jeans :D

I got back on air a few months ago but haven't heard a single person on there. I've been putting together a CB radio site at www.ukcbr.com (http://www.ukcbr.com). I'm looking forward to the skip kicking in for some DXing, (long distance contacts). Handle was Sidewinder when I was last on.

I'll have to go have a looky at the site. It was the deathly silence on there that made me start this thread.

blimey it's years since i was on a cb, what is used now? am or fm? am was illegal when i was on lol best cb i remember having was the cobra 148, i would often listen to someone in the states but never had a burner or a decent aerial, it was a dv27 on my bedroom windowsill lol
old handle 'wildcat' ;)

DV27 on a biscuit tin on the window sill :D

AM is still illegal, we've been given a crappy bit of the FM band, but hey ho! Still worth a plug in for a giggle if anyone has the gear laying about.

Sapphire2803
13-Jan-09, 19:34
i have just got my old CB out and i am going to be setting it up in the trailer for orders,,,,,lol

If you did, we'd use it :D

What channel? :Razz