PDA

View Full Version : Dave Dee

Tom Cornwall
09-Jan-09, 20:59
Anybody out there remember Dave Dee of Dave Dee, Dozy , Beaky, Mick and Titch fame back in the 60's...we saw them early last year in the Solid Silver 60's show and they were the same as we remembered...well, anyway, the sad news is that Dave died today...very sad ..younger than me...:(

Kodiak
09-Jan-09, 21:06
I sure do remember them and as far as I remember one of their best Hits was "Bend It".

Sad to hear that Dave Dee died today but he will be remembered by his Music.

Here is a Link to the announcement of his death :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/4208929/Dave-Dee.html

gleeber
09-Jan-09, 21:22
I took my daughters to see them in Inverness last year along with a few other worthies from the 60s.
Dave Dee and his band came to Thurso not long before they hit the charts in early 60s. He sent a letter to the Groat the following week complaining about the performance of the locals. If my memory recalls he wasnt happy with the Town Hall being empty of men before 10 o clock and then just after 10 it was like a hill market with non of us interested in the music.

Gleber2
09-Jan-09, 22:01
They came from Southampton and the Thurso gig was their first pro gig for which they were payed £30. We had a dance in the TA hall the same night so I never heard them.
He was a fine bloke and it is sad to hear of his passing.

gleeber
09-Jan-09, 22:05
They came from Southampton and the Thurso gig was their first pro gig for which they were payed £30. We had a dance in the TA hall the same night so I never heard them.
He was a fine bloke and it is sad to hear of his passing.

I think they were the first long haired blokes i ever saw.

Gleber2
09-Jan-09, 22:59
Rod Stuart was the first I saw.

dirdyweeker
09-Jan-09, 23:57
sad news. Remember them well, part of my teen years. Favourite has to be Legend of Xanadu. Lots of very catchy songs. Must put some onto my iPod

Buttercup
10-Jan-09, 00:16
Thanks for posting Tom, been at work and hadn't heard/seen any news today. A great favourite from the 60's.
Pity someone decided to move this thread from the General section, would've thought that was the best place for it - but then some feel if they have the power they MUST use it :roll:.

Kevin Milkins
10-Jan-09, 12:32
I took my daughters to see them in Inverness last year along with a few other worthies from the 60s.
Dave Dee and his band came to Thurso not long before they hit the charts in early 60s. He sent a letter to the Groat the following week complaining about the performance of the locals. If my memory recalls he wasnt happy with the Town Hall being empty of men before 10 o clock and then just after 10 it was like a hill market with non of us interested in the music.

Sad news indeed, and thanks for posting it Tom as I don't listen to much of the news these days (Gazza Etc).:(

Interesting recolection of the Groat letter gleeber, they will have that tucked away somwere and would be facinating to read that .

veekay
10-Jan-09, 13:07
I went to see them live, my very first live 'pop' concert they were on with the Kinks. It is so sad when a part of your growing up dies.