PDA

View Full Version : Bartering our skills.

moureen
09-Jan-09, 21:40
I have just been watching the Tonight programme and it got me thinking!!!! Are there any .orgers interested in exchanging skills in stead of money for jobs? example I need my hand break ajusted{I think} on the car in exchange for some one doing that I could lets say,do some gardening,walk your dog {if its people friendly},your ironing,some house work,get the idea.Ladies are you interested in clothes swap evenings if so get in touch,with the way the country is at the moment lets use our skills instead of money you never know you might enjoy it, it might even be fun.:)

Tugmistress
09-Jan-09, 21:42
that's a pretty good idea and one i have always thought about, hope other people feel the same way :)

forevera123
09-Jan-09, 21:52
if that could work out, it will help a lot people who are suffering from the credit crunch.:D

Salad Fingers
09-Jan-09, 22:09
I have just been watching the Tonight programme and it got me thinking!!!! Are there any .orgers interested in exchanging skills in stead of money for jobs? example I need my hand break ajusted{I think} on the car in exchange for some one doing that I could lets say,do some gardening,walk your dog {if its people friendly},your ironing,some house work,get the idea.Ladies are you interested in clothes swap evenings if so get in touch,with the way the country is at the moment lets use our skills instead of money you never know you might enjoy it, it might even be fun.:)

Im up for the ladies clothes swap evening, sounds interesting......is it open to a bloke?

teenybash
09-Jan-09, 23:06
Sounds good....would be up for it.

moureen
09-Jan-09, 23:10
Im up for the ladies clothes swap evening, sounds interesting......is it open to a bloke?
Yes open to men the more the merrier!!! by the way have had an offer to sort my hand brake now just need to pay favour back!!! Thanks to PM.

Salad Fingers
09-Jan-09, 23:11
Yes open to men the more the merrier!!! by the way have had an offer to sort my hand brake now just need to pay favour back!!! Thanks to PM.

I'm a 32B and my handbrake is in perfect working order.

Bad Manners
09-Jan-09, 23:16
bartering has long been a tradition you barter for a better price why not barter a deal that suits both parties

dook
09-Jan-09, 23:19
bartering has long been a tradition you barter for a better price why not barter a deal that suits both parties

I got bartered by the wife the other night. It's true. After givin me a good whelkin she got everything she asked for.

wifie
09-Jan-09, 23:59

There is always one! :roll: LOL!

I think bartering skills is a great idea - I was going to say what about the people in business who wish to get paid for these skills but I believe there is a bit of barter goes on between business people too!

Kevin Milkins
10-Jan-09, 00:03
I think it's a great idea however I would be very supprised if anyone could agree to agree on the org on what is a fair swop.:lol:

How would the tax man get his share?:roll:

changilass
10-Jan-09, 00:05
Thats the best bit about it the tax man gets nowt:lol:

wifie
10-Jan-09, 00:24
I think it's a great idea however I would be very supprised if anyone could agree to agree on the org on what is a fair swop.:lol:

Oh ye of little faith! [lol]

sweetpea
10-Jan-09, 01:26
I'd be interested in swapping clothes, someone to make me a rabbit run, materials provided and getting rid of mount everest ironing pile in my spare room. Willing to exchange skills:)

sweetpea
10-Jan-09, 01:27
Forgot to add, this is like the 'lets' system.

Dorrie
10-Jan-09, 02:37
I think it's a great idea too. I will have a think about what skills I want to offer. :)

Fran
10-Jan-09, 02:45
I'm very good at ironing, and the clothes swapping is a good idea. I also have a car, so could drive somewhere or fetch something,

wifie
10-Jan-09, 02:47
Fran get someone to fix the bulb in yer outside light mind!

sweetpea
10-Jan-09, 02:53
I'll change your bulb fran!

Fran
10-Jan-09, 02:56
That would be fine Sweetpea and i could do some ironing for you!!!

sweetpea
10-Jan-09, 02:59
That would be fine Sweetpea and i could do some ironing for you!!!

Do you really like ironing?

moureen
10-Jan-09, 10:59
Ok guy's some one is coming to look at my car and I will swap a skill back {no smart comments please!!!} but on a serous note why do'nt we do this more often it would save us money and open up a whole new way of life we use our skills ,help people, and we save our selves money.The people interested in a clothes swap evening please pm me.Good luck.

Bad Manners
10-Jan-09, 11:24
Ok guy's some one is coming to look at my car and I will swap a skill back {no smart comments please!!!} but on a serous note why do'nt we do this more often it would save us money and open up a whole new way of life we use our skills ,help people, and we save our selves money.The people interested in a clothes swap evening please pm me.Good luck.
It's called comunity spirit where everyone helps each other it's what used to happen before everybody go so immersed in their own life.
When I lived in Holland they used to have a comunity day once a month where people exchanged goods Clothes,jam,chutney items made and services(legal) it worked very well and it brought the community together
so bring it on especially in the current times as now more than every we should be helping each other.
best of luck

Fran
10-Jan-09, 16:00
Do you really like ironing?

yes, find it very relaxing, and at one time it earned me a few pennies!!

poppett
10-Jan-09, 19:22
I was an iron lady too, in a previous life.

poppett
11-Jan-09, 00:44
My OH serviced a chain saw and its owner made us a giant cheesecake. Does this count as bartering skills?

If so we are doing it already without even realising it!

lynne duncan
11-Jan-09, 21:12
think this system is in place at the cvg in wick, can't remember the person in charge of the book, but you can offer your services or skills, ie gardening, painting etc, in return for anything you need done.

Kevin Milkins
11-Jan-09, 21:33
I am needing some work doing on my teeth and I am still on the waiting list .

So, if there are any dentists out there that want any coal mining,or grave digging doing, or has a cow that needs to be milked,or would like to learn how to pass a rugby ball.

Please PM me.lol

Julia
12-Jan-09, 02:07
I am needing some work doing on my teeth and I am still on the waiting list .

So, if there are any dentists out there that want any coal mining,or grave digging doing, or has a cow that needs to be milked,or would like to learn how to pass a rugby ball.

Please PM me.lol

I already offered to pull your tooth out and you declined, you agreed to dig that grave for me so I can't understand what the problem is in lifting the patio first!! [disgust]